[GUIDE] Play as Kha'ak (and living to tell about it)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alche
x3

Post by Alche » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 21:15

Jakesnake5 wrote: Buy a station, plant it and start raking in the profits.

Once you can buy a station (supposedly from the Split), park one in CP. If CP has power plants, park it close to one, cap a hauler (or buy one from the split, their's are fast enough) and buy energy for 13. Do the math and sell the products for 25-50% more than the power costs.

Any ship buying from your station there will give you Teladi race rank. And even more if its an actual Teladi trader
Couple more questions for you.

1. Okay you’ve got your rep up with the split enough to buy a factory. Now to get some rep with the Teladi you place the fab in Company Pride, it starts trading, slowly you build rep. Got that. BUT won’t the fab get attacked by the Teladi as your rep is zero to start? Sounds like a catch 22 situation.

2. Also if your rep with the Teladi is zero to start, why not just go to Ceo’s Sprite, a very short trip from the pirate base in CP and cap some Teladi transports there? You can’t lose rep as you don’t have any.

Should add your post to hints & tips for players wanting to play khaak.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 01:48

Not sure. Every Teladi border sector Ive been in hasn't had any cap ships. I know the Core systems do.

If your nevouse about the Teladi attacking it, then park the station in Thuruk's Beard just ouside the gate (give it 5-10km clearance) and let them come out. Try to choose a station they'll want the products of.

Just remember, you can't BUY any energy from them yet, so you'll need several ships to ferry it down. Just don't sell your products yourself, so you have stock available.

The only things you'll have to worry about attacking anything are the pirates for the most part, and the military (and the split DO have patrols).

So if the Teladi don't patrol CP because of the Pirate BASE at the north gate, you shouldn't have to worry about any of them attacking a station there. You'll just need to swat the occasional pirate. (If they EVER patrolled that sector you KNOW that PB would be attacked) :D

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 18:26

This was amusing.

I took a trip down to Bad Dept (Teladi Border below Trinity Sanctum).

What I found there was 3 Clusters. They broke appart and proceeded to stomp the un-holy hell out of the traffic there.

It's SO fun watching a Kha'ak cluster attack and not having to be part of their targets. :twisted:

I got some Teladi Race points when (I had been autopilot follwing one of the fighters) a scout slamed into me and died. Didn't make the rest go hostile.

I had called in a freighter I had nearby and had it collect some of the loot. Which, from what I saw, contained over 50 spaceweed that a boron ship had dropped. (Must have been a pirate in disguise).

Eventually all the hostile Kha'ak were killed (hey, those freighters DO shoot back you know), and I sold the 'weed and some sunrise flowers (why do the PBs buy that?) to the pirate base.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 20:05

PBs buy Sunrise Flowers because they're part of the manufacturing process for Spaceweed, as far as I recall...could be wrong.

CABM
x3

Post by CABM » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 20:23

Jakesnake5 wrote:sunrise flowers (why do the PBs buy that?)
Because it makes the base look nicer pirates like nice colours you know thats why they have coloured ships and colourful parrots :wink:
If life was easy it wouldn't be so fun.

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 20:33

hope you guys have fun playing as the baddies :P

its alot a fun staying alive when you have spawned in paranid prime :shock:

cheers stevio

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 21:37

Sunrise Flowers is part of making Nostrop oil. Swamp Plant is used for the 'weed. So PB's wanting it confuses me. Maybe Ego got the item's mixed. :D

Tanall
x4

Post by Tanall » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 22:18

Jakesnake5 wrote: So if the Teladi don't patrol CP because of the Pirate BASE at the north gate, you shouldn't have to worry about any of them attacking a station there. You'll just need to swat the occasional pirate. (If they EVER patrolled that sector you KNOW that PB would be attacked) :D
Actually, Teladi are not hostile to pirates. They wont attack them unless the pirates attack a teladi station or ship first.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) BuNn3h!!!1!!!111

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 23:12

Oh their military ships WILL swat pirates. I've seen them do it. It's just I've never seen any in CP. (outside of Race Response Fleets, then things get weird in a hurry)

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 06:29

OY!!!!

Ok, for those who play Kha'ak Invader, DON'T GO TO KHA'AK SECTORS!!!

Not, at least, without enough firepower to take on your 'brothers'.

I managed to buy the sector locations from the 'Nid's bbs. I didn't go immediatly. After goofing around in Thuruk's Beard (swatting 'rats and borons) I decided to hop 'home'. BAD MOVE! I ended up reloading.

I didn't DIE, would have eventually, but I just reloaded (15 energy I had left wasn't enough to get back).

When I jumped into the first location. Red. Everywhere. Only a few scouts were blue.

I checked my race ranking on the local station while I was there, it said 100 for me. So I don't know where the hostilities came from. :D

Kurt Shur'Tugal
x3

Post by Kurt Shur'Tugal » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 08:29

does anyone know how to unlock the khaak start? (legitly

also is their a xenon start?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 09:10

No Xenon starts.

And there's alot of THEORY's of how to legitly unlock, but nobody able to verify for sure.

Oh yea, and if you play as a Kha'ak, you'll never be able to dock at the Goner temple. They hate you too.

Unless someone knows of a way to legitimately raise Goner race rep.
Last edited by Jakesnake5 on Wed, 20. Dec 06, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 20. Dec 06, 18:22

I have neatened up the OP, and created a PDF version as well.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

WingC3
x4

Post by WingC3 » Wed, 20. Dec 06, 19:29

You know, the last comment about checking the race rank on the khaak stations in the khaak sector made me think: sometimes when you gain rep with a race, you still have to comm numerous ships and say "weapons fire was in error" But you can't do that with the khaak. Perhaps if someone scripted that ability in, we'd find that even the khaak in the home sectors are actually friendly??? Maybe not...but I'm just curious. Even if they were friendly...you may have noticed that their stations have no docking ports/bays.

anneking

Post by anneking » Fri, 22. Feb 08, 12:50

Yaki Stations

Sounded great at the start but apart from buying a triplex scanner it proved be one odd script to add for Khaak start!

Buying some wingmen was more trouble than it was worth, hopeless AI, most of them crashed into something or ME. Gave up with them in the end. Drones are much better wingmen!

I guess the mobile Pirate station is nice but can’t dock it or load with stations. And didn’t get one until I had the rep with Argon for a jumpdrive.

And when I sent in an Argon Mammoth to pick up some stations, the Yaki blew it up, I guess they’ll do that with any race ship. So the only way to get a station is to buy your own TL, right. That’s a long way into the game, by then you can already buy any fab from the Argon shipyards.

Anyway thought I’d script in a TL to see what your Yaki shipyard had to offer. First off the connection node is unavailable (insufficient rep) although half the other fabs are available. Odd. Also the Xenon solar plant needs crystals, I see the Xenon fab is scripted in correctly but it doesn’t work as it should. Also odd.

I guess if the mobile pirate station was dockable and could load stations AND you got lucky with an early jumpdrive then it would have been a great script to add.

I thought I’d be clever and buy a mobile Pirate station and whilst still docked at the Yaki shipyard buy a station to load on it BUT it comes up with ZERO space. Aaaargh. Can’t win!

Whuppee

Post by Whuppee » Fri, 22. Feb 08, 17:03

Probably a good thing, if nonsensical..

I was just sitting here thinking about how easy having them as neutral would make mobile nividium mining ops.. :P

anneking

Post by anneking » Fri, 22. Feb 08, 17:33

Whuppee wrote:

Probably a good thing, if nonsensical..

I was just sitting here thinking about how easy having them as neutral would make mobile nividium mining ops.. :P
It is nonsensical. As a khaak invader, other khaak flying around in race sectors are neutral, but the khaak in the home sectors are hostile, some bad scripting going on here.

Yes, it would be brilliant if the khaak sectors were neutral (playing khaak of course), with EQ and shipyard for bartering capped ships in exchange for khaak ordinance, lasers, missiles, fighters. BBS in Pirate base sells the coords.

This would make the khaak start 10 times more fun.

Build up enough credit and get a carrier or destroyer !! You see, the only way to get to the khaak sectors is by jumpdrive, so it would still be a tough challenge building up rep with the Argon to buy the jumpdrives to send the capped ships over (or get lucky finding a jumpdrive and selling a ton of missiles instead, another way to do it)

Time to write my own script.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 22. Feb 08, 21:14

Actually, getting the "Home Kha'ak" friendly would take a script. Just get a list of all Kha'ak race ships and set their FOF to Neutral.

That, and adding shipyards and other structurs the Kha'ak 'captured', with the right wares, can be scripted too. (it'd have to be an AL script if you want the stations to remain 'stocked').

As for GETTING to the home sectors, you'd have to get friendly enough with a race to 'purchase' the coords (also not very logical).

Getting the JumpDrive isn't so difficult, if you can get a ship to bail that has one left on it. :D
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sat, 23. Feb 08, 03:40

So then, I started over as a khaak game

I started in a good system (imo), presidents end. This gives me access to the PB nearby at brennans triumph, or split fire. I chose to get my rep up with the argon.

I start killing pirates over at elena's fortune, and get my rep up to ~80% on the worst one, over an hour or so

I figure, meh im gonna go save at the PB in brennans triumph.. I dock, check the BBS. Oh look, some pirate wants me to go find something for 500k. Sure thing boss.

Oh btw, go through 3 paranid core sectors to get there! ah whatever.

I cross the first few paranid border sectors without incident, and get to the first core sector. All things good, no problems... cross safely, get to the gate, line up my approach and hit seta.

OMGWTF?!?! a TL appears in front of me.

Game Over.

Ahh well, the life of a khaak.

anneking

Post by anneking » Sat, 23. Feb 08, 17:06

Jakesnake5 wrote:As for GETTING to the home sectors, you'd have to get friendly enough with a race to 'purchase' the coords (also not very logical).
Hi Jakesnake,

How about a scripting contract ? PM me if you're interested.

Khaak invader script:

It needs to be simple and logical. Basically you’re a Khaak invader starting from scratch. The pirates bases are the only friends you have and the only group willing to do business with you. That’s the default start position. So how do we build an empire within this framework with minimal changes to the vanilla game.

Here’s my idea.

Khaak sector co-ords available in Pirate BBS

Khaak ships neutral to Khaak invader

Khaak sector has one shipyard, one EQ. Khaak ordinance ONLY, ships, lasers and missiles, usual ship turnings. That’s it. Only stuff the khaak would use for themselves.

------------------------------

So that’s fun if you get a jumpdrive. Otherwise it’s the usual slog.

So lets bring the Marauder in Farnhams Legend online, selling all the pirate ships and illegal fabs (as per your Yaki shipyard). Makes sense. No rep required. The pirates are happy selling to anyone.

No pirate EQ dock though, that’s one addition too far. You can still sell your missiles loaded on a transport of course and the turning you get from pirate bases so an EQ is not essential.

So we now have a consistent scenario for Khaak start. Do you agree?

There are 2 glitches in these ideas.

1. The mobile pirate base has no docking rights. Without a TL you are stuffed, it means getting friendly with one of the races, i.e. same old scenario as before, hardly befitting for a khaak invader and pirate associate. Can this be fixed? I noticed you can manually load a station onto the mobile PB using the cheat scripts, the PB will then deploy the station correctly. So it does half work. Alternatives?

2. Can the Khaak co-ords be added to the pirate BBS or otherwise become available to the player at the start? I’m thinking this might be hard coded into the game. An alternative is using one of the unknown sectors but that’s illogical, too easy, don’t like it. Players always enjoy things better when there’s minimal screwing about with the vanilla game.

You can see where I’m coming from.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”