Mod : Apricot Gunbus Mod V3a AND Gunbus v3a for XTM

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 01:09

Zod wrote:Argh... Does anyone else have trouble with these as station traders when they have complex hub's? Just lost my 3rd one last night and was not watching
First I've heard of it.

But given the auto-pillok, its not surprising.

I've sat in my ship, incide my complex, watching a pirate crash into a connector, and just head but it until it died. The Gunbus probably does the same if it gets caught in there.

I'll add that to the bugs list I'm doing.

Zod

Post by Zod » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 05:13

Hmm, ok. Didn't know if it was common since I'm only in sector long enough to place a few stations at a time but still managed to lose them. Guess its the same hosed up logic that makes my autopilot want to fly *through* the station to get to the docking lane. Having to use salvage insurance before docking is just one of the taxes on the gunbus that balances it out, a tad. :wink:

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 05:50

also helps if you build complexes in the SOUTH of the sector (even South of the south gate), this puts the hub where things will approach it without trying to fly through stations.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 06:31

There are 2 AP bugs at work here.

The ship comes out a gate, plots a course for the hub, and ignores any obstacle in between that that a blind man with a long stick would tell you to fly around not through.

Having detected the obstacle, the ship avoids too late, to radically and slides into the obstacle, then cannot get away from it and then head buts the obstacle until one on them dies, usually the ship.

I've actually defined it as 3 bugs in the list I'm doing atthe moment.

The idea behind the shields of the Gunbus was to ensure it lived through one of these, but alas, only 10gj shields seem to guarentee survival. :(

As said, placement of the hub so that nothing obstructs it, makes this less likely to occur.

My complexes are all built on a single plane, with the hub sticking way out like a netball pole, far above or below the plane of the stations. Because there is nothing around to obstruct it, the only ships that have a problem are those that undershoot and hit the connecter going to the stations.

Zod

Post by Zod » Mon, 28. Aug 06, 01:27

I figured that was the problem with the first two. The third one that died on a complex hub that was placed on the south side of the west gate in wall. My stations were west of the west gate and I pulled the hub to an unobstructed area about 5k east of the west gate and a little low on the plane to keep any suicidal autopilots from trying to go through it. Starting to get the feeling my game is just hosed up...

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 28. Aug 06, 02:09

Zod wrote:Starting to get the feeling my game is just hosed up...
When I get really cynical, I wonder if the game has a random number assigned to a Player Attrition Rate. If the player doesnt lose ships around this rate to combat, then "accidents" are spawned instead. I dont beleive I've heard anyone who has major combat losses compaining of losing ships to accidents. Its only those who try very hard not to lose ships for any reason, who complain about the acccidents the most. As I said, really cynical.

Zod

Post by Zod » Mon, 28. Aug 06, 05:10

Ah, so I need to make up some UT's not running the satalite UT script to serve as sacrifices to the G.O.D. Engine. :lol:

That makes a twisty sort of sense.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 05:05

The bonus pack has introduced 2 bugs into the UT scripts and will have overwritten the extended M6 commands version. You should reapply this version to retain M6 commands, and to eliminate the reintroduced bugs.

The bonus pack appears to have 2 UT bugs.

1. The running out of ecells bug is back.
2. The pilot transfer doesnt work.

The only fix is replacing the packs script with the oiriginal, so my modified version of the original will do just as well. :)

Reminder, you will need to re-delete the script mentioned in the instalation notes, as the bonus pack will have put it in again.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 08:34

The new patch will render the Gunbus mod inoperative, because it adds new ships into the game.

Until I get a new mod made, you can....

install the new patch.
install the SPK versions of the ships.

This should be all you need to continue using them. The scripts should remain unchanged.

If the M6 scripts are changed and you are using them, reinstall those by extracting them from the mod zip and putting them in the scripts directory. manually.

Streaks
x3

Post by Streaks » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 05:19

Is this a script or a mod?

Its currently under Ship "Commands and Other Scripts" in the scripts library.

I didn't think that you can't use a Trader Mk3 software with an M6.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 05:29

Streaks wrote:Is this a script or a mod?
Its currently under Ship "Commands and Other Scripts" in the scripts library.
Its correctly listed under the MODS section.

It is not however, as yet, compatible with the new patch. I plan to get that done over the xmas break, as real life has impinged on game time somewhat chronic recently.
I didn't think that you can't use a Trader Mk3 software with an M6.
The original script does not allow this, no. But the mod has this script modified so it can run on a M6. When I update the mod, I will also update the new script.

Streaks
x3

Post by Streaks » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 07:52

Its correctly listed under the MODS section.
"M6 Commands Extention : Apricotslice allows M6 ships to use MK3 trading commands"

That's what I clicked, and it is under the "Ship Commands and Other Scripts"

I thought its just a script that allows M6 ships to use Mk3 trading commands, like the UT.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 08:02

Ah. If you go back to the OP, you will see the thread is for the mod, but the commands are downloadable as well. 2 sets of downloads.

The M6 commands are 2 replacement scripts. The trade3 script was updated in the bonus pack, but this is the older script, until I get time to do a new one.

Streaks
x3

Post by Streaks » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 10:40

So what does it (the M6 commands extention) do?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 12:09

Streaks wrote:So what does it (the M6 commands extention) do?
Gives the M6 :

Trade 3 commands
Collect wares in sector command.

Streaks
x3

Post by Streaks » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 15:26

If a script has been signed...why isn't the unsigned script removed from the library?

Its kinda confusing to keep track of all the scripts (unsigned and signed, and the future signed scripts). No one wants to install an unsigned script whose functionality has been included in one of the signed bonus packs.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 15:39

Streaks wrote:If a script has been signed...why isn't the unsigned script removed from the library?

Its kinda confusing to keep track of all the scripts (unsigned and signed, and the future signed scripts). No one wants to install an unsigned script whose functionality has been included in one of the signed bonus packs.
I have no idea what you are going on about.

These scripts predate the Bonus pack by a long time. If the Bonus pack has support for the M6, then just say so.

I personally ahvent had the time to load the Bonus pack yet, so I know the changes to that script only by the discussion it had in the other forum.

And if the Bonus pack put that functionality in, then I shall be very happy that these scripts are no longer needed.

Streaks
x3

Post by Streaks » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 17:12

Streaks wrote:
If a script has been signed...why isn't the unsigned script removed from the library?

...so this is where this reply went.

Sorry apricotslice. I meant my post above to be a new thread in the X3 Scripts and Modding Forum. That's what I get for tracking AND replying to several of my (and other people's) posts and replies while reviewing and downloading several scripts.

I made a new thread in your thread, where I should have made it in the " New Topic"....I wonder what new thread I've posted then....

Again, sorry. My reply above wasn't meant for you. :oops: :oops: :oops:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 9. Dec 06, 04:06

Thats a releif :)

spoidz
x3tc

Random loadout changes from save game load?

Post by spoidz » Sat, 30. Dec 06, 20:46

I seem to be getting some kind of corruption in this Mod. I have been using it since the Cycrow ship versions came up. I'm on 2.02 with ship creator and a few script manager loads (just civs, rocks, etc no other ship mods)

I am in a player Gunbus (centaur) and been working all day with towing mines around. Had a bad bump and had to reload save game.

When it came back up the ship info for weapons allowed has changed. Now I can't put the Tractor beam back on the front or rear turret, but i can now load Laser Tower weapons?

I get this same corruption some times when I start back up and buy a few more gunbus and their loadouts aren't the same as the ones I already have running.

Haven't heard this problem mentioned but once in the thread and was solved by a jump. haven't tried the jump yet but if that doesn't work, any other ideas to fix or avoid in future?

Thanks for the excellent mod!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”