The X4 internet thread (no not another silly poll)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Which one of these would you like X4 to be?

Single player
62%
Muilt-player
19%
LAN
10%
Split/dual/muiti screen/computer
7%
Battleground muilt-player (quike battle)
2%
Comsole game/X-BOX compatable
1%

Total votes: 167

Khaak_Hammer
x2

The X4 internet thread (no not another silly poll)

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 22:27

This one's just to detirmine just what Gamers want out of X4, I shall be the final judge here and shall attempt to remain as un-biased as possable

Feel free to post anything but first a few rules.

No swearing

No player/moderator/egosoft bashing

No posts like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, try to give a reason with your answer.

No posts like oh no it's not profitable we/they wont do it! this is just a thread to find out what they want NOT whats going to happen.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 22:30

No option for "Why another one?"?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 22:31

fud wrote:No option for "Why another one?"?
Yeah, I'd pick that one. :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Khaak_Hammer
x2

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 22:32

I just want to clear the dam thing up once and for all.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 22:32

--- done quickly
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Sirus5
x4

poll

Post by Sirus5 » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 22:33

Not quite sure what you mean by split screen/ multi screen.....
Why not Paranid Screen or Boron Screen...

Some 4 or 5 years ago, I thought this a good idea with X-BTF and X-Tension... When X2 came out, I still thought it would be wicked...

When I had spent some time (read year or so) on X2, I realised it might be not quite as good as I thought - what happens when you are not there but your friends are - do they simply squish you out of existence... Now in X3, (again had it for as long as it's been out)... Am thinking it's not too good to have multi-player on a warfare game...

Khaak_Hammer
x2

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 22:36

by muilti screen I mean two or more computers on a single computer playing togeater

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 22:36

Khaak_Hammer wrote:I just want to clear the dam thing up once and for all.
And you think your poll is gonna do that? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: So many times we've tried. So many times we've failied. :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

anima36
x3

Post by anima36 » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 22:38

i would love X4 o be multiplayer but it would have to be just right, i think the way the X universe works it would force interaction far more than any other game. imagine how difficult it would be to do anything with everyone after you, but it you got together in a group of 5 or 10 you could find a small sector and try to seize control, there would have to be a way to make money from holding sectors like a central station that bought goods which players could supply from stations at a profit, so a group of players could hold a sector and make a profit with it to upgrade ships and buy new ones. some ectors would be more valuable than others of course, eventually im guessing lots of small clans would merge to make larger ones to control more of the universe untill there are a few major clans with huge battles between them and a system by which each clan must have a leader so their would be civil wars for power. eventually one player would take control of the universe, could be years though, and then the universe would be reset. it should be done with the less computer taxing X2 programming i think.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 22:40

Nanook wrote:
And you think your poll is gonna do that? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: So many times we've tried. So many times we've failied. :lol:

It's only been a week since the last attempt. :)

Andrew1000000
x3tc

Post by Andrew1000000 » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 22:41

i say it has definately got to be single player, as in not MMO live EVE online.
thats the thing that sets X3 apart from EVE. X3 isn't a time sink thanks so much to that fast forward button 8)

donotdespisethesnake
x3

Post by donotdespisethesnake » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 22:52

Hmm, none of the above. I would definitely like to see a game that can fully utilise multi-core CPUs. By the time X4 comes out, we should have quad-core cpus, and dual-core will be common.

Oh, and also a whole different Universe :)
"Yes, he is in his office, but he's on an intergalactic cruise."

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 23:36

The poll options aren't mutually exclusive. It could be SP or MP, and a console game at the same time.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

DarthVodka
x3tc

Post by DarthVodka » Tue, 5. Dec 06, 00:23

Personally, I'm hoping that if there is an X4 it will stay on the PC and stay single player. I don't play well with others :D

If there was to be an online element I wouldn't mind a way of talking with other players while in game. At the moment I seem to spend half my time playing and the other half reading the forums. Both are enjoyable and combining the two could be errr... interesting.

Another online component I'd go for would be subscription based content. Something new every month... missions, ships, sectors... that kind of thing.

But definitely not multi-player. No no no ;) I don't want some screaming 10 year old laying waste to my carefully planned empire just because he's OD'd on sugar and has the reflexes of a... (what has fast reflexes??)
Anyway, that's my tuppence worth.
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
William Blake

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Tue, 5. Dec 06, 00:25

Cockroaches have fast reflexes
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

jannix
x4

Post by jannix » Tue, 5. Dec 06, 00:29

I think Abyss is referring to a new species in X4.. the 'Roaches ;)

:D

DarthVodka
x3tc

Post by DarthVodka » Tue, 5. Dec 06, 00:31

Thank you.
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
William Blake

Dhore
x3tc

Post by Dhore » Tue, 5. Dec 06, 00:35

This poll is gonna be slightly misleading in that those who want multiplayer OR Lan - just someone else to play against and in more than 1 or 2 categories, whereas the evil people who want it to remain single player till kingdom come will look greater as they just have the one option.

Tho there will be another single player X game - its inevitable methinks, there should be an alternative for those who want multiplayer too. Ive been with this game from the start in the old forums before the entire forum was locked, I got x beyond the frontier after a demo in a pc mag, I love the game but im not single player obsessed, and those who are should realise that its not and ALL multiplayer or ALL single player. One could very much benefit the other.

Also I'd like to see people saying " I only want to *play* single player" rather than "I dont want there to be *any* multiplayer"

Theres a huge difference.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Tue, 5. Dec 06, 00:41

IMHO, i think the X universe has great potental as a online RPG type game. Each player will have the choice of where to start, be it paranid, argon, teladi, and all the other major races. Or, they can start as 'pirate of choice' Khaak, pirate (yaki, reg) or Xenon. They would start with either a m3, or m4 + frieghter, to get them started. Also, each person should get an amount of credits that will help them get past the fact that others have been playing for a [sarcasm] little bit [/sarcasm] longer than they have. The unviverse can be the exact same as x3 for all i care, with the same ships and everything...

People would still be able to put up factorys, plexes, and the like, but eventually all NPC controlled stations will get destroyed, and not respawn later ( to have a completly player enviroment ) NPC pirates, and khaak/ xenon will stay however... They would also need shipyards/ equip docks.

Players, and thier race, will battle the race's, and a council of high ranking players will detirmine wars, peace, non agression pacts, and the like.

There will be a Race chat area to go along with all this, and the race chat could be divided into area chats ( like an argon chat for the areas near a set of pirate sectors, or core sectors - you get the picture.

People would get the chance to join a smaller sebsection of thier race - player created corperations. (like terracorp....) This would allow players to have a family almost... online. They would get thier own little section for chatting. Corp members would be able to get corp made stuffies for cheaper, or for free(depends on corp i suppose)

The game would run all day long, and building times for items i suppose would have to become longer. The jumpdrive would become more usefull than it is now.. i would suggest that it be included in starting ship. Speeds would be about right, however traveling would suck withought a jumpdrive.... perhaps a item that only increases your speed, and only by 5x or something... depends, a team would have to work out the balancing on that one.

I suppose a bigger galaxy would be needed for what i propose, but anything would do :P

gah. im dont typeing.
-Lance

DGBowman
x4

Post by DGBowman » Tue, 5. Dec 06, 00:50

Should read thread before posting. Voted for multi-screen, thinking this meant support for one computer with two monitors (something X2/3 doesn't do). I want to have my target or an outside view on one screen and myself on another.

I'm happy with X4 remaining single player. LAN would be good if I lived with anyone else who played X games.

The way the game is set up, with relatively small sectors and only a few stations in each works very well for single player mode. I don't see the X-games working as MMORGs in their current incarnation.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”