NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions - download now!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 08:22

You don't "find" him anywhere. Where you receive the message to start the Bala Gi missions (which can happen anywhere, at any time--you don't need to be in a specific place for that to happen) you'll be told where you have to go.

darrigez
x3

Post by darrigez » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 09:18

Hi,
I've a question:
i 've installed the patch 2.02, but i've started game free (without story line). I've the possibilty to do new mission with Bala Gi. or i must restart??
Please answer me !
Thank you

Blueneon
x4

Post by Blueneon » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 10:33

Hello Beautiful update.

Does it add Dual Core support to the game or can this not be done?

Thank You

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 10:50

The game runs fine on a dual-core setup but only gains a very small amount from running on such a system since the game itself will only use one core, the gain being from other non-game processes running in the background being shunted off to the other core by Windows.

Changing the game engine to use more than one core is not something that is going to happen in a patch.

Astra
x2

Post by Astra » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 19:35

with the new patch installed Avarice was returned back to me. I won it at the auction for a very hefty price but later was invaded by Teladies setting their station. Now the station was surrounded to me and I have two at once in one place.
HQ - did not allow to redesign the ships but only copy them (not even copy; all upgrades/weapons are removed)

I copied Arrow - you cannot buy it anywhere; tried to hunt for Xenon capital ships to copy them but HAT scipt stopped working; eh

Blueneon
x4

Post by Blueneon » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 16:34

Thank You for the Responce.

Was just wondering if X4 would support Dual or Multi Core.

I amsume it would.

Thank You

zore
x3

Post by zore » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 21:06

Concussion Impulse Generator. I've been playing for a while and have yet to come across one of these. Any help would be appreciated.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 23:59

As said before, you acn only find those in wrecks or when capping ships, no factory or sales in EQ.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 3. Dec 06, 02:18

Actually, I think there are about 20 'floating' around in pairs out there. Just takes hunting for them.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

stevo69

Post by stevo69 » Sun, 3. Dec 06, 07:08

hey is there like ia guild for this mob like to tell you how to do the mission as im stack were you have to find that guy with the blue prints for your HQ were you have to go to the 2 unknow sectors atfer maelstrom.

like i went there were it say that he went west of mealstrom and then south to a other unknow secotr but what am i looking for anyway like could somone give me some hints plz.

zore
x3

Post by zore » Sun, 3. Dec 06, 14:08

I can't find any of those but I have found a bunch of things called sting. I did a quick search but didn't find anything.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 3. Dec 06, 14:37

The crates with the CIG's are like all other 'hidden' crates. You need to be within 100m to detect them. Though, I hear, if the Player deploys an Advanced Sat and there's one there, he'll detect it. :D

I accidentally found one near a Pirate Base while chasing a smuggler. :twisted:
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 3. Dec 06, 14:40

Jakesnake5 wrote:if the Player deploys an Advanced Sat and there's one there, he'll detect it.
Hmm, I already have AdvSats all over. No sightings. Not that it matters. I just follow big sails in the hope they throw some over board. And they do.

stratcross
x3

Post by stratcross » Tue, 5. Dec 06, 15:58

Hi all of u.
I'm new to X3 and therefore i want a tip of advice from those who want to help me.
I have installed X3 and 1.4.03 update too.
I want to install an update to 2.0.02 and a bonus pack 3.1.04.
What is better to do.
I'll apreciate any replays
10x in advance
8)
strat
Bulgaria, Shumen
Hi to all of you addicted to X3

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 5. Dec 06, 18:24

stratcross wrote:I want to install an update to 2.0.02 and a bonus pack 3.1.04.
What is better to do.
Both. Install the patch, then the bonus pack. Or the other way around. It appears not to matter much as they don't seem to touch each other's files.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

drdoom
x3

Post by drdoom » Tue, 5. Dec 06, 19:41

I also have this problem- I've gone from 1.4.03 to 2.02 and when I start x3, windows installer comes up. It asks to select source with the option of "1". I goo to browse and can't find the file it needs- X3 REUNION.msi. Any ideas?

Goon
x3

Post by Goon » Tue, 5. Dec 06, 19:59

I also have this problem- I've gone from 1.4.03 to 2.02 and when I start x3, windows installer comes up. It asks to select source with the option of "1". I goo to browse and can't find the file it needs- X3 REUNION.msi. Any ideas?
It means you have to insert disk 1....

It needs some of the orginal files to work on as part of the patch process...

stratcross
x3

Post by stratcross » Wed, 6. Dec 06, 08:13

Well!!!!
I don't have any of problems listed here.
just installed bonus pack and the patch and everything is just fine (hope so it will stay in that condition).
Now I'm continue to explore X3 universe.
Thank to those read my post and those repayed it.
Good luck everyone!!!!
strat
Bulgaria, Shumen
Hi to all of you addicted to X3

NightPrince
x3ap

Post by NightPrince » Wed, 6. Dec 06, 16:52

Well here we go again with this M7...
Does anyone know a good reason why i can't tow this guy through gates? I mean, i tried everything- entered the gate at low (10m/s) and high (80m/s) speed, straight through the gate, or at an agnle, tried entering at several distances to the M7 and yet nothing helped. The damn yacht just ends several kilometers away from the gate and sits idly there, while i wait for her on the other side. Any suggestions?
-"Hey, is your date invitation still valid?"
-"Well yes, sure. Why?"
-"I just wanted to refuse again."

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 6. Dec 06, 17:22

Tried autopilot?
[ external image ]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”