NEWS: X³ 2.0: Bala Gi Research Missions - download now!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bigtallgeezer
x4

It works at last!!!!

Post by bigtallgeezer » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 00:26

Whale oil beef oct........said very quickly with an Irish accent!!

Just updated on the off chance that I might be able to play at more than 3 frames a second......and it works!!! Wooohooooo, now I've got to learn all the commands again. One whole hour of basic gameplay and not one blip crash, delay or anything so far....great!

Thanks guys

cswiger
x3tc

Post by cswiger » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 00:58

Hi, all--

I'd taken a long break from X3, in part due to doing some remote consulting, but I am very happy to check back and see all kinds of goodies appear! I've played through long enough to get the PHQ, and thoroughly enjoyed the various Bala Gi missions.

I noticed that there seem to be a lot more pirates, and more pirate TS'es flying around. I also got my *M6* Centaur "ShadowJack" killed OOS by a Xenon patrol led by 2 x LX while it was patrolling Aladna Hill & Hatickvah's Faith...apparently, the new Xenon M3+ kicks butt OOS...?

Station announcements have been obviously changed with some randomized vocal content like different floor levels or docks; the mix sounds much more like a real-world airport, which is all to the good. More topical BBS missions, too.

I've found out where to buy the Argon & Paranid M3+s (Eclipse & Medusa?), but I haven't found where to buy the third M3+, which I think is supposed to be a Split Charon or something like that...? The Nova Raider may only have 50MJ of shielding now, but that Eclipse seems to come with 125MJ.

Sweet Kha'ak killer. Good against Pirates or Xenon, too. And that's not counting the M7. :-)

Anyhow, YAY EGOSOFT!
Do you remember Shalebridge Cradle?
Beware! The Cradle *doesn't* forget....

layton99
x3tc

Post by layton99 » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 06:15

Was about to post that I can't get it to work! But I read the bonus updateand realised I'd added my scripts after installing the bonus DOH no wonder nothing works properly!
Layton

For the SPLIT!

Riptide_NVN
x3

Back after update...

Post by Riptide_NVN » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 20:05

OK so I left off months ago. I have a fairly large empire (space fuel/weed complexes). I have an alpha flak array factory churning out weapons and also a single M2 Titan that is full outfitted w/BPPC and alpha flak.

I saw the new update came out and decided to get back into this. I got into the game last night and got familiarized again with the controls and also what I had going on when I left off.

My question is what should I do now? I've only played for about an hour and haven't got any comm messages coming in asking me to do anything. So I'm not sure where I need to start in order to get the new missions, get the M7, etc..

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 21:19

If I remember well, all you have to do is to fly around and have a good relation with Borons, paranid and splits (good enough to dock in their core sectors).
Well since you own an M2 means you passed the 10 hours requirement and complex means you have the minimum requirement of 1 station (unless complex doesn't count for, this in that case buy a single station 8) )

well that's all I can remember, just wait for your boron friends to contact you

Good luck :wink:
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

NightPrince
x3ap

Post by NightPrince » Sat, 25. Nov 06, 03:05

CBJ wrote:Do you have any mods installed? If so then the ship may be invisible and you need to remove the mods to see it.
Nope, this didn't work for me. I too couldn't find any ship although i flew around the entire sector and around each and every asteroid. I was running "Ash fabs 1.32" than read this reply, restarted in a "original" game, flew out and back in the sector and...still no ship. Fragged by pirates? Smashed in a roid? Eaten by a metal-thirsty space fly swarm?
-"Hey, is your date invitation still valid?"
-"Well yes, sure. Why?"
-"I just wanted to refuse again."

proph
x3

Post by proph » Sat, 25. Nov 06, 04:24

What about the "ship design schematics, Terran weapon systems and defence mechanisms" message you can find at the BBS? After paying for this are you supposed to do something in order to acces the data? I'm kind of lost with this. :gruebel:

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sat, 25. Nov 06, 04:48

Ever found any unknown objects as spoils of war when fighting pirates? You might find they are known objects after you've paid on that BBS message...

proph
x3

Post by proph » Sat, 25. Nov 06, 05:08

Ohhh, OK. That explains missiles and such having names now. I thought that was just part of 2.0. DUH. Thx :wink:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 25. Nov 06, 06:05

technically it is part of 2.0, coz the bbs message were added in 2.0 :P

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 25. Nov 06, 12:42

:lol: 1st Huuuge thx Ego, Xmas just came early for me :lol:

I just got back from sea, so havent had any time to play 2.0.0.2 and bonus pack 3.1.0.4 - installation was good (had to delete Xtended mod/scripts and start again though, but that gives me more updates to look forward to)

Has anyone noticed if the Auto pilot is any better, I remember mention that it may be addressed in the updates but havent seen any mention in this forum or the patch feature list ???
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Solfi
x3tc

Post by Solfi » Sat, 25. Nov 06, 15:04

Mudkest wrote:yay, new goodies :)

just curious, do you need to (re)install the bonuspack before or after patch? old topic about patch http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=159072 mentioned you need to make sure to update it
Player. wrote:You need to reinstall it before you apply this patch
So let's get this completely straight: If I have a clean install of X3 (version 1.0), and I want to use the 2.0.0.2 patch, and the Bonus Pack, I need to upgrade to 1.4, install the Bonus Pack (since it only works for 1.4 and onwards), and then upgrade to 2.0.0.2??

... just installing 2.0.0.2 and then applying the Bonus Pack won't work? Sounds wonky to me...
Player. wrote:I would like to note that the FAQ just got an update with questions about 2.0 if someone is confused please look there first
It does? All I see in the "Egosoft->Downloads" section of the FAQ is information about version 1.2 (and the Bonus Pack).

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 25. Nov 06, 15:14

Solfi wrote:So let's get this completely straight: If I have a clean install of X3 (version 1.0), and I want to use the 2.0.0.2 patch, and the Bonus Pack, I need to upgrade to 1.4, install the Bonus Pack (since it only works for 1.4 and onwards), and then upgrade to 2.0.0.2??
No! Install the patch(es) you need to update your game to 2.0.02 and then install the Bonus Pack.

Solfi
x3tc

Post by Solfi » Sat, 25. Nov 06, 15:16

Great. Thanks. Thought that sounded weird.

zore
x3

Post by zore » Sat, 25. Nov 06, 16:05

I have completed the missions and got my HQ set up and all was working fine for a while. I can no longer add products to the HQ. I can move them to my ships but can't move them too the station. Did a fresh install and installed 2.0.2 patch then new bonus pack. Any ideas would be helpful. It's hard to rule the univers with an iron fist if your war machine isn't running correctly :)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 25. Nov 06, 17:07

Has your HQ run out of space by any chance? It has a total space limit of 500,000 units of cargo.

zore
x3

Post by zore » Sat, 25. Nov 06, 17:09

CBJ wrote:Has your HQ run out of space by any chance? It has a total space limit of 500,000 units of cargo.
DING! Thanks. I hadn't even noticed.

T. C.
x4

Post by T. C. » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 01:36

softweir wrote:

This is almost certainly due to an incompatibility with a mod, or possibly a corrupt download. There are several mods which create new ships and use the slot EgoSoft has used for the yacht, thus causing it to be invisible and hard to tow.

There is only one solution to mod incompatibility, and that is to deactivate the mod and lose the additional ships it provides. You may or may not be able to use a savegame that has been affected by the mod, I can't help with that.

If you are absolutely certain you aren't using any mods then I suggest you re-download the 2.0.02 patch and see if that makes the yacht reappear. If you use the BitTorrent download then you can instruct the BitTorrent client to save over your existing download, and it will check the download and re-download only damaged portions of the file. You then need to reinstall the patch!

Hope this fixes it. If not, ask for more help in Technical Support.

Thanks for your help, you were correct about the ship mods. I deactivated them out and had to go back to a save before I installed them and it works. No problem with towing through the gate now.

Goon
x3

Post by Goon » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 20:47

Just want to post my thanks here to Egosoft for X3 and all its updates. This game has literally been a dream come true for me, having been a fan of the 'Elite' style games ever since I played it back on the BBC micro. I've spent many intrigued and fun filled hours engrossed in X3, I cannot think of any other game that I have had greater value from, than this.

OUTSTANDING WORK! 8)

In the words of Ali G... Big up yourselves Egosoft! :)

zooze
xr

Post by zooze » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 22:08

Goon wrote:Just want to post my thanks here to Egosoft for X3 and all its updates. This game has literally been a dream come true for me, having been a fan of the 'Elite' style games ever since I played it back on the BBC micro. I've spent many intrigued and fun filled hours engrossed in X3, I cannot think of any other game that I have had greater value from, than this.

OUTSTANDING WORK! 8)

In the words of Ali G... Big up yourselves Egosoft! :)
And I for one certainly second that :)

Zoozer

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”