X2 messed up graphics

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Deleted User

X2 messed up graphics

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 30. Nov 03, 00:29

In the cutscenes, often characters will have massive lines coming out of them, similar to http://home.houston.rr.com/bjohnston4/kotor.jpg (thats from a different game but the effect is the same). My graphics card is a radeon 9700 pro which has never been overclocked. I tried underclocking it to see if it was a heat issue, but the same problems were there. This doesn't happen in any other games for me. Does anyone have any suggestions?
P4 3.3Ghz 1gb RAM

SOLUTION: I turned off fast write in the ATi control panel. No more problems. It'd be nice to be able to keep fastwrite on, though.... :(

Gary Bolton

Post by Gary Bolton » Sun, 30. Nov 03, 02:47

FAST WRITE can only be used if your motherboard supports it with the ATI graphics card driver. But even if your motherboard does support the FAST WRITE feature. It's recormended that you disable it in your motherboards BOIS settings, because it pretty unstable anyway at the best of times.

Most motherboards that can use it like my Gigabyte motherboard here for example, comes with that feature disabled in the BOIS settings by default, because of the instabilty problems it can cause. And is there as a custom feature to use at your own risk. But it's not enabled by default om my motherboard, and my motherboard manual tells me it can cause instabilty problems when enabled.

Other people having problems with the games graphics, should check the ATI driver settings to see if it shows FAST WRITE as enabled. If it does, go into your motherboard BOIS settings and disable it. Then reset the ATI driver to now show FAST WRITE as disabled after your asked to reboot your computer. And the new settings take effect automaicly in the ATI control panel.

That may solve your problems with graphics in the game!
DELETE MY ACCOUNT!!!

TEKing116
x2

Post by TEKing116 » Mon, 1. Dec 03, 19:55

Gary, have to say I agree with you on Fast Write causing problems.
I have it turned off on my MOBO as well. When I first setup this system I enabled it and was getting alot of crashes. Problem went away when I disabled it.
P4 3GHz (Prescott - 1Mb L2 Cache)
Intel D875PBZ MOBO
1.5 Gig of PC3200 DDR (Kingston)
GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
Cyborg EVO Force USB

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”