[SCRIPT] Yaki Stations V2.21 UPDATE 01/11/07

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What do you think

Finally, I can buy those Yaki Ships
75%
What's a Yaki?
19%
Why would I want any of THEIR things?
6%

Total votes: 68

Jakesnake5
x4

[SCRIPT] Yaki Stations V2.21 UPDATE 01/11/07

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 18:24

Yaki.

A word that strikes fear in even the most weathered spacer.

They roam the space lanes, attacking seemingly at random. Looting cargo, and capturing ships. Ships which they later refit.

The Yaki, however, had a bigger plan. To acquire ships that did not come to them in a damaged state, which was often.

During a daring attack in Split Fire, a large group of Yaki fighters managed to disable an Argon Mammoth. The capture of such a ship was occasion for much rejoycing. They managed to repair its JumpDrive, and returned with it to their home system past Savage spur.

During the frantic period of repairing the JumpDrive, nobody even considered checking if the TL had a load. Imagine their supprise, when they discovered the Mammoth was carring 2 station kits: An Argon Shipyard and an Argon Equipment Dock.

The Yaki, thrilled with this find, set up the 2 stations in their secret sector. And after stealing plans for the ships they used to capture, started constructing them at the ShipYard.

Now, not only were they able to build ships, but repair them as well. This greatly improved their deadlyness.

Not very long after, they managed to acquire other plans, through daring raids. These plans allowed them to build stations at the Shipyard. Primarily the Disruptor Missile fab, and the Hurricane Missile fab. They even managed to capture a rare Xenon cargo ship, which had plans for the fabled Xenon Power Stations in its memory banks.

Those that are able to find the hidden sector, and have not angered the Yaki, will be able to purchase these stations, and their ships.

This script is distributed in Cycrow's Script Manager format. So it won't interfere with any mods.

This mod only works with X3 2.0.

Yaki Stations

2.21 - Added another station to ShipYard
- Pleasure Complex (Slaves)

2.20 - Nailed Multiple station bug. Extra stations will be removed with this update
- Added several 'questional' stations to the Shipyard.
- Bliss Place M&L
- SpaceFuel M&L
- Dream Farm M&L
- Squash Mine Fab
- SpaceFly Farm

2.11 - Attempting to locate multiple station spawn bug

2.10 - Added Hurricane and Disruptor missiles to EQ wares list
- Added Yaki TL (Mobile Pirate Station) to SY
- Added Pirate Ship (TS) to SY
- Updated scripts and added 'Undock' library

2.01 - Minor optimization of code installing equipment.

2.00 - Corrected resource adjustment for Disruptor Fab to include a missing Resource.
Last edited by Jakesnake5 on Mon, 16. Jun 14, 05:29, edited 13 times in total.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 22:02

Nice one Jake :thumb_up: spares me to script a Disruptor Forge and gives quite a bonus on top.

Cheers Euclid

Jakesnake5
x4

[SCRIPT] Yaki Stations (11-18-06) Update

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 07:15

Updated to fix missing Resource for Disruptor Missile fab.
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

alexdefelice
x4

Post by alexdefelice » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 07:31

COOL! What do the Xenon power stations do?

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 08:00

Xenon power stations never needed crystals to make power, its been something people have wanted for ages, i just hope that the stations are the original xenon power station design though lol
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

alexdefelice
x4

Post by alexdefelice » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 08:50

Sweet. If they work are you going to set the price accordingly?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 14:28

Unfortunately, they do use crystals

And even though its a SPP M, it uses the model for a SPP L. Besides the model, the stats are the same for a SPP M in resource and product.

I can create a script that will remove the crystal requirement, if there is enough interest.
[ external image ]

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 15:54

of course there will be interest lol because no one likes the computer cheating by not really needing crystals, at least xenon ones never made the pretense they did lol

only xenon station i want is a xenon trading dock lolive always like the xenon station shape
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

alexdefelice
x4

Post by alexdefelice » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 17:56

Dude that would be awesome. But it would have to cost at least as much as setting up a loop for the same thing. Maybe a little more for the convenience factor.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 18:47

Hi Jakesnake5: You said that this script only works with 2.0. Also with 2.02?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 19:31

It only works with 2.0.x because of the need for one of the added sectors. Which is why I didn't release it before 2.0 went live. :D

There is a script, Crystal Free SPP by Serial Kicked you can use. (saves me from writing one :D)

Costs 5mil per station to remove the 'crystal' requirement.
[ external image ]

alexdefelice
x4

Post by alexdefelice » Sun, 19. Nov 06, 00:24

Cool I'm using that script now but i changed it to 30mil. I alittle more than the cost of setting up a crystal loop for xl spp. Why do people have drive to 'fight fair' in videogames? I have no idea. :?

Jakesnake5
x4

[SCRIPT] Yaki Stations V2

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 22:43

Corrected Disruptor Missile Fab to add missing resource.
[ external image ]

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 09:50

Does this work seamlessly with YAKI ARMADA by Serial Kicked ?
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 11:53

Should, all it is is a few script, and no command/ware slot requirements.
[ external image ]

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Tue, 28. Nov 06, 01:59

Re: Working with SK's YA plugin:
my understanding is the plugin looks for a Yaki-owned SY at startup..then stocks it with Yaki ships, that the plugin 'purchases' for use in its ops.

Don't know if player Yaki, buys unlocked Yaki ships there or not.

Good job Jake!

Cheers,

Hieronymos

Parazac
x4

Post by Parazac » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 01:33

silly question time:

Q. Is this supposed to spawn a yaki shipyard or other stations in Senators Badlands or the other Yaki sector to the north?

I have the below scripts installed, and so far after i installed yours nothing has happened. what am i doing wrong? is there a script or something i have to manualy run to start it all off?

Community Extended Mod Pack v2.01
Freight Transporter Upgrade v1.2
Increased Visibillity 30k v2.0.2
Litcube's Kha'ak Invasions v0.6
Nividium Mines v1.00
Race Response Fleets v1.5a
Salvage Claim Software v1.05
Scrap Ship at HQ v1.20
Treasurehunt v1.3
Xenon Migration v1.31
"Yaki and Missiles v2"

edit:

ok, something else is going on here as now the Freight Transporter Upgrade has vanished from the Boron EQ.

Litcube's Kha'ak Invasions v0.6
Nividium Mines v1.00
Race Response Fleets v1.5a
Treasurehunt v1.3
Xenon Migration v1.31

are the new scripts i have installed just before yours, i know the others i had work fine together. guess its time to wipe the X3 folders and put my clean backup in and install and test one at a time, something is conflicting here, lol

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 03:07

Not conflicting with my scripts. They just create a Yaki owned ShipYard and EQ Dock (at random locations) in Senators, sets the stocks of both, and watches for if/when the player deploys a Disruptor Fab, and sets the resources.

I use no Command or Ware slots, so nothing could interfere.

As I use a subset of Ashley's Fabs scripts (duly renamed to not conflict), it should work fine.

Missing wares from other scripts can't occure with my script. :o
[ external image ]

Parazac
x4

Post by Parazac » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 03:17

i found the Yaki EQ, it was there all the time but had spawned off the default map zoom level so i had to zoom the map out and fly around for a bit. didnt see the SY but im guessing its there somewhere, any chance you could maybe restrict the area in which they are spawned? for now i will just keep loading a save game and then save it once they are somewhere i like the look of, hehe

by the way, very nice script been wanting to get my hands on some Yaki ships for ages :D

and i have a feeling the tranpsorter ware vanishing is something else than a script conflict, seems its there on a new game but not in any of my saved games like it was before.

edit:
ok its confirmed, for some reason the transporter ware does not always work in an existing game so thank god its not a conflict with any scripts i am using. now i can run all the other scripts i like to use with your excellent one as the iceing on the cake, hehe

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 10:08

The stations are not meant to be easy to find all the time. I did restrict them to the 'southern' part of the sector, and limited the Y (up/down) axis variation that's allowed.
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”