Should X be Multiplayer? (Poll) I wan't to make egosoft see how many people want this

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Should X be multiplayer?

Yes
39%
No
61%

Total votes: 240

blazer1121

Should X be Multiplayer? (Poll) I wan't to make egosoft see how many people want this

Post by blazer1121 » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 07:04

Do you want X to be multiplayer?

But don't take anything about how hard it would be, money, etc into consideration.. JUST "do you want it multiplayer?"

That's it, simple isn't it?

Hopefully egosoft'll see the results and act acordingly. :)

Well it looks like I can't modify the poll, but yes, what I meant was, a choice between LAN and Internet, or single player.
Last edited by blazer1121 on Tue, 7. Nov 06, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.

sneakey pete

Post by sneakey pete » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 07:05

Yes, i wan't to share my universe with noobs yelling 'free cred's plz!!111one' ect., then be killed by some vet with a battleship for no reason at all.

SmEh

Post by SmEh » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 07:14

I'd prefer that it stay single player. I just don't want to have to deal with idiots in a game as complicated as X3.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2 GHz
2 GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 @ 4-4-4-12
MSI K9N Platinum Socket AM2 Nforce 570 mobo
EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS
Western Digital Caviar 250 GB HDD

"This machine isn't worth the gold it's made of"- Hubert Farnsworth

Marijn
x3tc

Post by Marijn » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 07:21

i'm not really a fan of multiplayer thing. Sure it's a fun addon but i think the game should be singleplayer first.
For me X plays like a book, i can pick it up when i've got time and put it down when i'm busy. No need to keep logging in to keep my ships or keep my skill.

Wip3out (Bru)
xr

Post by Wip3out (Bru) » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 07:47

He means multiplayer like at a LAN. Not Online.
This way only you and your friends have to play.

@blazer1121
Edit the poll and say specific if you want it lan-able or online. I definitely want it lan-able (Me blowes up my friends! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ) but not online.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 08:07

Hopefully egosoft'll see the results and act acordingly
Yes [1]
No [5]
Hopefully.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 08:38

You want multiplayer? Go play EVE Online. :roll:

Multiplayer X3/4. YUCK!! :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

sneakey pete

Post by sneakey pete » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 08:43

the entire X series just isn't somethign that you make online. why? because we can't have everyone owning stations easily on an online game where you could easily destroy a station. I mean, what would be to stop me from getting a M2 and just blowing the liveing c**p out of a bunch of newbie's stations?
How to fix that kinda thing? make it all tightly controled and stuff like in EVE. Now, what i really like are games where you can do what ever you wan't (i'm talking about online games) where there's no restrictions on what you can do or who you can attack. None of this crap that insures you can't really loose anything if you ever get attacked.
Nanook wrote:You want multiplayer? Go play EVE Online. :roll:
or infinity infinity [/plug]

Llothlian
x3tc

Post by Llothlian » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 09:14

An X MMO may work, but I doubt it. I would much rather them work on single player than multi player. Voted a big NO.

BDStyle
x3tc

Post by BDStyle » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 10:01

stick to single player :) I play enough mmporgs with whiners and i come to x3 to get my lone space cowboy kicks :)

domin-X
x3tc

Post by domin-X » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 10:06

If multiplayer was incorporated with the X series it would slow the game down far too much and no one would fly anything other than the M5 class ship... imagine trying to cross a large and busy sector at 40m/s... with no SETA!!!

Nightmare.

Games with no time distortion would work fine and i am usually all up for playing against real intelligence (rather than Artificial Idiots) but i simply wouldnt play a game where it could take 40 mins just to cross one sector with the chance of gettin blown up and not being able to load from a previous save, or when your retarded freighters take an unscheduled detour through hostile sectors without you knowing it.

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 10:08

Single player only please.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Etolf
x3tc

Re: Should X be Multiplayer? (Poll) I wan't to make egosoft see how many people want this

Post by Etolf » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 10:37

blazer1121 wrote:
Hopefully egosoft'll see the results and act acordingly. :)
agreed... it's rather overwhelming isn't it? (at time of this posting 19-1 for single player only)

Remodrumking
x3

Post by Remodrumking » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 10:58

X3/X4 online would be just as annoying as any other MMO, they'd be some guy who always beats down on you. Lol. :cry:

I used to play EVE online, it was just loads of people trying to score free stuff. Take it from me, X3 is waaaaay better off on single player.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Should X be Multiplayer? (Poll) I wan't to make egosoft see how many people want

Post by CBJ » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 11:20

blazer1121 wrote:Hopefully egosoft'll see the results and act acordingly.
As has been explained any number of times, it has never been a question of whether people want multiplayer or not. The issue has always been about about the time and cost of development, and finding a backer prepared to put that kind of money up front. I very much doubt that Egosoft would abandon the players who want to play single-player games in the X-Universe anyway, but voting on it isn't going to change anything at all.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 12:28

BlackRazor wrote:Single player only please.
Indeed, too many gameplay/enginge changes are required in order to make it even function with a 2-person co-op.

Single player, ta.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Zorasht
x3tc

Post by Zorasht » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 13:06

For me X series are like The elder of scrolls series, they are awsome in single player, but I do not see the point of multiplayer here.
I prefer Egosoft to put its efforts on making the actual game system better that "wasting" time on redoing it for multiplayer

Risky
xr

Post by Risky » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 13:18

Very pleasing poll results. X3 is a fine single player game, I want to be able to hit pause when the phone rings or whatever and certainly don't want the idiots and the rest of baggage that comes with internet gaming.

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 13:26

Just to be clear.

When you look around other communities you see the sort of idiots talked about in this thread. But if you look around the X community you will find we have a better class of idiot thats not as annoying as people like to believe in threads like this.

In fact most X players are fair minded, nice types. Unlike other games that are dominated by the console brigade that demand cheats in multiplayer and look out for opertunities to ruin your day.

Also believe it or not, when you play these games online with others, most people have no interest in finding your ship and killing you. Your just not that important to them.

Sorry to burst anybodies bubble here but theres an inflated sense of importance in post alarmists posts here. The important point to make is your a nobody in these types of games until you make your self a somebody and by then you should be able to defend your self easily.

Besides, theres a large group of traders here that have formed or once formed an alliance for protective reasons (in case XOU ever appeared) that are also better than most in a fighter too.

Me included.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 13:28

As the OP states, let's hope ES reacts according to the poll... :P

I'm not much of a MP gamer, i'm more SP focussed!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”