[Bonus Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

fiktik
x3tc

Post by fiktik » Thu, 26. Oct 06, 22:41

Oh you're right, setting homebase sorted it out. Thanks alot!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 27. Oct 06, 08:45

After a sleep, I would have suggested a homebase too. It may only be necessary for the price=0 situation. That is "Load"/"Unload", while any other price is "Buy"/"Sell".

Chieftonw
x3ap

Not using TL

Post by Chieftonw » Mon, 20. Nov 06, 23:23

I am having the same problem mentioned earlier, although no resolution appears to have been posted. Basically I have a MK2 (Courier rank, from Herron). I have set it up to pickup wares from my complex and unload them at a TL in the same system. It has all the required upgrades, as well as the transporter device. However it just loads the wares and goes in to stand-by. After that it just sits at the station doing nothing, although it looks like it will load more wares over time. It just never unloads them at the TL. Is there something I am missing or should check to fix this problem?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 21. Nov 06, 08:49

Actually, there is a minor bug. I had the same problem, TS (CLS Mk1), Herron, and TL. So I contacted Lucike and sent him my savegame. But my TS had no Transporter Device. :oops:

However, apart from revealing how sloppy I am, Lucike spotted the bug. Both CLS1 and CLS2 use the same piece of code, so they share the transporter implementation and the bug:

The transportation works only if the player ship is in the sector.

Lucike has already fixed it for the unsigned (development) version, but naturally the signed version has to wait until the next version of the bonuspack is ready. There are changes due to 2.0, other fixes, and translation of some new stuff that all hold the next release.

My workaround to this bug is to use Teladi Falcon Haulers. They can dock into the TL.

Chieftonw
x3ap

Thanks for the idea

Post by Chieftonw » Tue, 21. Nov 06, 09:33

Thanks for getting back to me. That explains both of my problems. I had originally tried the MK1 for my needs, but since it did not work I used the MK2. I will have to try the falcon, which should meet my needs. Thanks for the idea.

I was wondering if there a drop all wares command with the MK2? I am collecting several wares from my stations and would like to just dump them all in to my TL. But I am having to issue an unload of each item one by one.

BTW, I really wanted to thank you for these great scripts. They have made the game a lot more fun and effecient. When I first started playing X3, I almost was pulling my hair out trying to using the in-game transports.

jlehtone
x4

Re: Thanks for the idea

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 21. Nov 06, 09:55

Chieftonw wrote:I was wondering if there a drop all wares command with the MK2?
No, there is not. One has to add separate waypoints for each ware. But one can have all load waypoints at the complex and then all unload waypoints at the TL. That way the ship flies less. Naturally, Falcon can haul only a limited amount. Therefore, CLS M1 is better in that use. It chooses what to haul and "dumps all" at the destination.

DeoLanDee
x3

Post by DeoLanDee » Sat, 25. Nov 06, 15:36

so its not possible to get your ships to make runs between your own stations :/?

- atleast I have tons of problems with it, as till now ive only got 2 of my ships to run between my own stations collecting wares, though the rest im trying to set up just wont move out of the place, they keep being on standby :/

dazzoefc77
x3

Post by dazzoefc77 » Wed, 13. Dec 06, 19:40

First of all the package is great, the community has done itself proud.

Now for my problem. Using the External Commodities Mk 2 to collect Silicon from Mines of Fortune. And deliver to my HQ in Elisium.

1 Buy 700 silicion @ 450cr from Roid Alpha in Mines of Fortune
2 Sell 700 silicon @ 500cr to HQ in Elisium
3 Buy 700 silicon @ 450cr from Roid Bravo in Mines of Fortune
4 Sell 700 silicon @ 500cr to HQ in Elisium.

NOw i have already trained him up with minor jobs in Elisium so he is now jump capable (Freight pilot 1) and fully kitted out including e cells.

He will jump to point 1 from Elisium collect his silica and then fly home the long way (through Xenon sector 472) Should he not jump back to Elisium as he does have enough fuel? Or is he taking advantage of getting payed by the mizura. IS there a limit to how many jumps can be made in a tour?

Any one else having this problem? Is there anything i can do?
No silly Teladi i dont lose profit, I get your ship

UnderLord
x3tc

Post by UnderLord » Thu, 14. Dec 06, 15:04

I seem ot be having a bad problem none of my MK2 people want to trade i set the price for them to buy 5000 e-cells but they won't do anything! i cannot figure this damn thing out can someone break it down for me.....if i tell them to buy 5000 e-cells set a home base it says

"Buying 5000 e-cells" (from homebase) even though i want it to buy from a diffrent point and then if i tell it to drop off 5000 e-cells it gives me the bad beep and if i reverse it....it dosnt work.....

Reverse it means if i set it to buy (or attempt to) from the power plant and to drop it off at the homebase it gives me the bad beep.....s ono matter hwta i do the damn trader dosnt want to work....
Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
AMD Phenom II X2 550 @ 3100 MHz
4 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SE

Mobuj
x3tc

Post by Mobuj » Fri, 15. Dec 06, 23:08

dazzoefc77
As far as I know, for the mk2 software, you have to spell out everything. The pilot will not refuel on his own. You program all actions. You also have to tell him to evade enemy attacks when they happen as I recall.

BTW, why do you use the price option, bookkeeping?
---------------------------
I am Popeye of Borg
You will be askimilated!

dazzoefc77
x3

Post by dazzoefc77 » Sun, 17. Dec 06, 16:19

Okay thx, not sure how to tell him to buy jump fuel as he already had ecells, but i'll look into that. I have worked around it anyway, those roids now form part of complexes for quantum tubes and satellites for sale up north. I took the silica roids in Black Hole Sun to supply Elisuim.

The pricing is there to keep the silicon roids in the green without me having to provide top up money, the said silicon will be sold to my own fabs for 550 by another dude. This helps me keep my HQ in the green and capable of buying in those accessories i dont yet have fabs for.

Should also cover the wages of my overpaid freight pilots.

dazzoefc77
x3

Post by dazzoefc77 » Sun, 17. Dec 06, 16:19

Spooky double post

DutchJuggernaut
x3

Post by DutchJuggernaut » Tue, 6. Feb 07, 22:06

Well i can't get this to work. No idea what i'm doing wrong as i tried just about everything in this thread 15x over.

All i want is my fully equipped TS to buy ECells from my own XL SPP (using money from my complex) and than dropping them off at my complex. Rinse and repeat.

All i can get out of this is the ship going to the SPP, loading the ECells using the funds from the complex, flying to the complex, and than it loads more ECells from the complex it's supposed to deliver them to. Either that or it buys from the compex and sells to the SPP :evil:

How do i get it to load and unload at the right stations?
And secondly, how do i clear it of all commands, because right now i'm reloading (and crashing to desktop) constantly to restart.

This would be so much easier if this mod clearly said what you are programming rather than leaving you guessing as to what you are, and have previously programmed. All the destriptions say is "modus" which is about as helpfull as... well no destription at all. It really needs to say "buying from" >>> select sector and station, and than "selling to >>> select sector and station". So unless one is using pen and paper to write down everything, you end up editting the wrong route or command, or even adding one which isn't needed.

Basically a lot of difficult work to get something very simple going. This mod is a nice idea, but far from user friendly unless you are a scripter/programmer yourself.

Big Bad Orca
x4

Post by Big Bad Orca » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 15:38

Butch Coolidge wrote:Hi guys.

I think I found a bug/feature in the CLS MK2 scripts released with the bonus package. It can be quite devastating for the economy in X3.

As everybody knows you can sell weapons to Equipment Docks that are not stocked at the ED. You can even sell as many as you want. But you can do it only manually!
With this script you can do it automatically. So there is no one stopping me from building 20.000 weapon factories and sell all the weapons to those EDs that haven't stocked the weapons. This way you don't have to consider if there is a market for your products anymore.
Of course the same was possible without any scripts in X3 but at least you would have had to command the traders yourself.

I have always been searching to find a feature like this. Now I can sell all weapons produced in the universe through my Trading Station Network keeping the X3 economy in peek shape.

Is this a bug or a feature?
If this is discussed somewhere else already just ignore/redirect me, thank you.
Has this bug or feature been removed in the latest bonus pack??

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 23:29

A few ?s :)

1) If the pilot is set to purchase Up To 300 units, does this mean if there are 200 units available, he will purchase them and go?

2) Does he follow the EXACT sequence of stations that you programmed in? e.g. If I program #1 SPP, then #2 Crystal Fab1 and #3 Silicone mine, will he only go to 1, 2, then 3 and back to 1 again? Or will he go to who is selling what at the price I set and sell it at the price I set?

3) If he ONLY goes in the exact sequence I programmed, is there a mod where I can tell the pilot to only trade between the stations I have selected regardless of the order?

4) My pilot sold ALL his ecells at a crystal station. He purchased some more to jump to the next station, but he only purchased enough to get there. When he jumped 10 sectors away, he bought his wafers, and is now on his long journey through 10 sectors. I can I make it so that he always has a constant supply of ecells? I currently have him set to put Up To (105000) wafers but the computer lowered it to 277 since it is what it would fit.

5) If I set it to only purchase 200 wafers, will he then leave himself enough ecells to jump around?

My pilot is already a freighter pilot.

Clar17y

Post by Clar17y » Fri, 23. Feb 07, 05:20

Big Bad Orca wrote:
Butch Coolidge wrote:Hi guys.

I think I found a bug/feature in the CLS MK2 scripts released with the bonus package. It can be quite devastating for the economy in X3.

As everybody knows you can sell weapons to Equipment Docks that are not stocked at the ED. You can even sell as many as you want. But you can do it only manually!
With this script you can do it automatically. So there is no one stopping me from building 20.000 weapon factories and sell all the weapons to those EDs that haven't stocked the weapons. This way you don't have to consider if there is a market for your products anymore.
Of course the same was possible without any scripts in X3 but at least you would have had to command the traders yourself.

I have always been searching to find a feature like this. Now I can sell all weapons produced in the universe through my Trading Station Network keeping the X3 economy in peek shape.

Is this a bug or a feature?
If this is discussed somewhere else already just ignore/redirect me, thank you.
Has this bug or feature been removed in the latest bonus pack??
Hey, i too have wondered the same thing!
As the bonus pack seemed to have so many nice features i thought i'd give it a go and then try and do this.

Basically i set up a huge complex in Antigone Memorial (i already had it before the pack), that sells weapons and shields. It sells mostly shield however i seem to make too many AIRC/BIRC to sell them all to the public without me having ships go off and sell them.
So i bought discoverers to go "Best Sell" within around 15 jumps, as they are nice and fast and AIRC's only weigh 1 each (S) cargo anyway.

After reading on another thread that you can sell weapons infinitely to any EQ that doesn't stock them, i thought i'd try it out with this bonus pack commodity thing. First getting the pilots is a pain unless you read the hint carefully (i.e. activate the software at Heron's Nebula), secondly it just doesn't work on this pack.

After a huge pain of figuring out exactly what number to put in which command menu it brings up (also takes a while), and realising you need Assistant Couriers to deliver to EQ's i decided to set up a run:

Collect and sell AIRC's in Antigone Memorial:
Command Console -> Trade -> Start External Commodity Logistics
Command Connsole -> Additional Ship Commands -> Add/change Inter. Stops:

{0} {Player owned complex in Antigone Memorial} {Player owned complex in Antigone Memorial} {Alpha Impulse Ray Immiter} {0} {50}

This command picks up 50 from my player owned complex in Antigone Memorial and makes a nice little beep at me.
Onto next command:

{0} {Argon Equipment Dock} {Player owned complex in Antigone Memorial} {Alpha Impulse Ray Immiter} {3116} {-50}

Technically this should then tell it to go to the EQ and then sell the AIRC's for average price... It doesn't. It just makes a bad beep and stays on stand by.

So, am i doing something wrong? Or is this actually because they changed it in the patch? It kinda makes sense that it wouldn't work because they don't appear on the list of things sold, although someone in this thread suggested it so i believed it possible.

Onto my next question, is there a script anywhere that will allow me to do this? I need to know before i start being a megacomplex in the Ore Belt selling Tractor Beams (most credits/hour)...

Clar

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 23. Feb 07, 09:48

@Big Bad Orca: You may notice that Butch wrote his comment on Wed, 13. Sep 06. There was a bug, and it has been fixed.
Spoiler
Show
Station Manager still has the same bug (and can sell from player Trading Station). If, (hopefully) there will be a new bonuspack, and fixes already made for SM get included (they did not quite make it into 3.1.05) then you can expect even that exploit to vanish.
@Flybye:
1) Not sure. There is no "Up To N", there are "N more even if I have already zillion" and "what I now have and some to make N together". I have one CLS2 trading between NPC stations. It does sit waiting frequently. It may be the price or amount that it waits.

2) Since the worklist says "1, 2, 3", it does 1, 2, 3. All work done, it will start doing the list again (from 1).

3) Player stations? Then CLS1 could be it, sort of. NPC stations? There might be some, at least in german forum. they won't be CLS2.

4&5) You specify how much the pilot buys and sells. And there is a separate instruction to buy fuel too. You have to count how much room the ship has, and what is left after each transaction. If you buy ECells from NPC and require low price, you do know that the NPC has enough ECells to sell.

Clar17y

Post by Clar17y » Fri, 23. Feb 07, 15:12

jlehtone wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Station Manager still has the same bug (and can sell from player Trading Station). If, (hopefully) there will be a new bonuspack, and fixes already made for SM get included (they did not quite make it into 3.1.05) then you can expect even that exploit to vanish.
Is this true?
Can you look at the way i coded my trader and see what i did wrong? I don't think the 'bug' still exists?

Clar

Clar17y

Post by Clar17y » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 19:36

I apologise to post twice in a row, however i have a question and want it answered so a bump is necessary lol.

In the ore belt there are 87 asteroids, i have managed to link together every single one into one huge complex hub (that requires 5 XL SPP's to run lol...).
What i was planning to do, mainly, was to build a few space fuel/weed places (10-20 of each), then start churning out weaponry that can't be bought in Argon EQ's (i.e. i can sell them there)

After a lot of looking around the numbers on the factory complex calculator, it seems tractor beam factories make the most money per hour. Therefore i was going to build the few factories needed to equip capital ships i buy, and then build 60-100 tractor beam factories to use the ore and get the most money out of it.
However i have run into a problem... The commodity software doesn't allow you to make runs between your hubs and EQ's anymore (AFAIK, check above post to check my inputs).

Therefore, is it even worth bothering? Should i just build more space fuel/weed until it isn't bought anymore, then just build a complex to supply my capital ships and waste all that ore/silicon? I *could* assign it a TS and then make runs myself, the problem there is that it's effort lol

I'd make 33-38 an hour with a max supply of 1100-1280. That means i'd only have to make the run every 33 hours, but i'd be selling 1000+ tractor beams 2 at a time... If i could get it automated it'd be a *lot* easier.
So anyone know how to do it? =/

Cheers,
Clar

Mobuj
x3tc

Post by Mobuj » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 21:35

Clar17y
Don't forget that 'apprentice' freighter pilots only buy resources. Train them up and they can start going to EQ docks, trading stations and the PHQ.

87 asteroids?, how about posting some pics of this monster complex.
---------------------------
I am Popeye of Borg
You will be askimilated!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”