Script: Group Management System
Author: Xai Corporation
- The Group Management System allows you to quickly define a group from a collection of ships in the same location. You can define a Group Name, a Group Number and you can limit the selection to a specific number and class of ship.
In addition to quickly defining groups the GMS also provides a mechanism for automatically refueling and rearming as well as a mechanism for keeping ships in the group if they lose their command for some reason.
1. Setup Group
- this command allows you to define the group
- the ship you run this command on will be the group leader
- you can set the name and number of the group,
- entering nothing for the name will use the existing group name
- you select the number, and type of ships to add to the group.
- by default, ships added to the group will be given the command to protect the leader
- ships will take the leader's homebase as their own
2. This Group: Attack Leader's Target
- this command allows you to set some or all ships in the group to the command __attack target of...leader__
- you can select how many ships should ''not'' be set to attack their leader's target
3. Group Management System
- this command allows the ships to be have as group members
- it makes sure the group stays together, by giving the order to protect the leader if this ship has nothing else to do.
- it handles the automatic resupply of energy for jumpdrives, missile and ammo, when docked at stations that sell the supplies.
The ''Group Management System'' Command is what performs the group maintenance such as refueling or restating ships to follow their leader. It is automatically started when you create the group with the ''Setup Group'' command, but can be shut down and restarted when ever necessary.