esd's X² guide to loops

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Sun, 8. Oct 06, 14:24

Roenie wrote:Good stuff.

Here's my guide on loops:
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=73990

A lot bigger, but uses a similar way of explaining things...using images!
Flowcharts just make it very easy to follow, I find. Your's is definitely more indepth, but I was trying not to intimidate the "loop newbie" too much :)

Took you a while to notice this though, didn't it? Normally I'd lock such a hefty ressurection, but it's a guide, so I won't.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Roenie
x3tc

Post by Roenie » Sun, 8. Oct 06, 14:29

I think it's a good idea to have the link here, for those who have read your guide and want to go more in-depth.

But:
Oops, sorry. I got here through the search page and neglected to check the date of the last post.
I claim this planet in the name of Ed, bringer of bacon.
Roenie's Guide to Open and Closed Loops (X2)

geoi
x3

Post by geoi » Sat, 28. Oct 06, 18:49

I got this problem whit my Solar loop. I have created it a long time ago but the problem is that i cant get the commodity logistics to transport CRYSTALS to Solar it just wont start the command so i have to do it manually always. Any ideas?

DJ Wolf

Post by DJ Wolf » Mon, 30. Oct 06, 11:51

X2: Is there any way to get one freighter with it's homebase in one sector to get a resource from a particular station two sectors away? I don't want this freighter to shop around so I don't want to increase the 'jumps' on the homebase station from 0 to 2. This would affect the other freighters and resource buying and would cause ships to go everywhere.

I know I can do it once by selecting an 'owned' freighter and selecting 'Trade' followed by 'Buy wares...' instead of 'Buy for Best Price' but it only runs once and must be done manually each time. What I want is for this freighter to only run between 2 particular stations constantly without me having to key in each pick up. Can it be done, and, if so, how?

(If it involves these plug-ins that I have been unable to fathom, can you give me the keystrokes or the script?)

Thanks

PS. It's a fix for a closed loop that ran out of resources and needs ore from a great ore mine two sectors away.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 30. Oct 06, 13:10

geoi wrote:I got this problem whit my Solar loop. I have created it a long time ago but the problem is that i cant get the commodity logistics to transport CRYSTALS to Solar it just wont start the command so i have to do it manually always. Any ideas?
The CLS ship needs to be homebased at the Crystal Fab, and you need to set the SPP as one of it's customers. Once you've done that, as soon as the CF has sufficient stock the CLS ship will move out. If it's never gaining enough stock, that's because you're selling it before it hits the "trigger level" for the CLS.
X2: Is there any way to get one freighter with it's homebase in one sector to get a resource from a particular station two sectors away? I don't want this freighter to shop around so I don't want to increase the 'jumps' on the homebase station from 0 to 2. This would affect the other freighters and resource buying and would cause ships to go everywhere.

I know I can do it once by selecting an 'owned' freighter and selecting 'Trade' followed by 'Buy wares...' instead of 'Buy for Best Price' but it only runs once and must be done manually each time. What I want is for this freighter to only run between 2 particular stations constantly without me having to key in each pick up. Can it be done, and, if so, how?

(If it involves these plug-ins that I have been unable to fathom, can you give me the keystrokes or the script?)

Thanks
If that second mine's not your's, then no - not without a custom script. If the second mine is your's, just use a CLS ship from the mine.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Duncans_pumpkin
x3tc

Post by Duncans_pumpkin » Sat, 25. Nov 06, 11:03

sry for resurecting this but i have a closed loop going using the CLS but the TS i have which should move commodities from my Cahoona Bakery to my Crystal Fab just does not want to. It stays on logistics software on standby then it says orders none i set it up just like all the other ships i have and they all work. I even tried moving it to a different TS but still does the same thing. Currently ive resorted to using the sell best command but i dont want to use this.
*edit* forget it i worked out what was wrong i didnt realise the TS waits until there are over 300 somethiing product before it moves.

cody168

Missing img link

Post by cody168 » Mon, 12. Mar 07, 11:30

THE SINGLE ENERGY LOOP
This is the simplest enclosed loop, which leaves you with 50% of the Solar Power Plant's output to sell.

http://www.maxgaming.net/~esd/x2/singleloop.jpg

http://www.maxgaming.net/~esd/x2/singleloop2.jpg

Click to enlarge
Could you please update the image link?

Thank you!

dhouseholder
x3fl

thanks for the tip esd

Post by dhouseholder » Sun, 13. May 12, 19:34

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”