[Bonus Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

moggy2
x3ap

[Bonus Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK1

Post by moggy2 » Thu, 24. Aug 06, 20:25

Name: Commodity Logistics Software MK1
Version: 3.4.00
Date: 22.07.2006
Scripter: Lucike
  • Overview:

This software supports the pilot in coordinating his internal production logistics. It will collect orders of the different consumers inside your enterprise and coordinate those with chosen suppliers. Therefore it is possible to deliver the products from several suppliers of a single resource to different consumers.

The software was originally developed by an Argon software engineer and as such is being sold in every Argon Equipment Dock. It is also available in the Trading Station located in Herron's Nebula.

Consumers will generally be sorted and supplied according to the urgency with which they need the wares. Stations will only be considered for a delivery if they have less than 90% of the storage space filled. The same principle applies to your producers which will only be allowed to ship wares if their storage is filled by 10% or more. Said a different way, stations will not receive wares if they are almost full, and suppliers will not send out wares if they are almost empty.

Over time the pilot will learn to use this software more efficiently; nobody starts out as an expert. Additionally, he might participate in special training courses by utilizing his trading computer extension. Those training courses are offered in the pilot's homebase at specified time intervals.

Quickstart:

1. Equip a TS class transporter with navigational software MK1 and Commodity Logistics Software MK1
    2. Assign a homebase
    3. Choose the command "Add/remove products" from the Additional Ship Commands menu and select a product and a price
    4. Choose the command "Add/remove stations" from the Additional Ship Commands menu and select a number of stations
    5. Choose the command "Start internal commodity logistics"

Pilot qualifications:

Apprentice
    The apprentice is able to collect commodities from one supplier and to deliver those to up to three consumers (excluding equipment docks and trading stations). The apprentice is carrying out his probationary period in your enterprise and doesn't get a salary during this time.
    Auxiliary courier
    The auxiliary courier is able to collect commodities from up to two suppliers and deliver them to up to five consumers. Additionally, he will be able to deliver commodities to equipment docks and trading stations. The auxiliary courier gets a wage of 10 credits per mizura flown, paid after completing each trip.
    Courier
    The courier is able to collect commodities from up to three suppliers and deliver them to up to five consumers. Additionally, he will be able to supply TL class ships. He will equip his ship with more speed and agility, and fighter drones if they can be bought in the current sector. The courier gets a wage of 15 credits per mizura flown, payable upon completion of each trip.
    Freighter Pilot 2nd class
    The freighter pilot 2nd class is able to distribute commodities from five suppliers to ten consumers. He is also able to use modern jump drive technology to move around more quickly. The freighter pilot 2nd class is paid a wage of 30 credits per mizura flown, paid after each trip.
    Freighter pilot 1st class
    The freighter pilot 1st class is able to distribute commodities from five suppliers to ten consumers. Furthermore, he pays close attention to the commercial radio network and will not enter any sectors in which enemy ships have been reported. The freighter pilot 1st class is paid a wage of 35 credits per mizura flown, paid after each trip.
    Freighter pilot
    The freighter pilot is not restricted in the amount of suppliers or consumers. Furthermore, he will repair his ship on his own by visiting a shipyard if necessary. The freighter pilot is paid a wage of 40 credits per mizura flown, payable after each trip.

Equipment and Prerequisites:

- A small class ship (M5, M4, M3, TS, TP) or a ship of the corvette class (M6)
    - Commodity Logistics Software MK1
    - Navigation Command Software MK1
    - Boost Extension (optional: increases the jump energy reserve from 10% to 20% of maximum cargo)
    - Duplex- and Triplex-Scanner (optional: decreases the minimum jump range by one sector)
    - Cargo Scanner (optional: affects the collection-strategy)
    - Trading System Extension (optional: needed to participate in training courses)
    - Fight Command Software MK1 (optional: change the behaviour at contact with the enemy)
    - Jump drive (optional: can be utilized after a special training course)
    - Transporter Device (optional: if big ships like TL class transporters are chosen as a viable destination and the transporter may not dock at the ship)

Usage (Logistics for factories, equipment docks and TL class transporters):

The main command is started from the Trade Menu. The command "Start internal commodity logistics" is visible when you installed Commodity Logistics Software MK1 and navigational software MK1 in the ship and assigned a homebase.

The list of stations is maintained using the Additional Ship Commands menu. After choosing a number of stations or TL class ships with the command "Add/remove stations" the software will determine if it is a supplier or consumer. If the maximum number of stations is not yet reached a sound will be played as a confirmation, else you will see an error message.

If a station or TL transport is chosen that already exists in the current list of logistic destinations it will be removed from the list.

It doesn't matter in which order the consumers are being selected. The pilot is visiting consumers always in order of urgency. Only suppliers are visited in the order in which they were assigned to the software. If the ship is equipped with a cargo scanner, the suppliers are visited in order of resource availability. The stations are ordered alphabetically for the report.

If you choose your own homebase or the ship itself while configuring the destinations a report is generated containing an overview which stations are currently being flown to and which products are to be transported. You can clear the list completely by targetting any ship.

The list of products is also maintained with the Additional Ship Commands Menu. After choosing this command you have to select a commodity which is a product on the homebase. After that a second numerical input is required which determines the price at which the commodity is transferred. If you put in a value of "-1" the price of the target station itself will be used.

Special Notes:

Note: You can change the lists mid flight but the changes become effective only after finishing the current tour.

Special: On the initial start no commodity is allowed to be loaded on the ship, except installed weapons and shields, missiles of any type, combat drones and jump energy. If you deliver commodities to a tl class transporter no credits are being transferred. You can only select trading stations, equipment docks or tl class transporters as suppliers if they are set to be the homebase of the ship. No credits are being transferred in this case, too.

Jump Drive: If a jump drive is installed, the pilot will supply himself with energy from the homebase. He may buy energy from other sources, too, if he is not doing a chain supply tour. The pilot may jump to adjacent sectors if both scanner types (duplex/triplex) are installed. Normally a jump will only be done if the distance is at least one sector in between. Scanner range is not being enhanced.

Enemy contact: If the freighter has the Fight Command Software MK1, then the pilot may make his ship safer. He buys fight drones in the current sector and equip his ship with more speed and agility. If the experienced pilot has a jump drive, then he can venture into unsafe sectors.

Hint: If you buy the Commodity Logistics Software at the software producer's offices at the Free Argon Trading Station in Herron's Nebula, the producer tries to provide qualified personnel. If you start the software at the trading station you might get lucky and receive qualified pilots from the very beginning.

jlehtone
x4

Re: [Bonus Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK1

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 11:51

moggy2 wrote:Hint: If you buy the Commodity Logistics Software at the software producer's offices at the Free Argon Trading Station in Herron's Nebula, the producer tries to provide qualified personnel. If you start the software at the trading station you might get lucky and receive qualified pilots from the very beginning.
I just realized that if I'm not lucky, I have to build a "training ground". :roll:

I assume that the "Transfer Pilot" command works like in X2?

Lucike
x4

Re: [Bonus Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK1

Post by Lucike » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 12:32

jlehtone wrote:I assume that the "Transfer Pilot" command works like in X2?
Yes, this command works like in X2 for T-MK3, CAG ans CLS.

Greets
Lucike

kriscorrie

Commodity Logistics Mk1 Question

Post by kriscorrie » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 15:17

Hello,

Ok i finally got this script installed, and ive bought the new module for one of my Argon Mercurys.

I want it to ship Silicon from my Silicon Mine in Herrons Nebula to my SPPXL Complex.

So ive.....

1) set its Homebase to the Silicon Mine
2) Added the SPPXL Complex as a station throught the additional commands menu
3) Added Silicon as a product using the additional commands menu and input its price as -1
4) Selected Start Internal Commodity Logistics from the Trade Menu.

But the TS is just sitting in the trading station, doing nothing the Destination is flashing as the SPPXL but it isnt undocking or flying anywhere??

Please, please, please help as i feel ive been trying to get this working for ages now, and its getting very frustrating

anyone spot what im doing wrong.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 08:29

collect commodities from up to ... suppliers
I had to look at the script for this. You have separate limits for producers and types of commodities. Maybe the readme should clarify this? (But I do not know how. :cry: )

I did set up a training ground in Three Worlds. Mako's are busy. :D

Geggo
x3tc

Re: Commodity Logistics Mk1 Question

Post by Geggo » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 15:43

kriscorrie wrote: 1) set its Homebase to the Silicon Mine
3) Added Silicon as a product using the additional commands menu and input its price as -1
The order is incorrect.

Try this way:
2) Added Silicon as a product using the additional commands menu and input its price as -1
3) Added the SPPXL Complex as a station throught the additional commands menu
4)add the silicon mine as a target (optional will get you a "status report")

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 18:12

Ok.... either this script is bugged or the description if ***cked up.
If you put in a value of "-1" the price of the target station itself will be used
That part does NOT seem to work, infact it seems to do absolutely nothing at all.

If I enter "-1" as a price that is same as not entering that whole command at all and results in "I have not been assigned any products" message when selecting a station.

is it even supposed to work with this script or is that also bugged.

ps. Bonus Pack version is the initial 3.1.00 as I had some CTD issues with the updated one.

kriscorrie

Re: Commodity Logistics Mk1 Question

Post by kriscorrie » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 19:30

Geggo wrote:
kriscorrie wrote: 1) set its Homebase to the Silicon Mine
The order is incorrect.

Try this way:
2) Added Silicon as a product using the additional commands menu and input its price as -1
3) Added the SPPXL Complex as a station throught the additional commands menu
4)add the silicon mine as a target (optional will get you a "status report")
nope, followed this instruction to the letter, and still the TS is just sitting in the station. It says its destination is my SPP XL complex, but it never leaves the station.

so frustrating

kriscorrie

Post by kriscorrie » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 15:18

is there noone on this forum who can help with my problem?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 15:34

What does the status report say and how much wafers do the SPPXL complex and mine have in their stocks? Furthermore, have you tried with some other price value? Mine has credits in its account?

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 16:11

Ok so I'm going to put everything I have noticed sofar into a semicoherent post.

So here's my setup:
Silicon mine complex in Hila's Joy (separate energy buyer transport), silicon price set to 500 Cr, jump radius 1, no trading allowed by npc.
Crystall Fab complex in Bluish Snout (com agent buying energy and bofu), silicon price set to 500 Cr, jump radius 1, no npc trading.

I tried the CLS Mk1 with thse settings:
1. home base is silicon complex ofcourse
2. Add/remove products "silicon" obviously, price set "500"
3. Add/remove station "Crystall Fab complex"
4. Add/remove station "Silicon mine complex" (to see the status report which looks exactly the way I wanted)
5.Start internal commodity logistics

so now the trader took a load of silicon (334) and set of to crystall fab complex.....it's at destination and delivers the load and 167 000 Cr move from crystall complex to silicon mine and returned back to the silicon complex to begin again.

Right so then I tried once more:
1. home base is silicon complex ofcourse
2. Add/remove products "silicon" obviously, price set "-1"
3. Add/remove station "Crystall Fab complex"

Now I get a message saying that the trader has no products to trade so I check with "Add/remove station Silicon mine complex" and there's no products or stations.

So the "-1" input does not seem to work even though it is said in the Description.

Edit:
After I more comprehensive retesting some of my earlier observations proved to be inaccurate so I removed them from this post. the ones still in are still how things are in my game atleast. however I will still check couple things when running the complexes as they would in non test envirement. (I shut down all other ships and scripts to see exact events related to the CLS mk1).

Edit2:
Some more testing and I think I found another thing that's bugging me.....My CLS Mk2 doesn't seem to calculate his Archievements at all, it remained at 0 even though he made several round trips with total of 300 kCr sales. (unless ofcourse it's not even supposed to calculate trips made to player fabs?)

But on the positive side the script seems to work otherwise just fine.
Last edited by Geggo on Mon, 4. Sep 06, 17:51, edited 1 time in total.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 17:48

File plugins.good.delivery.config.p has

Code: Select all

026 if $ProductPriceSelect < 0
032   set local variable: name='goods.dev.auto.rename' value=$ProductPriceSelect
034   goto End
It looks to me that negative price will set a variable, which does not make sense in this context, and then jumps out without actually adding any product into array.

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 18:32

you know I'm starting to be more and more conviced that the description is copy pasted and the sentence refering to "-1" is actually meant for the CLS Mk2.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 09:22

I do not think so. Look at the Readme of the X2 CLS (TP/TS version):
The main command is started from the trading menu. The command "Start commodities logistics" will be visible once the CLS MK1 and the Navigation Software MK1 are installed. After starting the software you need to supply a numerical parameter. This parameter defines the price at which the commodity will be transferred between stations. Entering a value of '0' will result in no money being transferred. Entering a value of "-1" will result in using the current commodity price in each station.
If there is "copy-paste" in the description, it is from X2 Bonuspack. The X2 CLS had no separate list of products, because every factory had exactly one product. But there was a M6 version of it that worked between EQdocks. That had the separate list:
Corvette class ships transferring wares between equipment docks may transfer many different types of wares. The commodities list is maintained using a seperate command in the additional commands menu. After starting the main command, before the ship will do anything, you will have to run the command to add a new commodity to transport. Upon running the command, select a commodity to transport first. Then you will enter a value to set the transfer price. Entering a value of '0' results in no money being transferred. Supplying a price of "-1" tells the software to use the equipment docks current price. Entering a value of "-2" will delete the entire list of commodities. Entering a value of "-3" will display the current commodities list.
The changes in X3 merged the TS and M6 versions of CLS Mk1. CLS Mk2 is new, and probably derived from CLS Mk1. CA is new too, and made in same style as CLS (levels, etc).

Now, I'm not 100% sure I understood the code in CLS Mk1 of X3 BP 3.01.01. But if I did, then these are true:
1. Negative price value does not change the list of products in any way.
2. There may be three different negative inputs:
* -3 that sets 'goods.dev.auto.rename' to 2
* -2 that sets 'goods.dev.auto.rename' to 1
* -1 (or any other negative value) that sets 'goods.dev.auto.rename' to 0

The name of the variable implies a functionality similar to CLS Mk2:
Input - {0} {1} {X}
The pilot adds informations to the name of the ship.
(X = 0 Information service deactivate; X = 1 Extended information; X = 2 Reduced information)
And we have tried only -1, which -- if my guess is right -- means no additional information, and indeed, we saw nothing.

To summarize: The description is clearly not conforming to the functionality. But ReadMe and language files are way more difficult to fix than the script. How many different language versions there are already? Correction, translation, proofs. The script author cannot do all that easily, and not alone. Yet, it should be done.[/list]

CreHater
x3

Post by CreHater » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 12:17

I don't get it...

I have a GPPC complex. I want to transfer GPPC's from the complex to my TL (Mammoth). So what do I need to do?

I have Mercury Super Freighter, with all the Comm.Log. Software MK1, Transporter device, jumpdrive, scanners (Duplex/Triplex) and everything else. Homebase set to the GPPC complex.

What do I need to do to get the freighter to move the products to the TL?

What I did:
1. Set Homebase for PPC dealer --> GPPC Complex
2. Set Product --> GPPC, input price 973860
3. Set Station --> Mammoth

Then I get the message:
I am piloting your ship PPC Dealer 1 and reside in sector Mines of Fortune and report from station PPC Complex.
The station null in sector null does not require my current product as a resource and does not produce it also.

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 12:27

CreHater wrote: What do I need to do to get the freighter to move the products to the TL?
Courier
The courier is able to collect commodities from up to three suppliers and deliver them to up to five consumers. Additionally, he will be able to supply TL class ships. He will equip his ship with more speed and agility, and fighter drones if they can be bought in the current sector. The courier gets a wage of 15 credits per mizura flown, payable upon completion of each trip.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 12:42

And just in case, set the product price to 0. TL does not pay. Furthermore, try Falcon Hauler. It can land into Mammoth and is thus known to work. I had trouble with Dolphin SF, CLS Mk2 that did have the Transporter. Falcon H can carry 2 GPPC, so it naturally may do more trips than the SF. I have one Falcon H, CLS Mk1 FP, to dump everything from one complex into a Mammoth.

CreHater
x3

Post by CreHater » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 19:36

Tahnks for the tips! Will try it. :D

CreHater
x3

Post by CreHater » Sat, 30. Sep 06, 21:41

Okay, I got it to work. But as jlehtone says, the transporter device doesn't work... Unfortunately. Now I have to get Falcon Haulers to transport the XL cargo class GPPC's... Pity.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 1. Oct 06, 08:56

Actually, I did got CLS2+Transporter to work, once. The ship was in space to begin with and had already the haul/producer was empty. Then it did do unload correctly.

My uneducated guess is that if the TL is in the same sector, then the CLS2 ship will not undock from the supplier and therefore fails the transporter part. But I have not tested moving the TL to other sector. I had Falcon Haulers handy. I have not tried with CLS1 TS, so its logic may be different (although not likely).

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”