[Bonus Plugin] Commercial Agent

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ruut
xr

Post by Ruut » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 22:34

Stopping commercial agent mean your ship is waiting a valid opportunity.
Increase the range of trade in your base and add satellites in all sectors in range and the agent will detect new opportunity.

Vengefully

Post by Vengefully » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 23:11

Hi.

Now business:

I got this small complex in The Wall making 1mj shields and mosquito and silkworm missiles. I got two traders suposedly bringing in the necessary resources but I got this issue that while one is getting like Ore (for example), the other is trying to bring in the same resource.
Once one actually buys the resource the other just changes its command to "Return to Home base" and once the ship gets home its start going for another (usually diferent) resource. The problem is that the other ship (the one that bought the Ore), gets home, puts the resource in-base and goes after the EXACT same resource the other ship is going for. I've tried to use the proibited ware command but it didnt even worked.
So: loop, script issue or did I did something wrong???

Any ideas? I'm fairly new at this Complex and trading thing since I only have this Complex and its traders, a Ore mine (you know...) and a trader for it on station manager(that works ok but since its only one...) and two Universe traders.

The only "mods" or scripts that I have is the Bonus Pack. Yep just the one.

Edited: Removed a question already answered above. My bad.
Last edited by Vengefully on Sun, 3. Sep 06, 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
Nope, its wrong. The blue one. Crap...

SieurNewT
x4

Post by SieurNewT » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 23:18

thanks for your reply so i put the max jump range and the best price for the product, waited 1 hours and still no change :(
New Config : Intel 8400 & 4Ghz , 4GB DRR2 on Asus P5Q Pro, ATI 4850 and Win XP 32 bits SP3.

Old config AMD 64 3400 1Mo, MSI k8n neo plat, 7800 GS+ Bliss, 2 GB RAM 3200

Ruut
xr

Post by Ruut » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 05:55

Vengefully wrote: The problem is that the other ship (the one that bought the Ore), gets home, puts the resource in-base and goes after the EXACT same resource the other ship is going for. I've tried to use the proibited ware command but it didnt even worked.
So: loop, script issue or did I did something wrong???
No it's normal.
It's only at lvl 20 they don't go to the same destination.
You can solve this problem in using ship with different speed.
The slowest will try a different opportunity at low LvL. After 3 or 4 run for nothing.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 08:18

Ruut wrote:No it's normal.
It's only at lvl 20 they don't go to the same destination.
Not lvl 20, CA/CLS does not have that many. Courier.

Could one ship do sufficient job? At least it would level up quicker.

And the "prohibit ware" ought to work. Both ships have to prohibit the wares the other is supposed to haul.

Ruut
xr

Post by Ruut » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 16:54

Yes i have 1 representative per complex and many mk3 for money.

JohnathanB
x3

Post by JohnathanB » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 16:02

Is there a readme file somewhere? I've got a few questions about the Commercial Agent that I can't seem to find help with.

First, is it necessary to buy and equip each ship with a trading system extension in order for them to promote? Was the problem with the pilots not being able to be reassigned without selling off their old ships fixed/addressed? Is there any benefit to outfitting them with best buys/selling locators? Finally, did I understand correctly that you have to equip them with a duplex AND a triplex scanner in order for them to use a jumpdrive?

I do apologize in advance if any of the above questions were answered somewhere, I looked around and couldn’t find clarification.

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 16:22

JohnathanB wrote:Is there a readme file somewhere? I've got a few questions about the Commercial Agent that I can't seem to find help with.

First, is it necessary to buy and equip each ship with a trading system extension in order for them to promote? Was the problem with the pilots not being able to be reassigned without selling off their old ships fixed/addressed? Is there any benefit to outfitting them with best buys/selling locators? Finally, did I understand correctly that you have to equip them with a duplex AND a triplex scanner in order for them to use a jumpdrive?

I do apologize in advance if any of the above questions were answered somewhere, I looked around and couldn’t find clarification.
The readme is installed when you install the bonus pack, it even creates a shortcut in the start menu to read the docs. If you can't find the shortcut you should be able to find the readme in the "description" folder inside the main X3 folder.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 16:37

johgalt wrote: there is one major disadvantage to the commercial agents: their home bases can not be switched once they have gained rank. this means that they can never work for any complex you might own that has no primary resources because the starting rank, apprentice, can only buy primary resources, and since there are no primary resources, it can never gain rank to trade anything. since the home base can not be changed, it is impossible to train the ship elswhere and then assign it to another station/complex with a high rank.
Now there's no way that can be true... unless that was changed with the last update of bonuspack. (3.01.02)

I had trained 2 Com agents in different complexes to rank of Freighter Pilot 2nd and then moved both of them to third complex (SPP loop producing energy), I jumped both to the complex, set homebase, cleared their operating and archievements data (command codes 1 0 0 and 1 1 0) and after setting all the required settings thru the command codes they have now been up and running for nearly a day.(selling only excess energy from a closed loop and they HAVE NOT returned to their previous homes).

JohnathanB
x3

Post by JohnathanB » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 17:46

Thanks for the info, Blackrazor. I did get a lot out of the readme, but now that I have more knowledge, I have more questions…

I tried to use some of the numeric input commands starting with something simple like the 000 command to get the statistics. Nothing happened. I don’t know if I’m not punching the command in correctly or I just don’t know where to go read the message. I punched it in exactly like above, “000” with no spaces, and…nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 17:55

it asks the input 3 times,read the title bar on that window. so you enter it like this: "0" <enter>, "0" <enter>, "0" <enter>

update:
Ok so now that I updated bonuspack and played a little I have seen that Com Agents still work just fine when they are relocated to new complex at Freighter pilot 2nd level, moved 2 more trained pilots to energy complexes and theyr working just fine.

if someone is interested I used these commands on them.
1. Jump and dock to new base
2. set homebase to new base
3. Configuration <1><0><0> (Delete Operating data)
4. Configuration <1><1><0> (Delete Archievements data)
5. Ware lock/unlock (lock all but energy cells)
6. Configuration <2><0><1> (no trading with my stations)
7. Configuration <3><7><20> (set intermediate resource sell limit to 20% instead of the default 80%)
8. Start Commercial representation

The complex is closed loop running 2 M SPP's with no end product.

Texas
x3

Post by Texas » Fri, 8. Sep 06, 23:02

Hi Moggy,

I loaded this and it works really well. From setting it up my profit per hour increased more than ten fold!

However you may want to add that the Commercial reps are paid direct from your own account.

I lumped all my money into my sation and got messages saying...
Could not debit payment
Or something like that.
Took me a while to figure that out.

maybe I'm just slow!!!
Professionals are predictable.
It's the amateurs that are dangerous!

Leeber
x3

Post by Leeber » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 14:10

Well I'm having no luck with it so far. I've got a Demeter assigned to my complex in Ministry which makes fighter drones, beta pacs, 25m shields etc. The pilot is showing as "Assistant Courier" not Auxillary. He ain't selling anything either, there are plenty of buyers around but he won't budge from the factory. Am I missing something obvious? Do I have to unlock any wares or should they be unlocked as default?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 14:57

Leeber wrote:"Assistant Courier" not Auxillary.
AFAIK there are Apprentise, Auxiliary, and Courier. Apprentise does not sell.

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 16:17

Leeber wrote:Well I'm having no luck with it so far. I've got a Demeter assigned to my complex in Ministry which makes fighter drones, beta pacs, 25m shields etc. The pilot is showing as "Assistant Courier" not Auxillary. He ain't selling anything either, there are plenty of buyers around but he won't budge from the factory. Am I missing something obvious? Do I have to unlock any wares or should they be unlocked as default?
give the CA command 0 0 0 , in that you see it's current settings, incduding locked wares.

By default the CA will prefer buying but will revert to selling if the Cash is below set limit or enough resources are available (this is normally quite high), or no resources can be bought within jump radius.

@jlehtone
I think he means that there's a typo, what should be "Auxiliary courier" is actually Assistant Courier in the game. in any case AC can sell.

@Leeber
Do you by any chance try to sell to trading stations/EQ docks cause that needs Courier rank.

Ok, I think I found a really nasty bug in this marvelous script.....

Here's the setup that I have:
Complexed
Rastar Refinery L
SunOil Refinery L
Flower Farm L
Teladianium foundly L
Location Family Nju with jump radius 1

so it needs to buy energy and chelts meat which is handled by CA1 and it has locked wares (Rastar oil,teladianium,sunrise flowers ,nostrop oil) and free to trade in (energy and chelts meat)

Selling is done by CA2 that is Freighter pilot level with locked wares (Energy,sunrise flowers and chelts meat) and free to trade in (Rastar oil,teladianium,nostrop oil)

Price setting for the products is as follows (Teladianium @ 156 Cr, Rastar Oil @484 Cr, Nostrop Oil @ 77 Cr), and I checked there's several fabs buying each product at the price (or higher)

The problem is this:

the CA2 keeps selling 16/32 rastar oil to one of the 2 nearby trading stations that buy it, even though the other 2 products are in full stock and several buyers are having 0 at stock. (I checked and it did this continuously several hours)

I tried restarting and reseting all settings but didn't seem to help, I tried different CA and same thing went on.

Also this seems to ignore Command 34D (the one which set the cargo hold limit for selling trips) as it sells 16 or 32 rastar which is no where near 30% of cargo space on Caiman Hauler(7000 capasity).

Only fix I found was to lock the ware Rastar Oil or set it's min price 1 higher so trading stations are not valid buyers.

Nick Cresswell
x3

Post by Nick Cresswell » Sun, 24. Sep 06, 13:54

Why does this script not work for me. It's doing exactly the same thing as station manager did. It works for one of my complexes, but not for the rest. One of my complexes is constantly being restocked and selling wares, while in the others my TS's just sit there not doing anything. Despite the fact that the factory is full of wares and there are facts nearby that are offering more for them than i'm selling them for. What the hell is going on. Why don't the TS's sell my resources for me. They work perfectly well when I tell them to 'Buy ware for best price', and 'Sell ware for best price'. As soon as I do that they spring into action, but when I Start comercial representation they just sit in the factory.
I'm twice my weight, three times my size, and my left eye's closer to my right eye, than my right eye is to my left.

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Sun, 24. Sep 06, 15:58

For one apprentice can only buy resources, no selling. (selling comes with the next level, Assistant Courier)

Also CA can deal in Resources and Products but not intermediate products (that is prior to reaching Freighter Pilot 2nd class)

Nick Cresswell
x3

Post by Nick Cresswell » Sun, 24. Sep 06, 16:04

Ah, I knew the second part. For some reason I overlooked the first, sorry for wasting your time. I'll get on it right now.
I'm twice my weight, three times my size, and my left eye's closer to my right eye, than my right eye is to my left.

Islington
x4

Post by Islington » Fri, 6. Oct 06, 21:05

Sorry if this has been asked, I can't find it.
Can a freighter pilot that trained under CLS MK1 be used as a Commercial Agent ?
I tried it and he retains his rank. He then did one selling run, jumped home and sat in the full station with a destination and idle as a command.
The destination had no player property in in it either unless I missed a passing ship. Strange.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 6. Oct 06, 21:38

If I would be you, I would transfer the CLS1 pilot into another ship (say M5 for storage) or just start a fresh ship as CA. CLS1 pilot is CLS1 pilot and CA pilot is CA pilot. Having two scripts in one ship is useless, because you can use only one at a time. And manually juggling between them is waste, because their purpose is to work automatically.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”