[Bonus Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

moggy2
x3ap

[Bonus Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK2

Post by moggy2 » Thu, 24. Aug 06, 20:20

Name: Commodity Logistics Software MK2
Version: 3.4.00
Date: 22.07.2006
Scripter: Lucike
  • Overview:

This software allows the pilot to plan a route. The pilot is instructed to follow a given route and the corresponding commodity transfer orders for each intermediate stop. This enables the pilot to fulfill special tasks within the company or even at different stations. The route will be followed repeatedly until the pilot receives new orders.

The software was originally developed by an Argon software engineer and as such is being sold in every Argon Equipment Dock. It is also available in the trading station located in Herron's Nebula.

Over time the pilot will learn to use this software more efficiently; nobody starts out as an expert. Additionally, he might participate in special training courses by utilizing his trading computer extension. Those training courses are offered in the pilot's homebase at specified time intervals.

Quickstart:

1. Equip a TS class transporter with Navigation Software MK1 and Commodity Logistics Software MK2
    2. Choose "Add/remove intermediate stops" in the Additional Ship Commands Menu of the ship, select a target station, the commodity, the price and the volume (if you input a negative volume it will be unloaded/sold instead loaded/bought). Repeat for all stations.
    3. Choose the command "Start external commodity logistics"

Pilot qualifications:

Apprentice
    The apprentice is able to use up to 4 stops in total in the tour. The apprentice is carrying out his probationary period in your enterprise and doesn't get a salary during this time.
    Auxiliary courier
    The auxiliary courier is able to use up to 6 stops in total in the tour. Additionally, he will be able to deliver commodities to equipment docks and trading stations. The auxiliary courier gets a wage of 20 credits per mizura flown, paid after completing each trip.
    Courier
    The courier is able to use up to 10 stops in total in the tour. Additionally, he will be able to supply large ships. He buys in the current sector fight drones and equips his ship with more speed and agility. The courier gets a wage of 25 credits per mizura flown, payable upon completion of each trip.
    Freighter pilot 2nd class
    The freighter pilot 2nd class is able to use up to 15 stops in total in the tour. He is also able to use modern jump drive technology to move around more quickly. The freighter pilot 2nd class is paid a wage of 30 credits per mizura flown, paid after each trip.
    Freighter pilot 1st class
    The freighter pilot 1st class is able to use up to 20 stops in total in the tour. Furthermore, he pays close attention to the commercial radio network and will not enter any sectors in which enemy ships have been reported. The freighter pilot 1st class is paid a wage of 35 credits per mizura flown, paid after each trip.
    Freighter pilot
    The freighter pilot is not restricted in the amount of stops in his tour. Furthermore, he will repair his ship on his own by visiting a shipyard if necessary. The freighter pilot is paid a wage of 40 credits per mizura flown, payable after each trip.

Equipment and Prerequisites:

- A small class ship (M5, M4, M3, TS, TP) or a ship of the corvette class (M6)
    - Commodity Logistics Software MK2
    - Navigation Command Software MK1
    - Boost Extension (optional: increases the jump energy reserve from 10% to 20% of maximum cargo)
    - Duplex- and Triplex-Scanner (optional: decreases the minimum jump range by one sector)
    - Cargo Scanner (optional: affects the collection-strategy)
    - Trading System Extension (optional: needed to participate in training courses)
    - Fight Command Software MK1 (optional: change the behaviour at contact with the enemy)
    - Jump drive (optional: can be utilized after a special training course)
    - Transporter Device (optional: if big ships like TL class transporters are chosen as a viable destination and the transporter may not dock at the ship)

Usage (Route planning):

The main command is started over the Trade Menu. The command "Start external commodity logistics" becomes visible, if the Commodity Logistics Software MK2 and the Navigation Command Software MK1 are installed in the ship.

The waypoint list is maintained by using the ship command "Add/remove intermediate stops". After the start of this command six further inputs must be made. The first input specifies the type of command. An input of "0" adds the new entry to the back of the waypoint list. A positive number input inserts the new entry before the indicated position. If a negative number is input, then the appropriate entry is changed. Next, a station is input as a waypoint. The 3rd input is the factory type. The 4th is which ware to trade. The 5th is the transfer price per unit. The last input is the quantity to transfer. A positive number causes the pilot to load or buy and a negative number to unload or sell.

Example 1
    Waypoint 1 - {0} {Solar Power Plant L in The Wall} {Factory with energy cells} {Energy cells} {12} {2000}
    The pilot buys 2000 energy cells at the Solar Power Plant for a price of 12 credits max per unit.
    Waypoint 2 - {0} {Satellite Factory in Argon Prime} {Factory with energy cells} {Energy cells} {16} {-2000}
    The pilot sells 2000 energy cells to the Satellite Factory for a minimum price of 16 credits per unit.

Example 2
    Waypoint 1 - {0} {Player-owned Solar Power Plant in Argon Prime} {Factory with energy cells} {Energy cells} {0} {5000}
    The pilot loads 5000 energy cells into the ship at the player owned Solar Power Plant.
    Waypoint 2 - {0} {Player-owned Silicon Mine in Herron's Nebula} {Factory with energy cells} {Energy cells} {0} {-2000}
    The pilot unloads 2000 units of energy cells from the ship into the Silicon Mine.
    Waypoint 3 - {0} {Player-owned BoGas Factory in Herron's Nebula} {Factory with energy cells} {Energy cells} {0} {-3000}
    The pilot unloads 3000 units of energy cells from the ship into the BoGas Factory.

Example 3
    Waypoint 1 - {0} {Player-owned Solar Power Plant in Argon Prime} {Factory with energy cells} {Energy cells} {0} {102000}
    The pilot loads up to 2000 energy cells into the ship at the player owned Solar Power Plant paying attention to the already loaded amount.
    Waypoint 2 - {0} {Player-owned Crystal Factory in Argon Prime} {Factory with energy cells} {Energy cells} {0} {-2000}
    The pilot unloads 2000 units of energy cells from the ship into the Crystal Factory.
    Waypoint 3 - {0} {Player-owned Crystal Factory in Argon Prime} {Factory with crystals} {Crystals} {0} {100100}
    The pilot loads up to 100 units of crystals at the player owned factory taking the already loaded amount into account.
    Waypoint 4 - {0} {Player-owned Solar Power Plant in Argon Prime} {Factory with crystals} {Crystals} {0} {-100}
    The pilot unloads 100 units of crystals at the player owned Solar Power Plant.
    Reference of examples 3
    If a load border in the cargo space of the freighter is to be determined, then add to the load quantity 100000. (2000 Energy cells + 100000 = 102000).

Special Inputs part 1
    Input - {0} {Solar Power Plant or Homebase} {N/A} {N/A} {0} {0}
    The pilot buys in the Solar Power Plant, or loads in the homebase, energy cells in, in order to fill up its jump energy. (10% of maximum cargo / with Boost Extension 20%)
    Input - {0} {Station or factory} {N/A} {N/A} {1} {0}
    The pilot approaches the indicated station, without taking any action there. He remains there 1 mizura.

Special Inputs part 2
    Input - {1001} {N/A} {Factory with energy cells} {Energy cells} {17} {-4000}
    The pilot looks for energy cell customers within 1 jump and adds her its list.
    Input - {2001} {N/A} {Factory with energy cells} {Energy cells} {17} {-4000}
    The pilot looks for energy cell customers of the main races within 1 jump and adds her its list.
    Input - {3002} {N/A} {Factory with energy cells} {Energy cells} {0} {4000}
    The pilot looks for Player-owned Solar Power Plants within 2 jumps and adds her its list.
    Reference special orders part 2
    The first input is 1000 for all stations, 2000 for all stations of the main races and 3000 for only player factories. The jump range is added (1000 + 2 jumps = 1002). Several lists can be quite added one behind the other.

Another possibility to configure the tour is the command "Configure intermediate stops", to be found in the Additional Ship Commands Menu. With this command you can remove one or more intermediate stops, or move one stop to another position in the route. You may also ask for a report of all intermediate stops and the corresponding commodity. See here for a complete list of the command.

Input - {0} {0} {0}
    The pilot sends a report of intermediate stops. The report also contains the payment received up to now, the flight time and the income.
    Input - {0} {1} {X}
    The pilot adds informations to the name of the ship.
    (X = 0 Information service deactivate; X = 1 Extended information; X = 2 Reduced information)
    Input - {1} {0} {0}
    The pilot clears his entire list of waypoints.
    Input - {1} {1} {0}
    The pilot deletes his achievements overview.
    Input - {1} {X} {Y}
    The pilot removes all intermediate stops from x up to and including y.
    Input - {2} {X} {Y}
    The pilot moves the intermediate stop x to position y.
    Input - {3} {X} {Y}
    The pilot increases the price of waypoint X by Y credits.
    Input - {4} {X} {Y}
    The pilot reduces the price of waypoint X by Y credits.

Special notes:

Note: You can change the lists mid flight but the changes become effective only after finishing the current tour.

Special: Advice: On the initial start no commodity is allowed to be loaded on the ship, except installed weapons and shields, missiles of any type, combat drones and jump energy. If you deliver commodities to a tl class transporter no credits are being transferred. You can only select trading stations, equipment docks or tl class transporters as suppliers if they are set to be the homebase of the ship. No credits are being transferred in this case, too.

Jump drive: If a jump drive is installed, the pilot will supply himself with energy from the homebase. He may buy energy from other sources, too, if he is not doing a chain supply tour. The pilot may jump to adjacent sectors if both scanner types (duplex/triplex) are installed. Normally a jump will only be done if the distance is at least one sector in between. Scanner range is not being enhanced.

Enemy contact: If the freighter has the Fight Command Software MK1, then the pilot may make his ship safer. He buys fight drones in the current sector and equip his ship with more speed and agility. If the experienced pilot has a jump drive, then he can venture into unsafe sectors.

Hint: If you buy the Commodity Logistics Software at the software producer's offices at the Free Argon Trading Station in Herron's Nebula, the producer tries to provide qualified personnel. If you start the software at the trading station you might get lucky and receive qualified pilots from the very beginning.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 23:42

I have a Dolphin SF that does have the Transporter Device. Then I attempted to set it to pick up two 125 MJ shields from my complex and to drop at Mammoth that is near. The Pilot from Herron's Nebula is already a Courier. It seems that the ship loads, then says destination is the Mammoth, but does nothing, then repeats. Well, at least the Dolphin clears up the complex. But is the Transporter to TL supposed to work? :o

Edit: Some more attempts:
- Addition of waypoint which loads ware at price 0 fails, unless the ship has a homebase (possibly the same as the source of product). However, the waypointlist was accepted when I transferred the pilot to another ship that has no homebase set.
- I was able to add "sell to NPC" waypoint without homebase, but not load/unload.
- Dolphin docked at the source (complex) did not attempt to transfer ware to a TL. However, if I start the command while the TS is in space, it does successfully use the Transporter Device. However, when I did add waypoints (other wares to deliver to the TL), the TS at some point docked into the complex and was stuck in there again.
- Then I transferred the pilot into M3 (Falcon Hauler) and that flies normally between the Hub and TL.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 22:13

And some more:

Tried to add the "Fly to station" command with the TL as target before the unload waypoint. Command is accepted, but the Pilot reports says "Refuel". Could be by design.

The pilot report does not tell the ware on "Unloading" waypoints. Furthermore, the "Selling for XXX Cr." message has the name of the ware where price is expected (and no price at all. It seems that the sell/unload messages in t-file have one less '%s' than the buy/load messages, yet the script passes equal number of arguments to each.

bonuspack 3.1.01, english.

MikeyB
x3tc

Post by MikeyB » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 14:35

Hey I really like this from the bonus package.
I like that I can choose where my ships go spicifically.

I set up a simple route for a transport to pick up 1250 firefly missiles from my factory complex and then to go to the equipment to sell them.
It all worked out fine except that it left before it was full.

It seems to me that the script does not allow to tell the transport to wait for the full load - I hope I am mistaken and that you can inform me how to do that. If I am not mistaken I hope it will be possible in a future release. I would not like to pay the transporter to sell just 1 missile :wink:

Regards,
MikeyB

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 16:34

I'm not sure about the loadborder flag, but basically the Mk2 does endless tour, and rather than waiting, simply grabs whatever is in the waypoint at that moment. CLS Mk1 will not do delivery, unless the load is 'substantial'. but that one does not sell. I guess these are blalancing factors.

Besides, a "wait until full" order at NPC station will surely get the attention of the GoD. :wink:

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 17:13

jlehtone wrote:I'm not sure about the loadborder flag, but basically the Mk2 does endless tour, and rather than waiting, simply grabs whatever is in the waypoint at that moment. CLS Mk1 will not do delivery, unless the load is 'substantial'. but that one does not sell. I guess these are blalancing factors.

Besides, a "wait until full" order at NPC station will surely get the attention of the GoD. :wink:
You did notice that the capability to use the transporter beam is available AFTER you reach Courier rank.

And what do you mean with "CLS Mk1 will not do delivery, unless the load is 'substantial'. but that one does not sell".

It does sell but it needs the -1 as price input (then it uses the target fabs price) to do so otherwise it seems to just deliver without pay. (but it still makes a credit check on receiwing end)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 18:47

I was lucky and hired a Courier Mk2 pilot from Herron's.

I know the -1 price setting but I have always assumed that CLS Mk1 is for internal logistics only.

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 18:57

jlehtone wrote:I was lucky and hired a Courier Mk2 pilot from Herron's.

I know the -1 price setting but I have always assumed that CLS Mk1 is for internal logistics only.
Well actually the script description or the script is wrong, cause the -1 does not seem to work.......on MK1 that is or I'm just can't figure it out.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 08:31

Geggo wrote:Well actually the script description or the script is wrong, cause the -1 does not seem to work.......on MK1 that is or I'm just can't figure it out.
Could you read the source code?

I guess Lucike is busy with RL or German forum so the more accurate feedback we can give the better, when he peeks down here.

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 15:09

jlehtone wrote:
Geggo wrote:Well actually the script description or the script is wrong, cause the -1 does not seem to work.......on MK1 that is or I'm just can't figure it out.
Could you read the source code?

I guess Lucike is busy with RL or German forum so the more accurate feedback we can give the better, when he peeks down here.
eh, I have never scripted before so I wouldn't have a clue what or where to look for that kind of error. But I will ofcourse take a look at the scripts ingame but don't hold your breath.

and you did notice that I said the problem was with Mk1, it's just I said it in 3 diff threads cause no one execpt you me and maybe moggy2 seem to read these......

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 15:39

Geggo wrote:eh, I have never scripted before so I wouldn't have a clue
I'll try to resist my desire to actually play, and look at the source. Wife permitting, of course. :wink:

The german counterparts of these threads seem more active. They even seem more "ordered". Must be a hallucination. :roll:

Mobuj
x3tc

Post by Mobuj » Sun, 10. Sep 06, 11:25

Enhancment Request:

Would it be possible to have a command to raise/lower the quantity to be loaded/unloaded?

Great Script!

But tough to get the hang of and to use. Always getting confused with price then quantity. :oops:
---------------------------
I am Popeye of Borg
You will be askimilated!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 10. Sep 06, 14:30

Mobuj wrote:Would it be possible to have a command to raise/lower the quantity to be loaded/unloaded?
You can already list the configuration and you can rewrite specific waypoint. Too many commands would bloat it.

And I mix price and volume too. :oops: But the list is malformatted. :cry:

Mobuj
x3tc

Post by Mobuj » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 18:38

jlehtone wrote:
I was lucky and hired a Courier Mk2 pilot from Herron's.

I have been trying to set a price of 1 cr for each item per trade run. Just to see how the items flow from station to station. When doing a load with 1 cr, then an unload of 1 cr causes the cr amounts to go screwy. Happens when adding a new waypoint or modifying a price on a way point. :?

I think I'll leave the prices alone for now. :roll:
---------------------------
I am Popeye of Borg
You will be askimilated!

Butch Coolidge
x3

Post by Butch Coolidge » Wed, 13. Sep 06, 15:27

Hi guys.

I think I found a bug/feature in the CLS MK2 scripts released with the bonus package. It can be quite devastating for the economy in X3.

As everybody knows you can sell weapons to Equipment Docks that are not stocked at the ED. You can even sell as many as you want. But you can do it only manually!
With this script you can do it automatically. So there is no one stopping me from building 20.000 weapon factories and sell all the weapons to those EDs that haven't stocked the weapons. This way you don't have to consider if there is a market for your products anymore.
Of course the same was possible without any scripts in X3 but at least you would have had to command the traders yourself.

I have always been searching to find a feature like this. Now I can sell all weapons produced in the universe through my Trading Station Network keeping the X3 economy in peek shape.

Is this a bug or a feature?
If this is discussed somewhere else already just ignore/redirect me, thank you.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 13. Sep 06, 17:11

I have not seen it discussed elsewhere, but there was similar note in unsigned Station Manager thread, IIRC. Somebody noticed the same behaviour in that script.

And the number of asteroids still limits you, like always. :wink:

Butch Coolidge
x3

Post by Butch Coolidge » Wed, 13. Sep 06, 21:06

And the number of asteroids still limits you, like always.
That's true of course. But it surprised me that the script has been signed although it behaves like this. Looks like nobody noticed this behaviour before.

angels7707

Post by angels7707 » Sat, 16. Sep 06, 14:12

another noob question... if the minimum set price for the ware is not met .. does the TS just wait at the factory???
Forever Young

fiktik
x3tc

CLS MK2 problem

Post by fiktik » Thu, 26. Oct 06, 21:47

Greetings, have been redirected here with my problem.

My situation: I need to transport ECells from my spacefuel complex to silicon mine and get silicon back to the complex (both being at Omicron Lyrae)

I'm trying to start CLS MK2 on my Mercury having this onboard:
3x25MJ shields
CLS MK2
Fight Com Soft MK1
Nav Com Soft MK1
Boost Ext
SETA

The ship is docked at EQ dock in OL with no orders, this is what I do:
- in additional ship commands I choose Add/Change interm. stops
- first input is 0 to add new command
- then universe map appears to select (as I get it) some waypoint along the way - I select the spacefuel complex
- then universe map appears again to select destination - I select the spacefuel complex once more
- then there is list of all wares at the complex, I select ECells
- then I input 0 as I don't want any credits to be charged
- then I input the amount of ECells I want to be loaded (I want to transport as much as I can to match the 'price' of silicon then transfered back), so i write 3960
(tried to set different values there, even tried the add 100000 to needed amount to match it in cargo bay feat, with the same result)

And thats when a buzzing noise sounds as if something bad happened. Now when I let the ship send me the list of orders there is no sign of any. Theres the line Intermediate stops: (4) and under it just total flight time etc.
Obviously if I then command the ship to Start external commodity logistics, it just sits there and do nothing.

I also tried to go the other way round ordering it first to pick up silicon ... the same thing happens.

That's in X3 1.4.03 with BP 3.1.04 btw.

Steve J.
x3

Post by Steve J. » Thu, 26. Oct 06, 22:24

I had the same problem. Setting a home base for the ship seems to have fixed it.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”