[SCRIPT] Lord FyreByrd's Foes (LFBF) V1.0b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

FyreByrd
x3tc

[SCRIPT] Lord FyreByrd's Foes (LFBF) V1.0b

Post by FyreByrd » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 19:38

SCRIPTID = FyrePackA2
NAME: Lord FyreByrd's Foes (LFBF)
VERSION: 1.0 BETA
LANGUAGES: English
COMPATABLE WITH: Vanilla x3/XFP Mod (V03) DOWNLOAD
LANGUAGE FILE: 447889
COMMANDS USED: None

STORY

Lord FyreByrd was super rich. In fact he was so rich money didn't mean anything to him anymore...You'd think he was happy...but he wasn't. In fact he was bored, after a dogfight had cost him his arm, he couldn't indulge in his one true love...space combat. The only thing that came close to interesting him was watching space combat. So he had an idea...He launched a ship, and set it in an empty sector, offering any pilots who came close the chance to be given a faboulous prize, of money, reputation with a race, or a free ship. There was however a catch. The pilot had to fight to prove himself worthy. Welcome to Lord FyreByrd's Foes.......

DETAILS

-This script is not a cheat script, it is however a fairly easy way to gain money, free ships and reputation with any of the five main races (Argon, Boron, Paranid, Split, Teladi)

-If you are using the Vanilla version of x3 then you will be fighting(and possibly winning) any of the main races ships

-If you playing XFP with this script installed you will be fighting(and possibly winning) any of the main races ships including all the xfp ships(v03) that are assigned to a specific race! (That's a lot of ships!)

INSTALLATION
-Using Cycrow's Script Installer install the script to x3 and either start a new game or load a saved game.

HOW TO USE

-simply travel to the sector that Lord FyreByrd's ship inhabits (The unknown sector one east of montalaar in vanilla x3, the unknown sector one east and one south of Iananamus Zura in XFP) Travel to within 5km of FBF Headquarters and you will recieve a instant message giving you the options (step by step below)

1. select race (what race do you wish to gain reputation with/get free ships from/fight ships from)
2. Select reward (select whether you want a free ship, some money, or a reputation boost.
3. select Quality of reward (select how good a reward you want.

-Once you have selected your reward five ships will spawn in the sector...depending on the quality of your reward depends how powerful the ships are (for example if you ask for ten million credits five m3's spawn, if you ask for 100 million five m1's spawn)
-If you select a free ship the reward will be the same ship you face in combat.
-once all five are destroyed (or have bailed) you will recieve your reward.

HINTS AND TIPS

-Be aware of how good a pilot you are...asking for an m1 class ship might prove to be a difficult test if you can't take out a couple of m3's yet.

-There is no rule banning you from escaping the sector (although the ships will follow you) there is also no rule about bringing help!

KNOWN ISSUES
-A couple of the XFP ships don't equip with shields for some reason...am looking into it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is script A2 of FyreByrd's Script Pack A script A1 can be found here

Let me know what you think

Cheers

FyreByrd

leloa
x3

Post by leloa » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 19:42

can i use that with xtended?

FyreByrd
x3tc

Post by FyreByrd » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 19:44

Not sure....The script (like all my scripts) are only officially compatable with X3 vanilla and XFP (Don't like Xtended myself!) if you want to try it with Xtended it may work...but i don't think it will...

If it does you will certainly only be able to use the basic x3 vanilla ships

Sorry!

FyreByrd

leloa
x3

Post by leloa » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 19:45

FyreByrd wrote:Not sure....The script (like all my scripts) are only officially compatable with X3 vanilla and XFP (Don't like Xtended myself!) if you want to try it with Xtended it may work...but i don't think it will...

If it does you will certainly only be able to use the basic x3 vanilla ships

Sorry!

FyreByrd
no problem then i go for rep
EDIT:i try out and i tell you if not work
Last edited by leloa on Mon, 4. Sep 06, 19:49, edited 2 times in total.

FyreByrd
x3tc

Post by FyreByrd » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 19:47

Fine!

However as it hasn't been tested on Xtended it may not work at all and possibly may crash your game - who knows!!

Cheers

FyreByrd

leloa
x3

Post by leloa » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 19:49

i cant get EMP

FyreByrd
x3tc

Post by FyreByrd » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 19:51

i cant get EMP
Not sure what you mean???

Cheers

FyreByrd

leloa
x3

Post by leloa » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 19:52

solved(yust the link on the top of that topic not work)

leloa
x3

Post by leloa » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 20:02

coflits sadly
EDIT:i m using some others too might there the problem?

FyreByrd
x3tc

Post by FyreByrd » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 20:07

coflits sadly
coflits?????

if it's not working....it's almost certainly an issue with Xtended...I'll be working to fix compatability issues for v1.1b so it will at least work...(won't be supporting xtended though)

Cheers FyreByrd

leloa
x3

Post by leloa » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 20:11

FyreByrd wrote:
coflits sadly
coflits?????

if it's not working....it's almost certainly an issue with Xtended...I'll be working to fix compatability issues for v1.1b so it will at least work...(won't be supporting xtended though)

Cheers FyreByrd
the idea is intresting one question is that hate other scripts like convoy?
one EDIT:i looking for this good luck
Last edited by leloa on Mon, 4. Sep 06, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.

FyreByrd
x3tc

Post by FyreByrd » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 20:13

I'm really not understanding what you are asking...the script should be compatable with any other script...vanilla x3 and xfp...it probably isn't compatable with Xtended/ddrs

leloa
x3

Post by leloa » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 20:15

FyreByrd wrote:I'm really not understanding what you are asking...the script should be compatable with any other script...vanilla x3 and xfp...it probably isn't compatable with Xtended/ddrs
that is what i asked cheers

leloa
x3

Post by leloa » Tue, 5. Sep 06, 14:28

tested more results NOT your script crash my game seems it is the emp(that is more than strange)
EDIT:and your script alone crashes and whiuthe your script and with emp crashes too

leloa
x3

Post by leloa » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 17:19

another thing iof i run this manual then it works but if i use as it supposed to be it crashes(might becuse base )

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 17:52

i've had problems with shields too, i think its to do with cargo space.

if your using the add default items to ships, what you should do, is add full cargo upgrades then add the shields, then finally add the default items, this should make sure the ships has shields installed

FyreByrd
x3tc

Post by FyreByrd » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 17:55

At the moment there is actually a fairly big problem with this script...that somehow escaped my testing of it. The fix is literally just a one line command i need to add in...IT should work totally fine on a loaded game...(although still not on Xtended!) but it WILL NOT work when you start a new game...

V1.1b which fixes two issues (the new game problem, and the check to see if XFP is installed which was causing it issues with Xtended i believe) will hopefully be done and finished by the weekend...but my girlfriend is arriving soon from Brighton so may not have all that much time to finish it off.

Sorry about the trouble with it...But like i say once the one line is in and the check is returned to what it was originally (i changed it slightly and made it less secure than it was previously doh!) it should be fine...and I'll progress to v2.0 which wil be adding kha'ak and xenon fighting stuff!

WOuld appreciate it if anyone has any other show-stopping problems they've found getting in touch..so i can hopefully fix them in v1.1 too!

Cheers

FyreByrd

FyreByrd
x3tc

Post by FyreByrd » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 17:57

@Cycrow...cheers i've been wondering why that's been happening...glad to know it's just me...will change it and update it for v1.1 so that all ships are shielded (cos at the moment some m3's are far too easy to kill!!)

Cheers

FyreByrd

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 18:29

Cycrow wrote:if your using the add default items to ships, what you should do, is add full cargo upgrades then add the shields, then finally add the default items, this should make sure the ships has shields installed
We've had the same issue with our custom starts and many other scripts... Adding cargo first fixes the issue though. (Maybe some of our ships are too low on default cargo. :oops: )

FyreByrd
x3tc

Post by FyreByrd » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 20:48

Right....fixed most issues....then realised there is another one to fix grrr..

Unfortunatly probably won't be able to dedicate much time to workin on scripts over the next week, but in a week hopefully will be able to get back on with it! Thanks cycrow & ashley for your help with the XFP ship shielding stuff...have now made sure that all ships (there's still one to check but the other 3/4 are fixed!) have shields which rebalences it a lot better

Cheers

FyreByrd

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”