[SCR] [v1.7.3] [04/27/2012] MK3 Improvement Reloaded

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

gnasirator
x3tc

[SCR] [v1.7.3] [04/27/2012] MK3 Improvement Reloaded

Post by gnasirator » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 22:12

What's this? _____________________________________________________________

Download: _____________________________________________________________

Compatability: _____________________________________________________________

Installation:
  • Unpack the files to your X3 folder. Overwrite if asked for.
    Start X3, play!
    If no MK3 commands appear, save game and reload.

(Does work without SE activated but needs a modified game!)

Feature Summary:
  • * Completely rewritten
    * Improved fuel management dependand on cargo size, experience and traderanges
    * Rest ware selling -> After normal sell failed & rest cargo detection
    * Improved buy behavior -> prefers current station to save flight time
    * Improved status displaying
    * After being attacked, traders blacklist current sector, jump away and then restart immediately. No more down times!
    * New Feature: With lvl 16, traders now are taking care of their safety on their own and slowly replace and upgrade their installed shields to maximum.
    * Blacklisting system of the TC/AP MK3 traders implemented. This rarely CAN cause the search routine to take a bit longer than usual. A small blacklist reduces chances of happening.
Last edited by gnasirator on Tue, 9. Jul 13, 23:58, edited 77 times in total.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 22:22

The official fix is this file which will replace the affected files with the last stable version.
This one is signed and does not require the script editor to be active.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 23:57

I know and I linked that fix already and now stressed the official status of your file.

But I just want to give the interested reader a chance to test the newer versions.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 03:35

What was actually changed in the bonus pack script ?

I ask, because I ahve a modified UT script for download, and dont know if I need to take the new one and modify it or not.
Last edited by apricotslice on Sun, 3. Sep 06, 04:02, edited 1 time in total.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 03:59

moggy2 wrote:The official fix is this file which will replace the affected files with the last stable version.
Does this fix the pilot transfer problem as well ?

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 04:20

apricotslice wrote:
moggy2 wrote:The official fix is this file which will replace the affected files with the last stable version.
Does this fix the pilot transfer problem as well ?
as far as I'm aware it puts things back to the way they were before the bonus pack screwed things up.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 04:53

moggy2 wrote:
apricotslice wrote: Does this fix the pilot transfer problem as well ?
as far as I'm aware it puts things back to the way they were before the bonus pack screwed things up.
:lol:

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 05:04

glad someone's enjoying this :roll:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 05:20

Well it means that I dont need to change my M6 version of the script :)

But .....*sigh*..... you would think the devs would have some sort of version quality control going. I mean, putting the e-cell bug back into the game is indicative of pretty bad control over old versions of anything.

They did it with the design of X3 too. Took old versions of X2 scripts to begin X3 with.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 05:30

well, the problems being introduced are my fault. don't blame the mods or anyone else for them.

and i'm actually working hard to get rid of them. with the next release (v 1.23) the probs should be history.

i just have to rewrite the fuel.xml because the recent one causes my game to ctd .... although directly after modifying, it ran excellently and without errors.

well look out for the update tomorrow.

yes, of course alternatively you can use the official fix but you're gonna miss damn many great new features ;)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 05:35

gnasirator wrote:well, the problems being introduced are my fault. don't blame the mods or anyone else for them.
Are you a ..........*gasp* .........dev ? :)
and i'm actually working hard to get rid of them. with the next release (v 1.23) the probs should be history.

i just have to rewrite the fuel.xml because the recent one causes my game to ctd .... although directly after modifying, it ran excellently and without errors.

well look out for the update tomorrow.

yes, of course alternatively you can use the official fix but you're gonna miss damn many great new features ;)
Is it possible for the Bonus pack to be recompiled, so people do not need to apply a fix over the top of it ?

Also, I did a change to the script to allow the M6 to be a ST and UT, which is quite popular with a lot of people. Any chance you could add the M6 into the official scripts ? A lot of people are modding my cargo hold into M6's and using them as Heavy Transports, hence the need for UT for them.

Edit : Also, if the procedure for moving a UT pilot changes, can this be documented formally, so that I can include it in the X3 Handbook, and have it somewhere I can quote easily when people ask. This is one often repeated question.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 05:41

while you're at it can you put a range option on the UT so I can control where it trades? I might actually use it then.

as for quality control, we have a script testing forum. Why this never got posted there for testing before inclusion only Lucike knows.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 05:47

moggy2 wrote:while you're at it can you put a range option on the UT so I can control where it trades? I might actually use it then.
Actually, the biggest UT issue is preventing them going into a sector where there is major enemy presence.

Makes no sence for a UT to enter a Xenon sector, or a sector with Khaak capital ships present. Nor should it enter a sector that is defined as an enemy one by the players race relations.

It also would be good if the player can prevent the UT from going into a Pirate sector.

These could be done with multiple commands.

UT anywhere.
UT enemy restricted.
UT enemy and pirate restricted.

etc.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 06:07

I'm against adding more commands when I feel 2 commands is one too many.

Beeing able to set a range on the UT would allow you to keep the UT in a particular part of the universe, stimulating a certain area that maybe of comercial interest to you (keeping GoD at bay), say you have stations in an area and you want to make sure the supporting Npc stations don't disappear, a UT keeping them happy should help, but at the moment the UT is likely to go off looking for richer pickings.

A ranged UT would also allow some limited control on keeping the UT away from dangerous sectors. I've played with this idea in my own game, it's actually a very simple mod, and liked it a lot.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 06:10

moggy2 wrote: A ranged UT would also allow some limited control on keeping the UT away from dangerous sectors. I've played with this idea in my own game, it's actually a very simple mod, and liked it a lot.
Yes, but it defeats the main purpose of the UT, which is to find the best deals over the whole universe.

A UT should not go into an enemy sector. If that is built in, I'll be happy. An enemy sector is also one dominated by a khaak battlegroup, but I guess that one is harder to do.

Mad Hatter
x3

Post by Mad Hatter » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 17:19

In an earlier thread, it was suggested that UT's have a threat level that the player can choose. So perhaps you tell it to avoid enemy M3's, and it will avoid any sector that meets the threat level.

Or perhaps they could use their scanner range, and jump out whenever an enemy enters range, and either pick a new product to buy, or sell wares somewhere else. (Though I don't know what event triggers there are or how performance intensive that would be.)

Something needs to be done though. UT's are painfully stupid at the present.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 00:37

well it actually IS built in. the universe trader checks every sector it flies to/through for enemy activities. and as far as I have noticed it the trader does indeed not fly into these sectors. but if enemies jump into the target sector AFTER that check was done, the trader won't notice anymore ...
well maybe I'll add more frequent enemy checks in the future.
but np for that reason the new uts have the emergency EZ reserves so that in case of an attack they ALWAYS have at least 60EZ for emergency jumps (up to 5 sectors away).

actually the only way to permanently prevent the trader from flying into a sector is to set it to status unknown.

hmm but it would be easy to change the checksector script a little bit to prevent the ut from trading with stations in pirate/xenon/khaak sectors at all ... pirates do always hate players? or is there a way to get them friendly? if it is i have to implement a check ...

btw i've released a new major upgrade. it's worth the download.
Are you a ..........*gasp* .........dev ?
hehe no i'm not. i'm just a fan who was unsatisfied with the ut's behavior, dared to look into the scripts and learned scripting by that way:)

yep lucike put my script into the BP. but it really was too early. so in the next bp versions this stuff will no longer be in. testing first.
if only I had known all the bugs by that time... :)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 02:01

What is the download url ?

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 02:09

send it to scripts@egosoft.com when it's ready for testing.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 12:19

@moggy2:
ah okay thanks i'll do that!
just one more day of personal testing by myself. just to make sure ...
btw:
A ranged UT would also allow some limited control on keeping the UT away from dangerous sectors. I've played with this idea in my own game, it's actually a very simple mod, and liked it a lot.
There IS such a script in the german forum made by lucike.
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... t=#1528703

and for the non-german speakings the direct download links:
Script
Libraries
both are necessary. enjoy !

@apricotslice:
you can find the url at page 1.
Last edited by gnasirator on Tue, 5. Sep 06, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”