[Bonus Plugin] Commercial Agent

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

moggy2
x3ap

[Bonus Plugin] Commercial Agent

Post by moggy2 » Thu, 24. Aug 06, 20:13

Name: Commercial Agent
Version: 3.2.00
Date: 06.08.2006
Scripter: Lucike
  • Overview

The Commercial Agent, as a representative for his homebase, will buy and sell wares for his homebase within a certain jumprange. Over time the pilot will learn to use this software more efficiently; nobody starts out as an expert. Additionally, he might participate in special training courses by utilizing his trading computer extension. Those training courses are offered in the pilot's homebase at specified time intervals.

Quickstart

1. Equip a TS class transporter with Navigation Software MK1, Trading System Extension, Trade Command Software MK1 and MK2
    2. Assign a homebase
    3. Choose the command "Start Commercial representation"

Additional pilot qualifications:

Apprentice
    The apprentice buys resources for his homebase. The apprentice is carrying out his probationary period in your enterprise and doesn't get a salary during this time.
    Auxiliary courier
    The auxiliary courier buys resources and sells products for his homebase. Furthermore, he can buy or sell goods to equipment docks and trade stations. He can also have these stations as homebase. The auxiliary courier is paid a wage of 20 credits per mizura flown, paid after each trip.
    Courier
    The courier coordinates with his homebase and sector colleagues. He will equip his ship with more speed and agility, and fighter drones if they can be bought in the current sector. The courier is paid a wage of 25 credits per mizura flown, paid after each trip.
    Freighter pilot 2nd class
    The freighter pilot 2nd class can handle intermediate products of a complex in addition to its products and resources. He can use a jumpdrive if one is installed. The freighter pilot 2nd class is paid a wage of 30 credits per mizura flown, paid after each trip.
    Freighter pilot 1st class
    The freighter pilot 1st class monitors the financial situation of his homebase and when funds are too low he will only sell products. He also monitors the trade radio traffic and does not enter any sectors with enemy ships or pirates. The freighter pilot 1st class is paid a wage of 35 credits per mizura flown, paid after each trip.
    Freighter pilot
    The freighter pilot searches for new trade possibilities during flight and takes care of these, if possible, in the current flight. Furthermore, he keeps his ship in good condition and repairs it at a shipyard when needed. The freighter pilot is paid a wage of 40 credits per mizura flown, paid after each trip.

Equipment and Prerequisites:

- A small class ship (M5, M4, M3, TS, TP) or a ship of the corvette class (M6)
    - Trade Command Software MK1 and MK2
    - Navigation Software MK1
    - Fight Command Software MK1 (optional: change the behaviour at contact with the enemy)
    - Boost Extension (optional: increases the jump energy reserve from 10% to 20% of maximum cargo)
    - Duplex- and Triplex-Scanner (optional: decreases the minimum jump range by one sector)
    - Trading System Extension (optional: needed to participate in training courses)
    - Jump drive (optional: can be utilized after a special training course)

Usage:

The command "Start Commercial representation" in the Trade Menu is visible if the ship has the necessary software installed and meets the other prerequisites.

In general, the pilot deals with the complete line of wares at his homebase. However, the pilot can be ordered not to trade with certain wares. The ware's lock is toggled with the command "Ware lock/unlock" in the Additional Ship Commands Menu.

The command "Configuration", found in the Additional Ship Commands Menu, can handle many things. Here is a list of all possible orders.

Input - {0} {0} {0}
    The pilot sends a report containing the payment received up to now, the flight time and the income.
    Input - {0} {1} {X}
    The pilot adds informations to the name of the ship.
    (X = 0 Information service deactivate; X = 1 Extended information)
    Input - {0} {4} {X}
    The pilot logs the transaction data of every transaction to the company server. (Logfile 8001). (X = 0 deactivate; X = 1 activate)
    Input - {1} {0} {0}
    The pilot deletes all his operating data.
    Input - {1} {1} {0}
    The pilot deletes his achievements overview.

Using the command "Configuration" the buying and selling settings for hte pilot can be adjusted. Here a list of all possible orders.

Input - {2} {0} {1}
    The pilot does not trade with other Player-owned stations.
    Input - {3} {0} {0}
    The settings are reset to default.

Input - {3} {1} {A}
    Apprentice or higher: Resources are bought when stock is below A% (default 80%)

Input - {3} {2} {B}
    Apprentice or higher: Resources are bought when the station's credit balance is at least B Credits (default 30,000 credits)

Input - {3} {3} {C}
    Auxiliary Courier or higher: Products are sold when stock is above C% (default 20%)

Input - {3} {4} {D}
    Auxiliary Courier or higher: Products are sold if the pilot can load D% into his cargobay (default 30%)

Input - {3} {5} {E}
    Freighter Pilot 1st class or higher: Ignore the product selling regulations if the station's bank balance is below E Credits (default 20,000 Credits)

Input - {3} {6} {F}
    Freighter Pilot 2nd class or higher: Buy intermediate products when stock is below F% (default 10%) and when the station's credit balance is at least B Credits (default 30,000 credits).

Input - {3} {7} {G}
    Freighter Pilot or higher: Intermediate products are sold when stock is above G% (default 80%)

Input - {4} {X} {Y}
    The pilot uses the sector at coordinates X, Y as the center for his jump radius.
    Otherwise, the pilot uses the stations' sector as the center.

Further information:

Special: On the initial start no commodity is allowed to be loaded on the ship, except installed weapons and shields, missiles of any type, combat drones and jump energy. If you deliver commodities to a tl class transporter no credits are being transferred. You can only select trading stations, equipment docks or tl class transporters as suppliers if they are set to be the homebase of the ship. No credits are being transferred in this case, too.

Jump Drive: If a jump drive is installed, the pilot will supply himself with energy from the homebase. He may buy energy from other sources, too, if he is not doing a chain supply tour. The pilot may jump to adjacent sectors if both scanner types (duplex/triplex) are installed. Normally a jump will only be done if the distance is at least one sector in between. Scanner range is not being enhanced.

Enemy contact: If the freighter has the Fight Command Software MK1, then the pilot may make his ship safer. He buys fight drones in the current sector and equip his ship with more speed and agility. If the experienced pilot has a jump drive, then he can venture into unsafe sectors.

Important: If the pilot works for a complex and his complex is changed during his work, he may need new orders when his current flight is complete.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 02:21

No conflicts with Lucike's script and Xai Corp's NOS? (NOS is the best ever friend of non-Jumpdrive equipped traders!)

I especially like that Lucike's script doesn't need a player navsat present in sectors as a prerequisite for trading in that sector, as with Naffarin's otherwise superb Station Trader v1.25a.

jumbled
x4

Post by jumbled » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 03:30

I've heard this version is supposed to be compatible with the carrier cmds script now (not that I use that other script, but it's what I heard)?

Also, I see it looks like some of the pilot commands are different from your previous version. Buying/selling settings now come off the "3 x x" sequence instead of the "1 x x" sequence?

Is this a drop-in replacement to the older version, or do I need to uninstall/reinstall and turn all my ships off before upgrading?

Donsja
x3tc

Post by Donsja » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 22:08

i seem to have a problem with it. After some time some of my CA is not doing anything just on standby on there homebase. I got cr in my account, and the station got about 20mill too. The base needs energy cells and i set it to buy at max 12cr and there theres a even a powerplant that sells it at 12cr

so whats wrong?

edit:
they are also the highest rank, so they should be able to take care of it.
Even if i set the buy price to 20cr they dont do anything.
But this is only happening on one of my complexes. They others works fine...

edit2:
hmm, when i manual transfer enery to the complex they will sell the wheat, and when theres no more to sell and the base runs out of energy, they will just stay on standby

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 23:39

Donsja wrote:so whats wrong?
Please use the Bonus Pack Version.

-> http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 00#1791400

Donsja
x3tc

Post by Donsja » Mon, 28. Aug 06, 01:42

i installed the bonus pack, but now they act weird...
they do transfer there energy cell, but they take it back just after
So the complex is still without energy

edit
and now its like a desis, im getting the problem all over the x-univers, not all though, but some

Ruut
xr

Post by Ruut » Mon, 28. Aug 06, 13:57

Is It compatible with MK3 ?

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Mon, 28. Aug 06, 15:17

Donsja wrote:So the complex is still without energy
Please send me your savegame. I look at your game.

xscripts@lucike.info
Ruut wrote:Is It compatible with MK3 ?
Why not? Yes it's compatible with T-MK3.

Donsja
x3tc

Post by Donsja » Mon, 28. Aug 06, 17:52

i fixed the problem, by dismissing the pilot and startet them from scratch. And now they are working great :D

just weird why they did it

Kurny
x3

Post by Kurny » Mon, 28. Aug 06, 23:24

Hi,

I've got a complex which does not require resources, but produces all sorts of weapons and shields. I thought the best way to sell all the different products was to use 5 M6 Commercial Agents, so that they would be a bit protected with their expensive load. Now when I start commercial trading my ships just dock at the complex and the command says "Commercial Trader ... Standby". However I have a lot of products available to sell.

I build my complex in an Unknown sector without any other stations. except for my own equipment dock, which is already full with products.

Out of neccesity I'm manually sending them of the "sell for best price". But I cannot buy +15 M6 ships to put one on each resource :P

Question:
It there a possibility to add defence ships to a commercial agent which would also jump? I really don't like my M6's to fly alone, since I'm very close to xenon and pirate sectors.

Thanks,
Kurny

Donsja
x3tc

Post by Donsja » Mon, 28. Aug 06, 23:40

the best thing to do is dismissing your pilots and start them from scratch, but maybe it would be a good idea to send Lucike your saved game so he can see the problem :)

Donsja
x3tc

Post by Donsja » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 06:42

i seem to have a new problem now... o_O now they just dock and undock and dont do anything. Ill send my save after this post, hope you can fix this :)

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 08:49

I got the savegame, but also install the new version (3.1.01) and see if it solves the problems.

I look in the savegame, I'm very much interested. ;)

Greets
Lucike

Kurny
x3

Post by Kurny » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 21:42

I already fired the pilot's and rehired them, didn't help.

I've first installed the upgrade which contained also the seperate Commercial Software MKI & II, Transporter, etc. I downloaded manually the update of the Commercial agent (seperate script)

Do the upgrade and the seperate script files cause a conflict?

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 22:05

@Kurny

Are the products intermediate products? Apprentice can't trade with intermediate products.
The freighter pilot 2nd class can handle intermediate products of a complex in addition to its products and resources. He can use a jumpdrive if one is installed. The freighter pilot 2nd class is paid a wage of 30 credits per mizura flown, paid after each trip.
@Donsja

Please install the newest Bonus Pack (3.1.01)

Greets
Lucike

Donsja
x3tc

Post by Donsja » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 04:07

hey again :)
yeah i have installed the new patch, but there seem to do the same problem.
hmm, maybe its because as you sayd to @Kurny that they might be Apprentice. Ill have to check

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 07:16

Donsja wrote:hmm, maybe its because as you sayd to @Kurny that they might be Apprentice. Ill have to check
Yes, your complex in Duke's Domain has also EC as intermediate products.

Greets
Lucike

Donsja
x3tc

Post by Donsja » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 10:40

i checked, and problem is still there, even with the highest lvl.
still on standby...

weird bug :?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 11:32

Stupid question. EQdocks and Trade Stations. Do they have resources, products, or both?

IIRC, the X2 BPH/ATC could only buy to them, and never sell. That was by design.

So if I place my Trade Dock next to NPC one, both stock ware X, and both have "average" price, what will CA do?

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 12:32

@Donsja

Which scripts did you still install? Your savegame freezes here.

@jlehtone

The CA buys goods, if the EQ Dock is closed for the races and sells goods, if the dock is opened.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”