NEWS: X³ Reunion - Bonus Pack 3.1.04 [updated-13-10-06]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JuanCudz
x3

Post by JuanCudz » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 16:19

Cheers! This is good news for anyone on a vanilla build or new players, but my current modded game has most of these features and a few more, and more to the point is stable, so I'll give this a miss for now...
"I had an Alfredo Garibaldi under my command during the Dilgar invasion. Excellent soldier."
"That's my dad."
"So much for genetics."
-- General Richard Franklin and Garibaldi in Babylon 5:"GROPOS"

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 16:53

FyreByrd wrote:Uh-oh...

Really disappointed with this...really the only thing it adds over half an hour on the s&m forum d/ling scripts is that you don't get the modified tag...and really once you've played through the game once clean i don't reckon the modified tag is really that big a deal...I'll stick with xfp if it's all the same to you.

Cheers

FyreByrd
not really sure what you was expecting, but all the bonus pack is, is a selection of scripts that were originally in the scripting and modding forum made by the community

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 17:13

JuanCudz wrote:Cheers! This is good news for anyone on a vanilla build
And there's quite a lot of us out there :D
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 18:44

Unfortunately, Station Manager ships don't behave as their supposed to. As I've posted in the L3 Script Testing thread.

Can someone poke AalaarDB and get him to check this out?
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 19:25

X3FreakCartman asked on the german version of this thread whether the RTD still has ... something ... that leads to infinite ... something (I really hate it that I cannot read that language :evil: ). No answer. And naturally some asked why "complexbuilder" by "triple??" was not included. The latter omission I do understand, it does not exist in english and is quite new, relatively. The english S&M probably hasn't even noticed it. Kind of shame.

The official thread for questions and feedback for each script in the pack exist in the Scripts&Modding forum. Signed scripts are not about "normal" gameplay nor about technical problems. Apparently, the L3 Script Testing did not receive enough coverage, so the "official" release ...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 19:29

well its only the first release of the bonus pack, and if X2 is anything to go by, there will be more in the future with more scripts added.

but just so everyone knows, egosoft dont look on the forums and choose which scripts are added, its upto the authers of the scritps to send them in and agree to spend time working on them

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 19:54

Jakesnake5 wrote:Unfortunately, Station Manager ships don't behave as their supposed to. As I've posted in the L3 Script Testing thread.

Can someone poke AalaarDB and get him to check this out?
You mean they actually are supposed to do something besides sit in the complex dock :o

I think they can't handle the comlexes in any way, I couldn't get mine to fudge from my energy station (free energy loop, no products just intermediate resources), as a reason I think "it" thinks the energy is resource and thus won't sell it.

btw it's really annoying to look at the scripts now since theyr half english half german, REALLY hard to find what your looking for.

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 21:43

I have read all of the posts and I do think that this Bonus Pack is a cool thing. My only question is if I already have those scripts installed from the person who wrote them will it just replace them and will it in anyway cause troubles with the other scripts and extra ships I have added to the game already?

Thank you for the Bonus Pack.
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
256 gd boot ssd and 1 tb data ssd
Windows 10

Ammok Rules
x3

Post by Ammok Rules » Sat, 26. Aug 06, 00:49

I got a vanilla game, these look interesting. :)
lIfE iS a bOwL oF cHeRrIeS

Syklon
x3

Post by Syklon » Sat, 26. Aug 06, 01:59

esd wrote: It's a bonus pack of scripts made by players that Egosoft have decided are good enough to allow players to use without marking their game as modified.
Thought the modified tag was an x2 thing :? as my game is about as modified as it can get yet i lack the modified tag

anyway at the very least i'm sure scripters will be happy for the command slots this will open up, and all the vanilla users out there will be happy to get signed stuff

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Sat, 26. Aug 06, 02:41

Anyone know if I must remove my current Station Manager Script? I'm thinking the one in the bonus pack is the same one I'm using now (same amount to initially start.) Thank you.

CDc

P.S. Station Manager by burianek & aalaardb is the one I use.

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Sat, 26. Aug 06, 02:46

Syklon wrote:Thought the modified tag was an x2 thing :? as my game is about as modified as it can get yet i lack the modified tag
The modified tag is still there, somewhere in the sub-menus rather than stamped across the screen.
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 26. Aug 06, 03:26

To see the 'Modified' tag, open up the player stats window, and scroll all the way to the bottom. That's where it'll say 'Modified'

In X2 it was annoying. X3, you have to LOOK for it. :D
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Syklon
x3

Post by Syklon » Sat, 26. Aug 06, 07:48

o, okay, well obvously it isnt bugging me or preventing me from doing anything :lol:

Data_Machine
x3tc

Post by Data_Machine » Sat, 26. Aug 06, 21:39

For some reason none of these scripts are working in my game. I have an unmoded steam version and the scripts are in the correct folder, they just don't do anything in game.....help!

Paajtor
x3

Post by Paajtor » Sat, 26. Aug 06, 22:37

Did you reboot after installing the bonus-pack?
It's something I do after patching any game, to make sure everything is correctly entered into the XP-registry.

Another thing: I have the boxed X3, so I don't know how X3 on Steam looks, but I have RedOrchestra Ostfront41-45 through Steam, and this game has the option to verify the game-cache...if anything fuzzy is being discovered in RO, then Steam automatically corrects the missing/faulty data.
Does X3-Steam have this option?

Launch Steam, MyGames-tab, highlight X3, click on Properties, Local Files tab, Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 26. Aug 06, 22:54

well rebooting shouldn't really be nescessary.

have you made sure the directory is correct that you installed it to, and also that the script files do exists there.

once thing you could do, is enable the script editor and goto the scripts list and c if the new ones are displayed there.

NOTE: you dont need to script editor enable to use them, its jsut way one to view they are installed in the correct place

teki
x3tc

Post by teki » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 00:38

Thank you for releasing signed scripts :)

Data_Machine
x3tc

Post by Data_Machine » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 05:25

The scripts are in C:\ProgramFiles\Egosoft\X3\scripts. There are a total of 144 files in there of which 134 are the bonus scripts, as well as the 440010.pck file in the "t" folder and 5 other files in the discription folder. I opened the sript editor in game just to see which scripts were running and there are only 54.....is that right??

Oh and I verrified the cache files and had no problems there.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 05:44

when u look at the scripts, you want to go into the scripts list, rather than the ones that are running.

also, if you have the steam version of the game, the directory is most likly wrong, as the steam version doesn't put it in Program Files\Egosoft\X3.

it puts it inside the main steam directory in steamapps.

and one more thing, there should be well over 200 script files in the directory, there are over 200 scripts that get installed with the standard games.

with just the standard game and bonus pack installed i have over 400 files in the directory

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”