[Bonus Plugin] Remote Transporter Device

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

moggy2
x3ap

[Bonus Plugin] Remote Transporter Device

Post by moggy2 » Thu, 24. Aug 06, 20:03

Name: Remote Transporter Device (RTD)
Version: 2.4
Date: 04.06.2006
Scripter: moggy2
  • Overview
    The Remote Transporter Device Software enables the Transporter Device to be activated via a ship's command interface.
    Ships with the transporter device installed will have access to the new command in the Additional Ship Commands Menu. This command allows the ship to transfer cargo between two ships within 5km, without interupting any ship's current flight command.
    Note that command queuing employed by this script allows the device to retrieve items from one ship and pass them straight on to another without rematerialising them first. This means that the source and target can be two completely separate ships, unlike the standard transporter device console which only allows transfers to and from the ship with the Transporter Device.

Using the Remote Transporter Device
    The command takes 3 inputs:
    1. select a source ship and ware
    2. enter the quantity to transfer
    3. select a target ship.

The device will not function if either ship is outside the 5km range of the ship with the device. If a quantity larger than the amount available, or can be fitted into the free space on the target, is selected the quantity is automatically adjusted down to an appropriate value. Negative quatities are treated as positive values and do not affect the direction of transport.

Limitations
    The main difference from the standard operation of the Transporter Device is that you cannot transfer ship upgrades such as jumpdrives or Ore Collecters. This is due to the fact that the ships' command systems are required to be active during the opereation, and so the cannot be powered down while equipment is removed. Under normal operations the Transporter Device operates independantly of the ship's command systems.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 21:04

Hi, the german forum had a question about RTD, but I fail to translate (ie understand it). Whatever it is, I hope that the answer is "no". :?:

Martin Logan
x3

xfp

Post by Martin Logan » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 21:07

this might be a good adition to the xperiment fusion project if you want to ill notify them about this im sure it will be doable and a great adition of course feel free to press the link my sig

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 21:21

jlehtone wrote:Hi, the german forum had a question about RTD, but I fail to translate (ie understand it). Whatever it is, I hope that the answer is "no". :?:
I don't read German. can anyone translate?

JabbatheHutt
x3

Post by JabbatheHutt » Sat, 26. Aug 06, 01:17

X3FreakCartman [KBG] asks if the RTD from XAI corp still has the error that you can transfer the shields out of a "GT" and by that way duplicating the shields endlessly

I don´t got the fines idea what is a "GT"
What matters is not the size of a warrior in a fight, it is the size of the fight in the warrior - Cartoon Network

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sat, 26. Aug 06, 02:18

first I've heard of that problem :?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 26. Aug 06, 07:47

Now I remember, X3FreakCartman [KBG] writes in english too, I'll PM.

Edit: Got reply: "GT is the Abbreviation of Geschützturm, which means Laser Tower. "

PAC-man
x3

Post by PAC-man » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 08:27

When I saw this i thought, finally, i can transport MYSELF remotely to another ship if it has the RTD! Sometimes i hop around, and its very annoying to get stuck in a ship that lacks a transporter device. However, it appears that it's not possible to do this?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 08:37

Not possible. Only ware transfer. Not even upgrades.

To me, the most important bit is the remote transfer. In sector, I'm usually present too. :roll:

PAC-man
x3

Post by PAC-man » Fri, 8. Sep 06, 03:48

Ah it's so dumb how you can't do that! Is there any script out there to allow one to operate a transporter device remotely? Calling up info on another ship equipped with a transporter device should just give the same two commands as they do when you have a td on your own ship. I want to beam myself over, dammit! :twisted:

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 8. Sep 06, 04:02

1. scripts cannot change the ship you are in
  2. scripts cannot show you a list of upgrades on a ship for you to choose from, hence the no transporting upgrades.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 8. Sep 06, 08:35

moggy2 wrote:
  1. scripts cannot show you a list of upgrades on a ship for you to choose from, hence the no transporting upgrades.
Although ... one can check the presence of any one upgrade. So one could list the upgrades present, but the script has to know "all" upgrades beforehand, which is not dynamic. And without 'selectable' list ...

One could probably make a "Transfer standard set of upgrades" command. However, the problem is the definition of 'standard'.

pmenso57
x4

Post by pmenso57 » Wed, 18. Oct 06, 12:35

Exploit report:

Use the remote transporter to transport one of your shields to yourself--instant full shields.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 18. Oct 06, 12:40

pmenso57 wrote:Exploit report:

Use the remote transporter to transport one of your shields to yourself--instant full shields.
If you do transfer the shield between two different ships, what happens then? The vanilla manual method does transfer "empty" shields.

I guess source==destination should be banned anyway as "pointless".

pmenso57
x4

Post by pmenso57 » Wed, 18. Oct 06, 12:51

jlehtone wrote:
pmenso57 wrote:Exploit report:

If you do transfer the shield between two different ships, what happens then? The vanilla manual method does transfer "empty" shields.

I guess source==destination should be banned anyway as "pointless".
If you have two ships and use the remote transporter to transfer a shield from one to the other and then back, the shields will still be instantly charged. That occurs even if you aren't in either ship. The problem is not that you can transfer stuff from yourself to yourself (which, I agree, is pointless), but that the remote transporter always transfers shields such that the target's shields are fully charged.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 18. Oct 06, 17:02

Idea:

The LT formally can have 125 MJ shield. It cannot be installed without a script. I know this adds complexity, but could RTD allow "destroy 25MJ in LT and put in 125MJ"? Assuming that is not considered unbalancing. The 'upgrade' would still be manual, and probably useless OOS.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

madcaddie
x3

Post by madcaddie » Thu, 19. Oct 06, 08:06

Is it possible to expand this script so that ships docked at stations can transfer cargo?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 19. Oct 06, 09:50

madcaddie wrote:Is it possible to expand this script so that ships docked at stations can transfer cargo?
Have a look at Fleet Support Package (FSUP). It can do that and couple other neat things as well. Of course, it is not signed, but who knows if it will be one day. Fair chance.

The name of RTD already states that it is about Transporter Device. One clear purpose. Simple things have less bugs. :wink:

Blackstar1989

No download link apparently

Post by Blackstar1989 » Thu, 26. Jun 08, 03:16

Om new here and unfortunately I don't see anything that looks like a download link. Can someone tell me how to download this?

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Thu, 26. Jun 08, 05:07

It's part of the Bonus Pack. You need to download and install the bonus pack to get it.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”