Controling > 1 ship???

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jammin1984

Controling > 1 ship???

Post by Jammin1984 » Mon, 21. Aug 06, 23:46

Hi all,

Im new to the X universe, and im enthraled! Up there with freelancer and Elite II.

Right, i started on normal and just got enough cash to buy my first frieghter. I cant figure out how to send one ship to some destination then to leave and control my other ship.

If, when docked, (and in my Buster) I go to personal then the frieghter, then command console and send it somewhere it switches me to the HUD of the frieghter with a course for that destination.

The only way i can manage to do this is, broadcast a message (from my Buster) to all ships (ie my freighter) to 'follow me' then once both have undocked, click on the freighter then its command console and send it where i want to go. Im then free to leave this on its merry way and fly quickly my Buster there myself.

Is there a proper way to do this?

Thanks.

<edit> Also, where is good to sell Stott spices? Thanks

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 21. Aug 06, 23:57

Assuming you're not physically in the freighter, here's what you do from inside a station. Choose the 'Station' option from the main icon bar at the bottom. Then choose ships. Both your ships should be listed if they're both docked at the same station. Choose the freighter, then cursor down the menu that pops up to 'Command Console'. There, you'll have all the options to control that ship remotely, depending on the software installed. Even the basic Navigation menu should have sufficient commands for what you need.

You do something similar if the freighter is docked at another station. You just need to access that station's menu system first, and choose 'landed ships' to gain access to yours. If in space, then access your freighter through the sector map list. One final way to access all your ships is to use the Property Menu with the 'r' key.

Just remember, to control your remote ships, you always need to access that ship's 'Command Console'. Good Luck. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 01:46

Or, if you are in space, hit "R" for owned ships and stations. Then select the line with that ship and hit enter, then select Command menu. You can give commands, from anywhere, to any of your ships or stations.

Note that, if you are in a ship and you give it a command and then jump out to go to one of your other ships, the command in the first ship is cancelled and it stops. Transfer first, and then give the command remotely to the first ship. :)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 23. Aug 06, 03:55

Please note, I just used chunks of this thread for a new guide. Fully attributed. If you do not wish me to use anything here above, please let me know, otherwise I will assume it was fine.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Wed, 23. Aug 06, 03:57

apricotslice wrote:Please note, I just used chunks of this thread for a new guide. Fully attributed. If you do not wish me to use anything here above, please let me know, otherwise I will assume it was fine.
Ok by me. :D
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Mazer
x3

Post by Mazer » Wed, 23. Aug 06, 04:01

register your game
You know you have had enough when you dock at a pirate base and toss a couple bucks at the monitor...

Mazer

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 23. Aug 06, 04:07

Mazer wrote:register your game
Its no longer a requirement here, since Steam doesnt give a code.

Mazer
x3

Post by Mazer » Wed, 23. Aug 06, 04:12

wow, i guess it has been a long time since i have been on here. im way out of the loop. sorry to misinform and thanks for letting me know.
You know you have had enough when you dock at a pirate base and toss a couple bucks at the monitor...

Mazer

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Wed, 23. Aug 06, 06:56

You need the Trading System Extension in your ship to trade stuff remotely, otherwise the trading screen just goes black.

Cahoona Bakeries use Stott Spices amongst other stations.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 23. Aug 06, 07:19

To be more specific, NPC stations use them, player stations do not.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 24. Aug 06, 09:33

Carl Sumner wrote:Or, if you are in space, hit "R" for owned ships and stations. Then select the line with that ship and hit enter, then select Command menu. You can give commands, from anywhere, to any of your ships or stations.
I can save you one keypress. :P

Whenever you see a list of your ships, be it the Property menu (the R), the sector map, or a list of landed ships, you can press 'c' directly without selecting the highlighted ship with 'enter'. There you are, in the Command menu.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”