The Donts of the X Universe and other stupid mistakes.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Thu, 13. Jul 06, 20:26

I disabled noification on eject, hit the wrong key in a dogfight and watched my ride fly off into the distance while the enemy closed in....
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

gradea
x3tc

Post by gradea » Thu, 13. Jul 06, 21:46

Dont... Forget to micromanage your sector traders... Entire group of them were idle for hours while I went to enjoy some Xenon rading fun.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 13. Jul 06, 21:50

Two parts:

Part A: Don't hit the "L" button when you're targeting a newly captured ship.

Part B: Don't have firestorm torpedos loaded when attmpting to transfer freight. See A.

shane-oh
x4

Post by shane-oh » Fri, 14. Jul 06, 09:58

(X2)DO try getting chased across a Xenon sector by two M2's while you are in a Nova (The Nova is slower than the M2's and its good fun) DON'T forget to save.

DON'T approach a station while you are manually docking at full speed thinking "yeah ill be able to slow down before i hit" particularly if you have been docking using the auto pilot for ages.

DON'T use autopilot to fight in the ship you are using, fight yourself (not literally)

junj.chan
x3tc

Post by junj.chan » Fri, 14. Jul 06, 13:51

Fallingwater wrote:
junj.chan wrote: and one more: DON'T fly an M6
Why?
because they are useless, imho.
I have two, fly each of them for a while then went back to my mamba raider.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 14. Jul 06, 14:07

junj.chan wrote:
Fallingwater wrote:
junj.chan wrote: and one more: DON'T fly an M6
Why?
because they are useless, imho.
I have two, fly each of them for a while then went back to my mamba raider.
I'd change that to :

Dont fly an UNMODIFIED M6.

The only ship I fly is the Apricot Gunbus :)

Fallingwater

Post by Fallingwater » Fri, 14. Jul 06, 16:20

Don't think you can prevent NPC traders from entering a station by poisitioning yourself in front of the dock.
I was waiting for a power plant to produce enough cells to get to 9 credits, and I saw a NPC mercury was heading for the SPP, obviously to buy cells. So I put my own mercury in front of the dock expecting the NPC autopilot to maneuver to avoid me, SETAed for a bit, and promptly died as the NPC ship crashed into me, bumping my ship enough that it crashed into the station.

Black Gryphon
x4

Post by Black Gryphon » Fri, 14. Jul 06, 17:47

Don't forget to upgrade the shield on your new M2... I couldn't figure out why a couple of priates were damaging my brand new Titan. It had GPPC's and BPPC's everywhere...But everytime I got the ship under attack message I would look and it was suffering hull damage.. After repaing it several times at $20 Mill a wack I pulled it back to my base to look at it... Imagine my chagrin when I saw it still only had 1 125 MJ shield :oops:

Actorius
x4

Post by Actorius » Sat, 15. Jul 06, 01:30

Black Gryphon wrote:Don't forget to upgrade the shield on your new M2... I couldn't figure out why a couple of priates were damaging my brand new Titan. It had GPPC's and BPPC's everywhere...But everytime I got the ship under attack message I would look and it was suffering hull damage.. After repaing it several times at $20 Mill a wack I pulled it back to my base to look at it... Imagine my chagrin when I saw it still only had 1 125 MJ shield :oops:
yeowch.... <makes mental note>

shane-oh
x4

Post by shane-oh » Sun, 16. Jul 06, 12:24

Don't pull the wings off space flies

toujour
x3

Post by toujour » Mon, 17. Jul 06, 11:27

Don't post on the forum when your boss is looking at your screen.

mcjomar
x3tc

Post by mcjomar » Mon, 17. Jul 06, 11:54

just a hint for getting across xenon sectors.

Dive!

dive below the ecliptic plane, as far below as possible, on seta, then go across to the gate you're trying to get to, then come up again.

just make sure to pray while you're at it.

it works for me (altho i dont do the praying bit, but you get the idea)

shane-oh
x4

Post by shane-oh » Mon, 17. Jul 06, 11:54

Don't forget to install windscreen wipers on your ships, you can't get out of your ship in the middle of a busy sector to clean spacefly (or the pilot whose ship you are about to capture's) guts off your windscreen

Don't cook your tea over the jets of your ship.
Don't pull the wings off space flies
I have half a mind to kill you, and the other half agrees
A cat for a hat, or a hat for a cat. But nothing for nothing.

Cynix
x3tc

Post by Cynix » Mon, 17. Jul 06, 12:05

Dont keep firing when trying to capture ships.....Doh *3

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Mon, 17. Jul 06, 23:59

If your piloting a Hercules, do not dock or undock while another capital size ship is also docking or undocking. BOOM the hercules is so fat that it scrapes the edge of the other ship ( well the collision does the ship itself doesn't :( ( go figure )

Actorius
x4

Post by Actorius » Tue, 18. Jul 06, 01:15

DONT, shortly after activating THAT part in the storyline where the paranid get paranoid, sit in paranid prime, hunting those few pirates, thinking that you can boost your rep again.

Well.... *if* you do sit in PP... make sure you know where the cap ships are.... OH LOOK a snowball...... uh-oh

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 18. Jul 06, 02:26

While running LVs Race Response Fleets, don't accidentally hit a NPC station with Hammerhead or Firestorm missiles.

Result: Christmas Time, with a side order of Typhoons. :D
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Actorius
x4

Post by Actorius » Tue, 18. Jul 06, 02:35

Jakesnake5 wrote:While running LVs Race Response Fleets, don't accidentally hit a NPC station with Hammerhead or Firestorm missiles.

Result: Christmas Time, with a side order of Typhoons. :D
I am actually tempted, now that i am in THAT part of the story line, to hire a few other races TLs and send them into paranid space... and sit back and wait for race responce fleets kick in.....

gradea
x3tc

Post by gradea » Tue, 18. Jul 06, 03:26

Serious hint. Don't get directly behind a pirate nova. The rear has an AHEPT. The front has APACs. Now which would you rather have hit you?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”