The Donts of the X Universe and other stupid mistakes.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Colonelnj10
x3

Post by Colonelnj10 » Tue, 4. Jul 06, 03:00

better yet, don't park in front of a ga
YAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!
(M2 enters gate where I parked Dumba$$ me!)

Actorius
x4

Post by Actorius » Tue, 4. Jul 06, 03:13

OOPS.... this was one i just discovered....

DONT change your mind and issue that TL with a move command, especially when you moments away from docking into the no longer stationary TL.... which brings me to the next one

DONT strafe drive with a high manueverable ship in the small confines of docking bay... more so if said docking bay is moving... the fast strafe makes it impossible... its a wonder i didnt get any hull damage and can now say with certainty that i know what a bouncy rubber ball feels like

Ammok Rules
x3

Post by Ammok Rules » Tue, 4. Jul 06, 19:25

Colonelnj10 wrote:better yet, don't park in front of a ga
YAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!
(M2 enters gate where I parked Dumba$$ me!)
thats happened a few times to me, enter at 13m/s forget to press boost, and a few secs later a big tug boat comes through the gate and me :(
lIfE iS a bOwL oF cHeRrIeS

prastagus2
x4

Post by prastagus2 » Thu, 6. Jul 06, 18:36

so that's why autopilot always guide my ship through the corners of a gate.

UlteriorModem
x3

Post by UlteriorModem » Thu, 6. Jul 06, 19:50

prastagus2 wrote:so that's why autopilot always guide my ship through the corners of a gate.
I usually dont let the ap take me through a gate and steer for the edge of the outgoing side (just to be safe).

Dont : Spend every last credit you have repairing your only freighter :lol: Having a repaired frieighter is good, not being able to buy anything to put in it bad.

Fallingwater

Post by Fallingwater » Tue, 11. Jul 06, 16:59

Don't jump in an asteroid rich system and open up the universe map to read about the sector you just left.
I didn't actually die, because after a while I noticed the map had gotten strangely darker, and managed to bank hard just in time to avoid splatting my Paranid M5 on a huge ass asteroid like a fly on a windshield. But it was close. Now I always make sure I'm heading somewhere empty before opening menus.

Don't start the X2 mission in Nyana's hideout with an M4.
I was curious and started it, then saw Khaak clusters and barely had time to think "oh crap" before being blown to bits.
Went back after a while with a fully maxed out capped Khaak M3 (got lucky as it retained all its weaponry) just to see how they liked their own guns fired at them :twisted:

Don't attack one pirate ship in a convoy of 5 thinking you can blow it, swipe the cargo and leave before a hormet missile slams into you and scatters your pieces all over the place.

DarkWrath

Post by DarkWrath » Wed, 12. Jul 06, 11:22

Dont double click the fire missile button in an m4 when you're carring Synapsys missilles...
dont try to get a khaak destroyer following you(in a m5) into the atmosfere of a planet hopping he would not stop... he has better shields than you!
dont tell a hired mamoth to follow you and then hit reverse thrust to fire a missile in a pirate... The TL is about 150 m behind so....

Aramaye

Post by Aramaye » Wed, 12. Jul 06, 15:53

Don't spend half an hour beating back a Xenon invasion in Thynn's Abyss, only to get destroyed when you hit the station that came out of nowhere whilst strafing....

which leads me to my next moment of brilliance...

Don't try and get to safety by crossing the adjoining Xenon sector in a spacesuit :lol:

clearly I'd had too much Space Fuel before attempting it.
Exiles and Driving EPs available on iTunes Now!

http://www.peoplearethings.com

http://www.soundcloud.com/peoplearethings

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 12. Jul 06, 17:20

Use strafe in spacesuit. You'd be supprised how fast that bugger can go SIDEWAYS. :o
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

gradea
x3tc

Post by gradea » Wed, 12. Jul 06, 18:14

"I'll be safe exploring this xenon sector. I'm in a Falcon Sentinal. Surely the shields make up for my lack of speed." Are more details really needed?

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Wed, 12. Jul 06, 18:31

X-T, though i suppose applicable to other X games:

Do NOT ever maneuver right after jumping in a sector, with thrusters going backwards, trying to get into the gate again. (i had 1 ecell less than needed to go to my destiny, so decided to do that. 2 hours on SETA + 3 factories completely configurated lost). I was actually trying to turn inside of the gate... im not sure if iw as stopped and some big thing hit me and pushed me against the gate borders, or i was just going backwards (wrong key?) :oops:

Do NOT ever think the shipyard is far far away because its big... if its big in your screen, that means you are way under those 5km needed to autodock.

My poor Orca... i have had it for few days, and it has had more accidents than all my m3's together :(

TheBypasser
x3

Post by TheBypasser » Wed, 12. Jul 06, 20:20

Never, NEVER EVER!, try to support the friendly M2 in XI by your own M2 or M1 - u'll see that it's friendly but it's stupidity is enough to make it as treatfull as a hostile one :)

In a Xenon Taxi mission, try not to forget to bring the passenger to the requested station - cus sometimes it feels like just a short relaxing XI ;)

If your M3's rear turret monitor is active and Betty says "Unknown Object", don't forget to pray (also type in some goodbye letter in the ship's log) - just for the case ;)

at the pirate alley, mind the squash mines - SM + stray PSG = big boom :)

Teladi TLs are awesome places for having fun flights thru those metal frames in some M3 - but don't overuse it ;) (same about flying circles inside EQ docks' and mines' circular parts and thru Split traiding ports' frames set up all arouns their bases - lol I like risky tricky flights :) )
Attach the nails and electrodes!

Actorius
x4

Post by Actorius » Thu, 13. Jul 06, 01:20

Speaking of shields.... a while ago i posted a tactic of flying between two xenon big ships and watching as one destroyed the other.... my DONT this time?

DON'T Complain when the same thing happens to you.... while in my mammoth, i was having some problems taking out the last 8 scouts of a really big khaak cluster... so having gotten fed up with it i turned, and headed for the bigger ship in the sector. I commed them and asked for assistance and was given it... assistance to hell that was... when one of the scouts flew around my flank.... and the other ship decided its snowballs were just as effective going through me....

Modeler
x3tc

Post by Modeler » Thu, 13. Jul 06, 04:30

never tell your capital ships jump into sector 1 after another use the jump and move to pos

got 3 capital ships dead coz of this :( "train wreck"

Fallingwater

Post by Fallingwater » Thu, 13. Jul 06, 05:22

Dantrithor wrote:2 hours on SETA + 3 factories completely configurated lost
Heh.
DON'T go for more than 10 minutes without saving :P

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Thu, 13. Jul 06, 05:42

Orion1632 wrote:sitting there on autopilot, watching the station get bigger and bigger, and thinking surely the autopilot will not crash into the station........ darn !!!! It did crash into the station ! silly Autopilot!
Don't: Target the station you want to land in, so you are pointing directly at it, then forget to actually start the autopilot. Then go sailing across the sector, reading the Owned menu and stuff. :roll:

Hey, shouldn't the autopilot start the docking manuvers about here? Getting kind of close! What? Yikes! :o

Crash, Snap, crackel, pop, tinkle tinkle, CRASH. EOG! :shock:
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

junj.chan
x3tc

Post by junj.chan » Thu, 13. Jul 06, 05:43

NEVER jump into a sector in front of your own capital ships (M1, M2, TL)... I was in a mamba and boosted away but my elephant still ran me over. Always make the cap ship go first.

DON'T fire silkworms when your being shot at, especially lightly shileded ships, the missiles will just regesiter as being hit by the enemy and explode.

NEVER use the autopilot in an astroid field when flying a cap ship, you just go round in circles...

and one more: DON'T fly an M6 :wink:

Colonelnj10
x3

Post by Colonelnj10 » Thu, 13. Jul 06, 06:25

1 Don't Decide to buy Avarice at the time that coincides with the zero hour of a suprise Khaak attack. had my TLs delivering stations in there and all were lost.
2 don't leave that 390,000,000 cred ship sitting at a shipyard. "stupid GOD/bug"

Noobtastic
x3

Post by Noobtastic » Thu, 13. Jul 06, 09:13

Never assume that the AI will cover you while you attempt to flank the enemy, they won't. I learned that just when I was wondering why there were snowballs coming from behind... :roll: .

Fallingwater

Post by Fallingwater » Thu, 13. Jul 06, 20:24

junj.chan wrote: and one more: DON'T fly an M6
Why?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”