Station profits.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pandora6969
x3

Station profits.

Post by pandora6969 » Mon, 3. Jul 06, 22:34

I was alble to place an Alpha HEPT Factory in argon prime, I have a few questions thou to ask in order to help me increase my profits.

1. How mant TS ships need to be at the factory? I had 4 of them because I needed to buy certain resources. But can I have 2 ships collecting them instead of 3? I couldn't figure out how to make the TS ship collect 2 types of goods.

2. When I placed this factory down, I was hoping people would buy from me soon once i got things going, but after making 4 Alpha HEPT throwers, still noone came to buy any of them, but when i sent them to the argon docking facility they were out of them and paid 140k each one.
Why is noone comming to my station to buy up these throwers?

3. What is the most profitable station people will always come too, and buy up your products? I'm still new at this station stuff, and I want to get off on the right foot.

4. any other help with stations and making profits, i havn't mentioned would be a great help if you explain to me.

thanks for the help.

sentinelk92
x4

Re: Station profits.

Post by sentinelk92 » Mon, 3. Jul 06, 22:41

pandora6969 wrote:I was alble to place an Alpha HEPT Factory in argon prime, I have a few questions thou to ask in order to help me increase my profits.

1. How mant TS ships need to be at the factory? I had 4 of them because I needed to buy certain resources. But can I have 2 ships collecting them instead of 3? I couldn't figure out how to make the TS ship collect 2 types of goods.

2. When I placed this factory down, I was hoping people would buy from me soon once i got things going, but after making 4 Alpha HEPT throwers, still noone came to buy any of them, but when i sent them to the argon docking facility they were out of them and paid 140k each one.
Why is noone comming to my station to buy up these throwers?

3. What is the most profitable station people will always come too, and buy up your products? I'm still new at this station stuff, and I want to get off on the right foot.

4. any other help with stations and making profits, i havn't mentioned would be a great help if you explain to me.

thanks for the help.
1. Unless you do it manually, or script it, i believe you can only have 1 freighter per resource required.

2. Sometimes setting the price just below default price gets people to buy it.. or so thats the rumor. I'm not rich enough to do it yet :-P

3. I'd like to know this too :) closed loop or a tad leaky loop setup would theoretically be very profitable... i think

4. yes plz i'd like answers for this too!

hiimandy1
x3

Post by hiimandy1 » Mon, 3. Jul 06, 23:25

2. NPC traders usually only purcahse light equipment, I. E. 1MJ shields, IRE's. Not so much for mosquito missiles. Selling them is hectic.

Diesel309
x3

Post by Diesel309 » Mon, 3. Jul 06, 23:42

1. Only 1 ship per resource i'm afraid (unless you use scripts or do it manually)

2. You will find it hard to sell A-HEPTS in argon space

3. Space Weed, Space Fuel, 1Mj Sheild Fabs, 5Mj Sheild Fabs, Nav Sats, Drones, A & B - IRE weapon Fabs, A & B - PAC weapon Fabs. There are more but thats a start.

4. If you are after profits complexes are the way to go, you can make complexes that don't need any external resources. There are many good guides in the stickies for this. If you want your rep to go up with races, buy and sell as much as you can with them so complexes may not be best option

Actorius
x4

Post by Actorius » Tue, 4. Jul 06, 01:17

Diesel309 wrote:1. Only 1 ship per resource i'm afraid (unless you use scripts or do it manually)

4. <snip> If you want your rep to go up with races, buy and sell as much as you can with them so complexes may not be best option
As yet i have not seen any detrimental effects to closing the loops on all my complexes.... all of them produce products that the NPCs buy (most of what you gave as an example to 3. My Race rep goes up no slower, and adding STs and UTs to the mix helps too

Diesel309
x3

Post by Diesel309 » Tue, 4. Jul 06, 01:35

Good point Actorius you may not have seen the difference (because your rank is quite high anyway) but there is one, the more you buy/sell to other races the faster your race rep rises.
It could be that you have closed the difference by closing the loop and selling a lot more to a particular race, therefore counteracting the buying rep boost. Who knows (except ego) but I have found a single complex of 10 1Mj sheild Fabs buying and selling from/to surrounding areas raises rep faster than when I closed the loop and just sold (more money though).

And as you say ST's/ UT's does help a lot

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Tue, 4. Jul 06, 15:50

Generally the higher tech weapons, shields and missiles won't sell on their own, you need a selling ship.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Tue, 4. Jul 06, 16:15

Congratulations on your very first Station.

Unfortunately Alpha HEPT will need some help to sell. On the plus side if you need to equip a capped ship with lasers then you have your own factory making them. Also very useful when buying Novas from the Argon Prime Shipyard.

I must admit that I do mostly use selling ships, shifts my stuff faster and makes money quicker.

As a quick guide booze sells on its own (spacefuel, needs wheat and ecells).
1MJ Shields sell on their own.

You should check out the local sectors for factories. Look at a factory and what primary and secondary resources it needs. If you find a sector full of Cahoona Bakeries, put a cattle ranch in there (so long as there is a nearby source of ecells). Then have 2 traders one to buy ecells and the other to sell Argnu Beef. It may not make huge amounts but it will be a steady stream of income.

Make sure in the factory settings that max jumps is never greater than 3 to start with.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”