Community Extended Mod Pack {EMP} v1.4 & 2.01

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 13. May 06, 16:26

EMP is designed so you dont need to do anything with a mod.

especially you use it the same way as other wares.

you set the text entry for the correct id for your chossen ware in the text file for page 17
then the ware will be avaialble in the game with EMP installed, and just use it like any other ware

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sat, 13. May 06, 16:38

i suppose the prices and rep is untouchable? or do you have to set it? :oops:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 13. May 06, 17:32

the prices are based of the priceing for standard wares, just pick one thats clsoe to the price you want

the same with rep

only way to have your own pricing and rep is to create a mod yourself and edit it

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sat, 13. May 06, 20:28

i can tell which command wares have what notoriety 8)

but how can i tell what the price of it is? :oops:

cheers again :P

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 13. May 06, 21:54

the value before the notorirty, multiply it by 28 to get your price

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sat, 13. May 06, 22:04

28??? :? ..... a bit of a random number but hey who's complaining :D

thanks again cycrow :P

stevio :wink:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 13. May 06, 22:48

if u look, 28 is the first value ;)

===========

Spacefly Hunting Software ware:

111 - SS_WARE_SW_CUSTOM11_2

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 14. May 06, 03:45

Spacerly hunting softwere?

Taxi?

Where are you getting these Cycrow :twisted:
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Dread
x3tc

Post by Dread » Sun, 14. May 06, 19:30

@Cycrow
Mate I tried that and Ive tried all other processes too and its not EMP as far as I can see so my gravest apologies for jumping the HEPT Gun. But I still have this prob and Im baffled as im the only person the whole world that has it apparently. I start new game after new game and get red\enemy ships when there friendly status and others are blue.
If this is confusing ppl reading this here goes. Start new game, see lots of Argon fighters and TS's blue friendly and picking their noses probably at the sight of my ship on their scanner, then I get the battle music kick in as another Argon TS comes into scanner range and its red and not picking its nose, and I do have Argon as Friend in the Global's. The enemy ones dont attack but I can hail em and they come out with the 'I dont wanna talk to you' crappy line and I have the option of 'Sorry Weapons fire.....' or 'Drop ur freight' but why certrain ships are coming up as enemy for a race when I can clearly see others as blue\friendly on my scanner is a mystery to me - and Ive only just started a new game. Oh and it happens randomly for all races too.

I cant surely be the only one in the whole world that has this, someone must know what Im on about and have an answer. Apologies for wasting forum space and everyones time but got typing and didnt stop and was only supposed to be a apology to Cyc .

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 14. May 06, 19:40

it sounds like u've been attacking ships, afaik thats the only way to get the sorry for weapons fire option.

which is odd as you wouldn't have been able to attack them all at the start of the game.

the miltary ships will show up like that if you attack other ships/stations fro mthat race, but not the Traders, they will only turn like that if you attack them.

only things i can think of is that they have crashed into something you own turning them hostile towards you, or one of your ships attacked them for some reason
both seem unlikly at the start of the game.

Dread
x3tc

Post by Dread » Sun, 14. May 06, 19:55

no its none of them as Ive just started a brand new game and not even fired a single shot and I get red icons for ships that I shouldnt. I dont know what the hell is doing this - granted that I have a lot of scripts and mods installed and could be due to that, ill list em and hope you can spot something or someone else can

Patches 1.0 to 1.04.02
1.04.02 to 1.04.03

Mods
Cockpit Callback (set as false patch as #.cat and #.dat files)
Minimal HUD (set as false patch as #.cat and #.dat files)
DDR 2.3.1 as The MOD for the game

Scripts
All of your scripts Cycrow incl EMP (except the new thruster turn around thing)
Anarkis Carrier Commands
Yaki Armada
Arena
BBS Offers
Dock TS
Friendly Pirates
Heavy Assualt Tech
Hull Repair Tech
Jump To Protect (RRF)
RS Turret Defence
RS Khaak Invasions
RS Xenon Invasions
Station Manager
BBS Tycpack

Its a lot but I dont think its due to these. I cant understand wht its happening to me???

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 14. May 06, 20:08

im not really sure what would causes that to happen, im guessing its only some ships, not all ?

only thing i can sugguest is try and error, remove all the scripts and just run with the mods and start a new game, if its still doing it then, remove the mods and try again

if its still doing it in a new game, this will rule out a problem with mods and scripts and something else might be wrong, something might have got currupted somewhere.

if it does work after removing them, then start adding scripts back a few at a time until it starts breaking..

its strange how your the only one who seems to have this problem.
i've not experneiced anything like it before

Dread
x3tc

Post by Dread » Sun, 14. May 06, 21:07

Im lost now Im hoping someone knows what Im going through
@Cycrpw, yeah I did the gradual install and test and it just happens whe it seems like it feels like it.
Here are 2 screenshots less than a couple of minutes after starting a new game with above Mods\Scripts and Its just prof - and to all recent (code for noobs) its not global commands as Cycrow and many other elders of this series know Ive been here a long time, and Id know to check that option.

This is a mystery :?:

--
edit LV
Huge images removed to links
--

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/108/34gd.jpg

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/4424/20fj.jpg

Dread
x3tc

Post by Dread » Tue, 16. May 06, 12:22

As a follow up, I am now ending this query from this thread as it now is apparent to me that its the wrong thread, so apologies for that.
I can confirm that after extensive investigation this problem (incase anyone else sees this thread and has the same problem) is being caused by the Friendly Pirates v3.03 script, and I have raised this in the correct thread now.
Also means I am using the excellent EMP and assoc. new scripts by Cycrow. :D

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Tue, 16. May 06, 20:53

Dread wrote: Minimal HUD (set as false patch as #.cat and #.dat files)
DDR 2.3.1 as The MOD for the game

Do note that the DDRS-mod has its own HUD so the HUD you see is *prob.* mine ..... ;)

also note the 'rules' (size of your picture .... ;) .. dont let the forcegrips get you ....)

G

Dread
x3tc

Post by Dread » Wed, 17. May 06, 17:16

sorry RS, going on Hols Fri so all excited and seems to affecting my usual behaviour in more areas than one
:lol:

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 10:53

hey i wanna use cycrows salvage mod/overide software
does this mod cause any ctd's or anything wierd?
have a unmodded game and want to install a couple of small no-cheating scripts, im told i need this 'mod' to make it work
appreciate any help as havnt used mods before

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 12:00

no this mod shouldn't cause any problems, all it does is add extra tech wares into the game for scripts to use.

the salvage claim software uses one of the wares from EMP so you need to isntall this as well, if your not sure how to install it, u could get the spk version and use the script manager to install it

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 14:29

ive got ya .spk version and your latest installer
only use your scripts then noticed it needed the emp pack and wasnt 2 sure how it would affect my game, did have alot of probs when 1st playing this game. dont want them to come back

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 15:02

well its a pretty simple mod and just adds a few wares to a single file, so it shoudln't break any game :)

even removing it wont cause problems

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”