Source for ships in XSP

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Do you want rebalanced XSP ships?

Poll ended at Sat, 17. Jun 06, 21:54

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 36

tensin
x3

Source for ships in XSP

Post by tensin » Sat, 3. Jun 06, 21:54

9 Jan 2007
I actually came in and made a new thread, and I should have updated this one. To be honest, I was to stress-avoidant to look at it. But considering the number of other threads I've found with pointers to it, my sense of responsability says I need to.

I'm sorry, but I'm breaking the auto-update again. The number of different mods witht the same ship has foced a change in how I name them, and that's one thing auto-update cannot stand... new filenames.

Right now, I'm not taking any of the old ships off the site. I am removing the links as they get suplanted, but auto-update will not error you or let you know if I've replaced them as of yet. You will need to check manually.

I've put more ships up, and fixed quite a few of the old problems (many thanks to Cycrow, Duke, HawkBS, and others who have helped me there). Because many of the XSPs are made by others, not all are in their final naming state, even if they are newely put up.

The Battlestar Galactica page is pretty complete (except for some file renames that need to be done later), the bulk of Cycrow's stuff is up (trying to grab some of his newer stuff now). There's someone working on importing DDRS. Anyone willing to make and/or repair XSP files... I would welcome the help.

My site is intdended to be a reasource for ships in XSP format. There you will find DeadlyDA's ships, Roguey's X2 conversions, Balgot's ships, XFP, and aything else I can get permission to get my hands on.

In many cases, I will be offering alternate versions as well, intended to either replace or augment the existing ones (for example, I might add a sentinel version to an already balanced ship, rebalance an out-of-balance ship, or (as with the Sulaco) make a whole new ship on someone else's model because I thought something else would be more interesting.

Where I've rebalanced ships (the green ones) I've typically tried to make the ships match the standard X3 ships... though there are a few exceptions (I'm generally making the X2-converted ships inferior, and cheaper than to the X3 versions as they are older and no longer in general service).

This is the link:
http://207.5.90.130/Jerry/ComputerGaming/X3/Index.htm

Sorry for the long absense. Glad to be back.
Last edited by tensin on Tue, 9. Jan 07, 18:20, edited 30 times in total.

djssuk
x3tc

Post by djssuk » Sat, 3. Jun 06, 22:32

I am not playing at the moment but will again soon and want more ships, but balanced in line with the current ones... so, it is a yes from me...

mufflink
x4

Post by mufflink » Sat, 3. Jun 06, 23:10

I votted yes. Would be great to be able to use all the community created ships without have to use any modded ai stuff etc. Some people dont like that sort of stuff. Choice is always good.

Regards,
Mufflink.

highwayman
x3

Post by highwayman » Sun, 4. Jun 06, 08:08

i think balanced ships would be good but perhaps not completely balanced and a slightly high price tag give some more speed and handleing than average but only have average guns and energy with slightly reduced shields or you could do the opposite and have narly loadouts and shield but make it sluggish and slow so it would be a sitting duck just my 2 cents personaly i like the pirate buster over any of the m3's so i like speed and handling

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sun, 4. Jun 06, 11:00

YES PLEASE!! :)

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Sun, 4. Jun 06, 22:33

Can't put up the M7s in XSP format (no permission), but I will put up the stats I'm using in the rebalance so anyone capable of using the TShips editor can modify their own game. That should get done tomorrow.

I've asked permission from some of the others (Deadly, Balgot) and when (if) I get it will start exporting my rebalanced ships and put them on an FTP site. If I get a "no" then I'll do the same as I am with the M7s (put up the stats).

Also, if there are any modelers with ships they want stats made for / balanced, let me know. There are a lot of things I suck at but this is one I'm pretty decent at.

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Sun, 4. Jun 06, 22:38

Oops. My Barracuda thread from a while back has vanashed into the ether.

I actually rebalanced the Barracuda (Egosoft doesn't appear to have balanced it with the other M3s). Does anyone know if it's OK to post up a ship on the existing X3 models in XSF format or if that's a rule violation somewhere?
Last edited by tensin on Sun, 4. Jun 06, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Sun, 4. Jun 06, 23:00

Permission granted...enjoy :D

Cutty
x3

Post by Cutty » Mon, 5. Jun 06, 03:28

One thing to keep inmind with exporting to .xsp format. There are a number of issues that can come up.

Currently I am having issues with a number of DeadlyDa's ships when exporting them to .xsp. Namely the issues are with Component and Dummy file creation. Cycrow is looking into this just thought I would give you a heads up. There is a list of the ships I have had issues with in the Ship Creator thread. Ill add in the link.

-Cutty

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=165

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Mon, 5. Jun 06, 04:27

Yes, I noticed that problem works both ways. Let me know if you find a solution to it.

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Mon, 5. Jun 06, 21:14

For anyone interested, I've copied DeadlyDA's ships to my website, along with most of Balgot's ships and info on a large number of others no one has yet moved to X3. I've got links to XSP versions of most of Deadly and Balgot's ships there (hope to have all of them by tomorrow) and have started linking to deadly's stats for the ships (making a table in HTML). I've got the first couple of my own stats done and will hopefully have them up tomorrow night in XSP format.

Also, I corrected some names (the Sulaco, for example, is actually the ship's name, the class is "Conestoga"), and a good number of descriptions and will be chaning a few ship types. I'm also hoping to add English text files to later versions of my XSPs (gotta make the first versions first :)) Check regularly for updates.

Also, anyone who wants to import more models: I've gotten my hands on some 3d models (and author permissions) but have no skills at converting them to something X3-friendly. As I'm tied up with my rebalance, I've no time to learn right now.

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Tue, 6. Jun 06, 19:11

bumped for first added ship

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 6. Jun 06, 19:49

It looks great imo ;)

TrippDoc
x3

Post by TrippDoc » Tue, 6. Jun 06, 21:08

Sorry but your link is corrupted.

*This page is not on this server* ist all i get.

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Tue, 6. Jun 06, 21:51

It looks great imo
I can't take credit for that... all I did to this ship was change its stats.
*This page is not on this server* ist all i get.
They are all failing. Thank you for pointing that out. I really don't know why. They are there. I can see them in FrontPage and FTP. I can even DL them.

Doesn't look like a permissions error, but I'll find out and update the thread when I get it fixed.

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Tue, 6. Jun 06, 22:09

Had to add XSP to server MIME extensions. Fixed now.

tikanderoga
x4

Post by tikanderoga » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 16:34

You already got a release date¿ :D
Because I'd love to have the Sulaco as a TL.. and some more ship, which are currently not included in DDRS Mod..

PS: Could you just prep a Mod with the ships as they are now so they can be bought from the shipyards¿
If you got a monopoly on an operating system, and you make tons of money by supporting it, why fix it?

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 17:23

PS: Could you just prep a Mod with the ships as they are now so they can be bought from the shipyards¿
To make sure a ship is available from shipyards:

download the XSP.
Open the XSP in the ShipCreator
Make sure that some of the races are checked (whomever you want to be able to buy from).
Save
Then just import the ship with the Ship Installer and you should be able to find it at a shipyard.

As I rebalance, I'm making sure that the rep and costs are inline with X3 norms, though right this moment that only means the Conestoga (Sulaco) TL.

http://207.5.90.130/Jerry/ComputerGamin ... estoga.xsp

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Thu, 8. Jun 06, 14:57

tikanderoga,

Did you get a chance to play with my TL version? If so, what is your feedback?

tikanderoga
x4

Post by tikanderoga » Thu, 8. Jun 06, 15:08

Not yet. I'm still working on building my empire to gather some cash and reputation..
If you got a monopoly on an operating system, and you make tons of money by supporting it, why fix it?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”