Rogues Revenge, Ch 19 Pt 2 (20/10/03)

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

SteveMill
x4

Rogues Revenge, Ch 19 Pt 2 (20/10/03)

Post by SteveMill » Mon, 13. Oct 03, 11:23

Next section of Rogue (excerpt here, the rest on the Space Ritual web site).

It's not a complete chapter as I've been working on the Farnham translation and a couple of short stories for the writing course.

steve

Chapter 19: continued

“Permission to launch, good hunting Commander. Enterprise out.”

Max ran a last test on the ship capture technology, now installed in his new fighter. It was all functioning perfectly, in theory. As he did so he listened to Xela as she updated him on the Challenger research.

“How about Jack’s moles?”

“They’re actually a pretty sharp bunch Max,” Xela answered. “They cracked the quantum resonance problem in a couple of weeks. The trick is preventing them from using that information to get a jump on the putative location of the alien tech for Jackson but I’m keeping the research heavily compartmentalised. Do you want to know what the QR problem was?”

Max waited until his new Mamba burst from the Enterprise launch bay into the fierce glare of Black Hole Sun before answering.

Continued on Space Ritual site below.
Last edited by SteveMill on Mon, 20. Oct 03, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Mon, 13. Oct 03, 19:34

Interesting read Steve, I like the extra info on the way Jackson see's things, looking forward to seeing what Hagman and Njy are upto tho!

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Mon, 13. Oct 03, 19:46

Ahhh, luxury!....an 'Oasis' in the desert.

Thank's Steve :)

Oldman :)

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Mon, 13. Oct 03, 22:52

Looks like Max is in a not so great position at the moment. Yet, there should not be too much danger coming from Law himself at the moment after the last fight. As for Hila's Joy, I wonder if he could deploy a ring of LT's and a couple of light fighters to pick out missiles launched against the towers. That should sort out the very most of the pirates, unless, of course, there is an invasion of them

Uhh, also interesting to see what Jackson will be offered. I wondered what Hagman was up to when he mentioned 'an ace up his sleave' in an earlier chapter.

Looking forward to see which way your characters will be running!

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Fri, 17. Oct 03, 12:10

A few regular readers seem to have missed this, so... Bump!

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Fri, 17. Oct 03, 12:39

There's been quite a surge in posts recently about release dates and other things so definitely worth bringing this back to the top... :D

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Fri, 17. Oct 03, 12:46

also Steve is too busy with other things to bump it up with part two, thanks to his studies and ... ME :D good ol' Farnhams Legend :wink: I'd better go and keep translating :oops:

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Mon, 20. Oct 03, 16:58

Part Two posted on the Space Ritual site.

Steve

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Mon, 20. Oct 03, 17:01

Moss wrote:A few regular readers seem to have missed this, so... Bump!
not sure if I was inlcuded in this but I read it at lunchtime today (beeen awol for the last week) but just forgot to post in here!

And now that part 2's up I'll be going to read it again now :D

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Mon, 20. Oct 03, 23:00

Excellent! I agree with Al, the combat scenes are great! Short, precise and thrilling.
The Argon still don't like his stunts and Black Hole Sun, ey?
I like the humour in large parts of this chapter 'you mentioned their mothers' :fg:
Well, Law will be spewing. Hopefully Max has not bitten more than he can chew with this battle. Mind you, the odds are nothing he had not managed before. Fingers crossed their won't be any dead pilots on his side and plenty of captured M4/M3 to pay for his expensive life style :D

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Tue, 21. Oct 03, 00:42

Excellent read Steve, great battle sequences, I wish Mamba's could adjust thier sights like that in XT tho! maybe in X2 eh?

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Tue, 21. Oct 03, 11:48

bump :D

Return to “Creative Universe”