Fleet Command Discussion - what we want developed.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 08:19

Pirate hater wrote: But in all fairness they could not really include Fleet management as that would add a large asspect to the game.
So they can't include anything that adds to the game? :gruebel:

[TGU]SOL
x3

Post by [TGU]SOL » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 13:02

had a thought about jumping to position in sector rather than through a gate, why not make another class of sat'sI mean 1.nav 2.adv then 3 "jump bhouy" then you would have to go in sector drop it at a location then m1's and m2's can jump right to that spot.

Would also be nice to be able to create a jump group as well to jump enmass to the jump bhouy location.

Pirate hater
x2

Post by Pirate hater » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 20:01

pjknibbs wrote:
Pirate hater wrote: But in all fairness they could not really include Fleet management as that would add a large asspect to the game.
So they can't include anything that adds to the game? :gruebel:
not really as they where rushed in X3 and it would have taken a long time to design and add to the game. Also would take ages to make it bug free.

CABM
x3

Post by CABM » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 21:08

Pirate hater wrote:
pjknibbs wrote:
Pirate hater wrote:

But in all fairness they could not really include Fleet management as that would add a large asspect to the game.

So they can't include anything that adds to the game?

not really as they where rushed in X3 and it would have taken a long time to design and add to the game. Also would take ages to make it bug free.
yes but hopefully they have learned from their mistakes and if these ideas were used in a X3 expansion them the graphics engine would remain the same which is what i asume caused the bugs as nearly everthing else is very similar to X2 (except god engine,complexes,more sectors,plot and some minor changes)
If life was easy it wouldn't be so fun.

OzK
x3

Post by OzK » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 23:52

To address an earlier point, whatever sort of order prioritization is implemented, I hope it will include UTs.

I recently saw one of my UTs come under attack while I was IS, but too far away to intervene. It was hard to resolve what was happening from the distance I was at, but she was very nearly overwhelmed by a Nova and three Busters. She finally launched 3 drones (out of 19 available :o) and jumped, but not before she was severely damaged resulting in a big repair bill.

It would be very good to be able to prioritize a UT reaction to attack, ie.:

1. Launch # drones.
2. Jump
3. Defensive fire (Protect ship).

This sequence should execute within a second or two of receiveing the first fire, with the jump occurring after the normal charging time plus, perhaps, two seconds, and defensive fire outgoing while the jump drive charges.

If she had launched more drones first, I think she would have had a better chance to escape undamaged. I'm not sure what was happening for the first 10 seconds or so, but she seemed to just wallow along taking fire for quite a while before launching her defenses. I would like to have a LOT more control over these reactions.

A template which allows global implmentation in all ST/UT/Wingmen/M6 etc. would be very useful.
"I'll kill a man in a fair fight, or if I think he's going to start a fair fight. Or if there's a woman. Or if I'm getting paid... mostly if I'm getting paid." -Jayne Cobb: Serenity

Jtmd
x3

Post by Jtmd » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 08:20

Kinda hoping that the thoughts and ideas behind all the prevoius posts on this subject havent died. there are some very good ideas that would add to what i consider a game with great potential but at the same time a very restrictive and to be honest quite labor intesive, sometimes boring game. The way i see things the game gets you to try things but gives you an option to automate it if you get bored or just dont like that aspect of the game. Examples are, Mk3 traders. While not perfect they do make trading in larger numbers easier, while not realistically available at the start as the cost is too great for new starters. Also, with the new bonus pack, Exploring. until you have explored a certain amout of sectors this software is also unavailable ensuring that the players at least does some manual exploring before they start out.

What id like to see next is to be able to assign ships to squadrons, fleets etc. Commands to just send a whole squadron/fleet to a sector to deal with threats.
The ability to automate the new fleet support software by assigning a 'supply' ship to supply the sqn/fleet with any ammunition or fuel that the fighters/carrier needs without having to manually assign the supply ship to do each fighter individually. Commands to set an 'owned' command to fighters for TS, T1 and T2 ships. Commands to let you launch and re-land any 'owned' ships aboard TS, T1 or T2 to act as defence AND IA that would launch fighters onboard and re-land them after a battle.
I guess there are many ideas on the subject.

Maybe some of these have been done already. If so, i hope EGO look seriously at adding them to future bonus packs or expansion packs.

Take care and have fun :)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 08:57

Please don't resurrect ancient threads.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”