Current Bugs and Issues List

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 19:49

DesertEagle wrote:I honestly don't like your attitude, Armegeddon. Apricotslice's post is constructive, detailed, and thorough without resorting to whining. If anything, the "whines" you identify are just Apricotslice's sense of humor IMO. I've put my own comments on some of your response below.
Most of my posts in threads asking for changes to the game are meant to show alternate methods of achieving the desired changes. If a script or mod exists that adds certain features that are not already in the game, then there is very little reason to add that feature to the game, if the script/mod performs adaquately. That is why we have the ability to create script and mods. From apricotslice's previous comments, he (appears) to think that the reason for scripts and mods is to fix broken parts of the game, which I do not agree with. If that was the case, EgoSoft would have saved themselves alot of complaints by simply not giving us the ability to create script or mods.
I do not want people to think that the sole reason for my posts is to try to "pick apart" other people's posts, but to try to make sure that only those ideas that actually are bugs make it to the developers. Perhaps I should let the devs and moderators handle that, but unless they tell me otherwise I will continue to offer my perspective.
apricotslice and I already went through the mess of letting our emotions cloud another thread about potential problems with the game and it would probably have degenerated into a flame war in that thread had it continued.
I can accept that what I think is a bug and what someone else thinks is a bug may differ, but that is completely due to different opinions. I just want to make sure that any alternate ideas are full thought out and not just posted haphazardly. IMHO a well thought out complaint makes the devs job easier and they can implement fixes faster.
What some people have to remember is that some of the changes they want simply wont work with the current incarnation of the game engine. In order to make them work the way the player wants, such as complexes, would require a large rewrite of the game engine most likely. Things like that are better left for expansions or future incarnations of the game, X4 anyone? :)

The rest of the comments I think I handled in other posts and do not want to start another argument with another person over opinions on what is wrong.

CJB wrote: How about people stick to discussing the issues, not picking apart each other's posts and discussing attitude? This is a Tech Support forum, and if this continues then the thread will simply be locked.
My apologies if some of my posts push the line. apricotslice has a good idea on trying to compile a list of bugs in the game. I just want to try to make sure that what gets mentioned really are bugs and not some peoples individual complaints with the game. I will stop replying if the devs/moderators conclude that I'm becoming a hinderence instead of helping.
There is a thin line between genius & insanity i have erased this line

Armegeddon's X3 scripts and mods

DesertEagle
x3

Sorry to clutter forum

Post by DesertEagle » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 20:06

My apologies for cluttering this forum; I have deleted my earlier post. Armegeddon, I understand your point of view, and respect it, as I do ApricotSlice's. Have a good weekend All.

Thanks Egosoft for listening to our rather demanding user community :)

DesertEagle

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 12:40

esd wrote:Posting it in Tech Support? A proper buglist could be useful to some people.Over it goes :)
A thread killer if ever I saw one.

Ah well, I think we got practically everything.

I just hope its useful.

But I fear it will just vanish into the bowels of the tech support forum and not be heard from again.

*Huge Sigh*

:oops: :cry:

ItWasntMe
x3ap

Post by ItWasntMe » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 14:22

Well I was going to say: "theres the fact that mobile mining is useless, `collect rocks` command doesnt seem to do much." but I think you already got that.

I have another bug or potential bug shall I leve that one until his thread goes down abit?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 14:33

reelbf wrote:I have another bug or potential bug shall I leve that one until his thread goes down abit?
If you ahve one, just mention it.

I saw what looks like a brand new 1.4.02 bug mentioned in another thread, but I'll wait to see if anyone else picks up on it before adding it.

ItWasntMe
x3ap

Post by ItWasntMe » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 14:44

Well the problem i had was that when I played the simulator it started at combat level 1 and then after finishing the mission it said I could move on to the next level but then still showed only combat level 1.

I tried anything and everything to get it working but even reinstalling and putting the patches on one by one didnt solve it so its either a bug or a design problem.

Ben

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 14:48

reelbf wrote:Well the problem i had was that when I played the simulator it started at combat level 1 and then after finishing the mission it said I could move on to the next level but then still showed only combat level 1.
Seriously, the whole "lack of a tutorial" simulator is a bit of a joke.

Start the game on quickstart. And just spend 2 days trying everything until you get the hang of it. Then go back and play seriously.

The real game will teach you faster than the simulator will.

But its a point, the game is missing a decent tutorial still.

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 14:53

apricotslice wrote:
esd wrote:Posting it in Tech Support? A proper buglist could be useful to some people.Over it goes :)
A thread killer if ever I saw one.

Ah well, I think we got practically everything.

I just hope its useful.

But I fear it will just vanish into the bowels of the tech support forum and not be heard from again.

*Huge Sigh*

:oops: :cry:
Actually, I think having this thread moved to TechSupport might actually be useful. The devs are more likely to read some of it and we may get some input from them on some of the issues discussed, which can only help the discussion.

Edit: In fact, the only real difference I can see from the thread being moved is that those people who haven't registered their game wont be able to post in the thread, which isn't really that bad. Means there is likely to be fewer extraneous posts, and that we have to be more careful on how we handle discussions on the issues so we don't get locked.
Last edited by Armegeddon on Sat, 15. Apr 06, 15:02, edited 2 times in total.
There is a thin line between genius & insanity i have erased this line

Armegeddon's X3 scripts and mods

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 14:55

Armegeddon wrote:Actually, I think having this thread moved to TechSupport might actually be useful. The devs are more likely to read some of it and we may get some input from them on some of the issues discussed, which can only help the discussion.
I really and truely hope so.

[TGU]SOL
x3

Post by [TGU]SOL » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 17:14

A lot of what you have posted aproccotslice I agree with, but most are not bugs they are just missing features or stuff not implemented because of time restraints on the release date, cockpits HQ's etc.....

Well egosoft has plenty of time now :wink:

1.The disappearing ships I have had at least 10 times now and it is nothing to do with npc stations dissapearing or collisions or stray fire , it only happens OOS that is the only reapting theme in these vanishings.

2.They really need to sort out ship descriptions if they wanted to change things from X2 they should have did the descriptions also.

3.I agree also that not being able to dock friegthers is absurd dont know why they removed this feature.

4.penalties for unattend play on combat rank I find odd, only recently came across this reading other users post, Mods and scritps are openly premoted here they even have a forum

Both help directly or indirectly the player to achive certain levels or goals quicker, so why penalties for one and not the other I could see the point of tagging the player's status file with his unattended hours but actuall in game penalties again a bit absurd.

5. Having to shoot half way across the map to transfer items between ships is micromanagement gone mad if you ask me.

p/s and in reply to the usual scriptologist answer

I am a consumer who likes to keep within warranty regulations and eula's, they are also other's who will not or cant tweak their games "Scripts is the answer" is not a valid response.

ItWasntMe
x3ap

Post by ItWasntMe » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 20:56

Another issue I have come across when trying to improve the frame rate in combat is that when I disable audio in the control panel the game will not load a save game it just stays at the loading screen indefinitely.

Not sure if this one has be mentioned already but I thought it might be worth mentioning I'm not sure if this is solely on my machine or if it would be differnet if sound was disabled in the BIOS and like that when X3 was installed. It might not be that imporant but if you have dodge sound hardware it could be.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 23:05

Found a glitch. within about a hour of playing hehe.

Ok so i am at borons home system, lol forgot name but u know with nice music and in top left of map.

Anyhow...

Theres a weird bug with the mosquito missile animation in the window in the boron equipment dock. It happens when say ur halfway down list, hold down up arrow on keyboard so it quickly goes to top. This is where the bug shows itself. The animation is having difficulty playing animation. I test it a few times. Its ok when moving slowly and from 2nd object down from buy/sell list and back up to mosquito missile. Animation plays fine that way. But is buggy and doesnt play properly when u do the mentioned quick move from lower down and shoot up the list with up arrow on keyboard.

I saved the game so if anyone from ES wants save and follows the finding of glitch method i described above let me know.

Bought game it arrived today, installed "properly" latest patch from 1.0x to 1.4.02 (166 meg i think). Playing in 1280x1024 res 32bit, every quality option ingame on turned off AQC. 2x aa and 16x af. Nvidia drivers latest. Using win xp pro with sp2.

Hope i reported this and decribed it ok.

Anyhow in your hands ES now, need save of mine to reproduce then as i said fine and let me know the email addy to sent it to.

--

Skeeter...

UPDATE!

Also on rare occasion happened to other animations when quickly going from say top of list to middle of a long list at a stations buy/sell list.
Last edited by Skeeter on Sun, 16. Apr 06, 10:08, edited 1 time in total.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 02:29

I myself have suffered from the 'Vanishing ship' syndrome. Never a bought ship (Unless the station took a powder with it) but none of the 'vanished' were hit by anything (I always get 'destroyed' messages if it was a combat kill of a CAPPED ship).

I even have a save stored where a ship WILL vanish the instant it and I are no longer in the same sector. So it IS reproducable.

AalaarDB knows about it, and wrote a Ship Respawner script that correts GOD's decisions about capped player ships. It also generates an OOG log that I've sent several entry's to you about.

This bug showed up with 1.4. 1.3 did NOT have vanishing ships.

ItWasntMe
x3ap

Post by ItWasntMe » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 17:28

Hmm this is in danger of falling by the wayside if people dont keep posting in it. This is just a thought but if any moderator is reading this maybe it could be made a sticky so it doesnt disapear.

I dont know how and what the policies are about stickies but it seems usefull to have this as a sticky and then it can be found when needed.

Ben

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 17:43

Some of the AI is really screwey.

I'm playing Kha'ak Invader. I was traveling form Priest Pity to Paranid prime, when I had TWO different M5's smack into me from behind. One was a courier and one a Parcel Post ship.

And NO, I wasn't running SETA, so they SHOULD have been able to see me. And the fact I was slightly OUTSIDE of the normal travel lane between the gates (got tired of dodging freighters) means they had to be AIMING at me.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 20:47

Mouse has lag i dunno why as my ingame fps is great its just the mouse has lag like if i move mouse then move different direction it needs to catch up on screen. Extremily annoying. Perhaps using souftware mouse might be better than hardware mouse?

This is the most annoying at main menu and during docked situations where u navigate menus.

Please try to make it less lag as it really should be no issue at all, and be smooth like windows and all other games "yes all" for mouse using games.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 08:17

I suspect your mouse problem might be down to a low framerate--obviously, if you're only getting 5 frames per second, the mouse cursor moves only 5 times per second, and you'll see that as cursor lag. Does it lag in all sectors, or just busy ones like Argon Prime?

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 10:34

I am not getting low fps. Im getting 20+ argon prime is probably 25 fps. Its very smooth even in seta lol.

So its not fps problem its definatly a mouse issue ingame i suspect. Doesnt anyone else get mouse lag but have great 20+ fps smoothness?

Thanks for the reply btw pjknibbs :)

----

Also a new glitch well a old one as i have read it happening before on forums. When i either shot someone or commed them, when they commed me i got some long haired punk human for 1 second then monitor quickly showed a police women in shades instead. So 1 person for 1 second then switched to another for rest of comm duration. Im sure this was reported awhile ago before 1.3 patch. Just woundering if it wasnt reproducable for ES and they couldnt fix it or it was classes as a very very minor bug/glitch that they used there time on other things.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 10:42

If you are currently using a USB mouse then try a PS/2 one or use a USB->PS/2 adapter on your current one. Some people have reported that their USB mice have been slow to respond. This appears to be related to processor load, though this hasn't been confirmed.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 10:46

Wish i got u to reply after i edited with new problem hehe.

Ah well. :)

About the mouse cusor issue. I do not have a usb mouse it is a wireless Trust Ami Mouse 250P (item number 13021)

Drivers fine and batteries charged and distance to reciever aboput 45cm ish away (half an arms length ish).

Never had a problem in any other game before. Still doubt its a problem my end. And if you ask try another mouse to see if i get same problem with wired ps2 mouse then no i cant, dont have one.

Thanks for reply CBJ. :)

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”