[SCRIPT] Salvage Claim Software V1.05 : Updated 29/06/06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate this script

Excellant
79%
Good
12%
Ok
5%
Not So Good
1%
Terrible
1%
Its not really for me
2%

Total votes: 298

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 01:23

Unserence, heretic666, which links you trying to use ? it seems i dont have the rar or exe versions on my server for some reason, althou i dont remember deleting them :?

so only the script package version will work, i've also added the 3rd mirror incase the other 2 arn't working.

very easy to do actaully, and i didn't really think about that voice when i made it, i will add that in :)

finding voice sounds is very easy, just open the 440001.pck file up in notepad from 04.cat then goto find and put in the text it says and it will find it, usually in page 13 or 17.

i will put it in tommorow

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 01:31

Yeah, that's what I thought too. "It can't be THAT easy!" Apparently it's not. :P

The "ship computer control transferred" is Page ID 13 ID 5004. I put 5004 in the script, it did nothing.

Code: Select all

id="5004">(Player salvages ship)Ship computer control transferred

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 01:41

sounds like ur using the play sample command
thats only for the wavs in the s directory, not the voices in the mp3 ;)

use

Code: Select all

= speak text page id = 13 text id = 5004 prority = 1

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 01:51

Ah! Well, that's what was in your script. playsample: [whatever it was].

Cool, I'll fiddle with it. Thanks.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 01:54

yep, coz it was playing a sample not a voice ;)

the speak text is for the voice with subtitles, the paly sample is for the sound files

there seperate in the data files

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 02:01

Ok then. I guess it *was* that easy. :P

Got it, cheers.

Related question tho, where are the actual wav files located? In the dats? I've got all kinds of ideas now.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 02:08

in the dats yeah, i cant rmember which one thou
its in the "s" directory
and there numbered, 1000.wav etc
so to play 1000.wav, you do play sample 1000.wav
then to add more urself, just look for a free number and use that number to play

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 04:12

ah, /s! Duh. I remember seeing that now, even messing with it before. :roll:

Thanks.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 14:28

ok, add that sound inthe new version :)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 07:50

Dear Mr. Cycrow,

Would you consider changing this to "Salvage Software" instead of system override software, and letting the Teladi sell it ?

As a legal business aid, salvage software is an asset to every "keep the x-universe beutiful" beleiving player.

The illegality connotations of the current name are quite disturbing for us honest hard working Corporate crustearners. And since its never us who causes a ship to be abanndoned (bats eyelids) in the first place, why should any conotation of illegality besmurch our use of this fine product.

Yours sincerely.

Alice Leadbetter
Secretary to the CEO
Apricot Mapping Services.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 18. Apr 06, 16:59

Having the new sound has more of a proper feel to it (tho, I don't actually have the newest version :P), I've also modified it further. Mainly because I'm lazy. Now when you hit the hotkey to claim it, it also adds 100 units of cargo bay extension (which most of the time maxes out the fighters).

The only reason I did this is because I sell everything I cap, and this allows me to pack it full of all the sh*t I pick up after skirmishes. I load them up with all the fireflies/mosquitos/etc, then send them off. It's a convenient way to sell the ship, and the crap in one step. :D

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 18. Apr 06, 17:01

yeah i might think about renaming it sometime, althou its pretty easy to do, just editing the t file ;)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Update 1.04

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. May 06, 17:47

V1.04
* Added uninstall scripts
* Added text entry for hotkey

a new update to make it easier to uninstall if needed
This is the last version to be made, and will be replaced later with Salvage Claim Software.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 12. May 06, 15:30

ok, the script has been rename to Salvage Claim software and now uses EMP as the ware.

i suggest uninstalling SOSMK2 before installing this one

kalimac
x3

Post by kalimac » Mon, 15. May 06, 03:29

Well after a long and very annoying PC rebuild after a melt down I finally am able to reinstall X3, loaded your latest batch of Scripts, and is the new Software sold in the same places as the SOSMK2? Because I started a new game and flew over to Atreus's Cloud to pick up the at the time I though would be the SOSMK2 because I did not notice the chage to software when I loaded all your scripts :oops: . Docked at the Pirate Base and did not see the SOSMK2, then exited out and saw it was changed to software, looked again and did not see software either, checked the Controls tab to see if the Hotkey could be set....It was and I was able to set it. I have DD's Mod running so not sure if that is the reason the Pirate base did not load the Software, but before I was able to have both DD's Mod and your Scripts running at the same time and had no problems. I was able to load the cheats into the game then give myself the software and then was able to claim a pirate that I got to eject so it works just for some reason did not load at that Pirate base....

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 15. May 06, 05:59

hmm, i completly forgot to mention that

yeah the location has change, i think it was teladi equipment docks that have it now, but i cant actaully remember.

let me know if you still cant find it and ill check where i put it

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 15. May 06, 06:01

Cycrow wrote:hmm, i completly forgot to mention that

yeah the location has change, i think it was teladi equipment docks that have it now, but i cant actaully remember.

let me know if you still cant find it and ill check where i put it
A little change to the docs is in order ? :)

ViperOne
x3

Post by ViperOne » Mon, 15. May 06, 07:21

Still do not get the "piracy" option nor does a "hotkey" work. I did previously have both MK1 and the SOS MKII installed but have disabled and removed those using the scrfipt installer.
One thing is that I could still buy the software at pirate staions. Does this mean that I am still using the wrong script(s) :?
For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee Father for forgiveness.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 15. May 06, 14:13

if you were using the latest version of SOSMK2, 1.04, then it should have removed the wares from your ship.

the piracy option will only show up if you have the upgrade installed on your ship.

ViperOne
x3

Post by ViperOne » Mon, 15. May 06, 21:01

Cycrow, Just to make sure I am not confused - which would not be new - when you say "latest version of SOSMK2, 1.04" I do take it that means the "Salvage Claim Software V1.04 : Updated 12/05/06"
Otherwise I have done as said. I also installed the EMP mod/script prior to this install.
For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee Father for forgiveness.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”