Mod : Apricot Gunbus Mod V3a AND Gunbus v3a for XTM

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Fri, 7. Apr 06, 05:55

Well, my luck so far. Bought at Argon Prime from a fresh game, used LV's cheats for the cash. I guess thats where I went wrong because, when I was leaveing Argon Prime a Mammoth jumped RIGHT INTO my haul! Talking about bad luck huh?

Was one m5/m4/m3 docking slot intended or is this my issue due to other mods? :P

Anyway, if it was intended, I know first off the m4 Buster gets just a tad tooo close to the haul during docking :P

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 7. Apr 06, 08:13

I think thats dumb luck.

I did the other day in my regular game. Been jumping fine for yonks, and suddenly, jumping around trying to take decent pics of factories where the background isnt dark, and jumpin.....Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggggg and I'm stuck inside the exploding carcase of some TL. Fortunately, my seilds were not dented too much so I got out again intact.

But this is what happens when you dont auto-pilot through the gates !

dlryan
x3tc

Post by dlryan » Fri, 7. Apr 06, 09:34

Not that its any of my busisness, but what is the challenge of a ship such as this?
You have clearly pretty much just taken the idea of an old m6 from x2, and basically given it extreme amounts of cargo.
Did you ever wonder that since in x3 m6's are pathetic, the ship you have created would be an excellent m6 if you did not go apeshiot on the cargo?
and of course, the speed of that..is too extreme.
Fully tuned out your ship will outrun almost all M5's, logic says a "transport" shouldnt be doing that..
Theres no fun in a ship that you can buy and forget about foreve, essentially guarenteeing you profits forever, you might as well script in the desired amount of credits:)
Just my opinion :) If you took away the extreme speed and cargo, that would make a formidable m6 worthy of download.
AMD FX 8core 8150 4.5ghz(overclocked)4x8gb ram, ATI Crossfire Radeon 7850HD x2. Sabertooth 990fx mobo

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 7. Apr 06, 10:30

dlryan wrote:Not that its any of my busisness, but what is the challenge of a ship such as this?You have clearly pretty much just taken the idea of an old m6 from x2, and basically given it extreme amounts of cargo.
That about sums it up, yes :)

Put it this way with the cargo, I've been flying a Centaur for most of the current game, and I got sick of its inadequate cargo bay, and having to continually worry about how many ecells I had. Now I put 5000 onboard and rarely think about it. If you compare the M6 size to the SF, the SF is smaller. So whats all the space in the M6 doing if its not cargo bay ?
Did you ever wonder that since in x3 m6's are pathetic,
Quite. And why I did the original mod to my own game initially. That was one of my frustrations wiht X3 when i first played it, and it would ahve been a game killer for me if I could not ahve changed it.
the ship you have created would be an excellent m6 if you did not go apeshiot on the cargo?and of course, the speed of that..is too extreme.
Fully tuned out your ship will outrun almost all M5's, logic says a "transport" shouldnt be doing that..
Logic is a trap that depends on the first thing you say being true. :)

Transport that is faster than fighters cannot be shot and killed by them. Therefore, speed is the only safety. The auto-pillok is its only real enemy.

The speed reductions in X3 were soul destroying for me to see, after playing X2 for so long.
Theres no fun in a ship that you can buy and forget about foreve, essentially guarenteeing you profits forever, you might as well script in the desired amount of credits:)
Yes, that argument is used a lot. If you wish, please do so.

Be that as it may though, the Gunbus fully upgraded is a kick ar.se fighter and that is fun ! FUN FUN FUN *maniacle laugh*
Just my opinion :) If you took away the extreme speed and cargo, that would make a formidable m6 worthy of download.
So just dont upgrade it. Its your choice to ignore any part of the ships upgradability.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sat, 8. Apr 06, 01:56

But this is what happens when you dont auto-pilot through the gates !
Excatly! Who uses the AP anyway!?
the ship you have created would be an excellent m6 if you did not go apeshiot on the cargo?and of course, the speed of that..is too extreme.
Thats why Ive only upgraded mine to 25 engine (141 mps) and 10 rudder.
About the cargo bay, well It needs the space and should have it anyway. An M6 is really just a TS better designed for battle. I also think cap ships should have 100,000 cargo myself. if not M2's but M1's.
apricotslice wrote: The auto-pillok is its only real enemy.
If im not mistakeing, the AP IS EVERYONES enemy :P :lol:

Btw, I think the ship should cost more then the normal M6's, more like 13-18 mill or so. As the gunbus is relatively a government high tech transport, wich would cost more then the civilian class ship of the same type.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 8. Apr 06, 03:16

SaintAshley wrote:Btw, I think the ship should cost more then the normal M6's, more like 13-18 mill or so. As the gunbus is relatively a government high tech transport, wich would cost more then the civilian class ship of the same type.
Will consider that. Anyone else want to make a comment on price ?

Wandering Panther
x3tc

Post by Wandering Panther » Sun, 9. Apr 06, 00:18

HI apricotslice

I thought i would give this a go. Very nice ship :D

However not all the gun mounts work. I can equip them but they wont fire :(

It is mounts 4 to 8 on the main view and various turret mounts -will investigate further to let you know specific slots. I just wondered if anyone else reported this?

It does stop it being too easy though :)

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Sun, 9. Apr 06, 02:41

I would have thought 18 - 25 mil for a ship of this capabilities....

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 9. Apr 06, 03:26

X304 wrote:However not all the gun mounts work. I can equip them but they wont fire :( It is mounts 4 to 8 on the main view and various turret mounts -will investigate further to let you know specific slots. I just wondered if anyone else reported this?
No, hasnt been said before. Makes me wonder just how well the original M6 upgrade mod worked in that regard. Since I used that as the basis of how to do the turrent mods.

if you can tell me which ones are not working, I'll recheck.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sun, 9. Apr 06, 04:23

X304 wrote:
However not all the gun mounts work. I can equip them but they wont fire :(

It is mounts 4 to 8 on the main view and various turret mounts -will investigate further to let you know specific slots. I just wondered if anyone else reported this?
Ive been using this ship for, uhhh... two days now, and all the turrets seem to be working for me. I can count the top 5 working, and im pertty sure the 3 on the left and right are working. However I can check this real quick :P

Edit:
al_main wrote:I would have thought 18 - 25 mil for a ship of this capabilities....
I wouldnt disagree about that, so no complaints from me if it was 18-25ish, but I do know for sure ~11 mill is too cheap.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 9. Apr 06, 04:36

I have checked the specs and cannot see anything obvious that would stop guns firing, especially front ones.

If you want to email me a savegame, I'll have a look at yours.

Edit : I just had a quick play :)
Capped a falcon and an n in double quick time, using bpbe's.

Ship handles nicely, better than my Centaur with the same mods.

As far as I can see, all the guns are working. But sometimes its hard to tell.

Only thing I did, was forgot to give the turrents orders to fire. So check that you have.

Edit : Yes your right. 4 front guns not firing and at least 2 of the turrents. I found a discrepancy I thought might cause it but it didnt fix it. I may have to go back to the original single gun turrents and start again with them.

I may also go back to the Centaur as the base, since the Osprey doesnt have a rear turrent.

Will ponder on this. If anyone has any ideas they would like to see, let me know.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sun, 9. Apr 06, 20:45

apricotslice wrote:Edit : Yes your right. 4 front guns not firing and at least 2 of the turrents. I found a discrepancy I thought might cause it but it didnt fix it. I may have to go back to the original single gun turrents and start again with them.

I may also go back to the Centaur as the base, since the Osprey doesnt have a rear turrent.

Will ponder on this. If anyone has any ideas they would like to see, let me know.
Well, besides the fact im using a different bod file, not sure which mod I have combined that had it, all of my turrets are working. Fronts all 8, 5 on top, 3 on each side.

I like the idea of going to the Centaur :P I was alerdy debateing on changeing that myself, im an argon person, dun fly any other ship, but I also dun hesitate to fire upon others. Ive had some bad luck with the gunbus lately, I think its due to a curse, because the ships not built by argon :lol:

A rear turret would be better for "missile defence".

Wandering Panther
x3tc

Post by Wandering Panther » Sun, 9. Apr 06, 21:07

I look forward to seeing the next one. I'll probably keep my Gunbus for the mo' though - it's still an ideal UT and almost too good for a personal ship :D

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 03:25

New Centaur version of the Gunbus now available for download.

Still investigating why the Osprey turrents are not working.

rizzo420
x3

Post by rizzo420 » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 04:11

Huh...and here I thought mine was screwed up because I was using the Fortress Ship mod also...
Split Say AAAAAAAAA!!!

Cargo bay now contains: Elephant.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 04:16

rizzo420 wrote:Huh...and here I thought mine was screwed up because I was using the Fortress Ship mod also...
I have both the gunbus and the fortress mods merged in my main game.

I dont think its the fortress mod per se.

However, you can only use one mod at a time, and both the mods use the same ship slot. So if you use the gunbus mod and use the add fortress script, you get a gunbus :)

Once the gunbus is working to peoples satisfaction, I could merge the gunbus and fortess mods (if the fortress author has no objection).

I'm also looking at the M7 defense platform at the moment.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 04:45

apricotslice wrote: I have both the gunbus and the fortress mods merged in my main game.

Once the gunbus is working to peoples satisfaction, I could merge the gunbus and fortess mods (if the fortress author has no objection).

I'm also looking at the M7 defense platform at the moment.
I have the Gunbus / Fortress / M7 / M6 upgrade I beleive, not sure what else! :P all combined for my main game. (took the time to fix all the cockpits as well)
Huh...and here I thought mine was screwed up because I was using the Fortress Ship mod also...
This would mess up the cockpits most definatly, even if you added the cockpits for each ship in Tcockpits, you would need to edit the cockpits for the turrets in Tships as well. (Possibly the main cockpit as well).

Jsangster
x3

Question

Post by Jsangster » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 15:14

does the version 2 of this mod still have the osprey in it? I'd like both since i have some of those ospreys running about acting as sector traders right now.

would definitely like to use the centaur version as well.

PLEASE, if your going to put cockpits in, please leave us a standard version as well. I hate the cockpits, I know some like them, so make them a version too.

thats the only reason im not using the M7 mod now, the cockpits totally screwed up my game. thanks

apricotslice
x4

Re: Question

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 15:39

Jsangster wrote:does the version 2 of this mod still have the osprey in it? I'd like both since i have some of those ospreys running about acting as sector traders right now.would definitely like to use the centaur version as well.
The 2nd version is a Centaur. You can use only one or the other.

If you install the second version, the ospreys will magically turn into Centaurs :)

This is because of the mechanics of the specification files. If I can solve the problems in the Ospreys, I may do another version with both ships. But for the moment, the game will only see which ever mod file you use and change any ship you already included to that.

And dont confuse the Gunbus with the original Osprey, as they are a different ship. An Osprey will always remain an Osprey in the game even while you use the mod.
PLEASE, if your going to put cockpits in, please leave us a standard version as well. I hate the cockpits, I know some like them, so make them a version too.thats the only reason im not using the M7 mod now, the cockpits totally screwed up my game. thanks
No, theres a misunderstanding here.

What your referring to as a cockpit is a picture that overlays the screen when facing forward.

What has been mentioned here is a file within the game specifications called tcockpits which describes the turrents. So discussion here mentioning cockpits is actually referring to turrent designs.

x2newbie1
x3

Post by x2newbie1 » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 17:05

apricotslice wrote: Still investigating why the Osprey turrents are not working.
You probably forgot to pull something in from the M6 upgrade (eg. he made 2 changes to do something and you made only one change when you used his as a basis for your mod). Notice it works with Ashley and she's got the M6 upgrade. This is just a guess cause I've not looked at either yours or his.
Last edited by x2newbie1 on Mon, 10. Apr 06, 17:19, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”