[SCRIPT] Advanced Jumpdrive V1.50 : Updated 11/03/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[SCRIPT] Advanced Jumpdrive V1.50 : Updated 11/03/2007

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 4. Apr 06, 21:45

===========================================
Name: X3 Advanced Jumpdrive
Version: V1.50
Author: Cycrow
Updated: 11/03/2007
:arrow: Download Script Package: Main Webpage : Mirror Site
:idea: Requires Script Manager to install.
:idea: Also Requires EMP
:!: Addon: Jump Scripts Replacement

I made several jumpdrive scripts as part of a project im doing, and as a few people have asked, i deceided to release it seperatly too.

This script adds 3 new upgrades available to buy from argon equipment docks.

Also includes an Auto Jump command to make use of the Advanced Jumpdrive in any command

1. Jumpdrive Energy Generator

The Energy Generator is used to give energy to the jumpdrive so you can make a jump without the need for energy.
You still require the jumpdrive to be installed to make the jump.

2. Advanced Jumpdrive

The adcanved jumpdrive is a combination of the Jumpdrive and Jumpdrive Energy Generator, when you have the Advanced jumpdrive installed you
dont need to have the normal jumpdrive to make the jump.

3. Using Jumpdrive

To juse the energy free jumpdrive you goto the ships navigation commands and select the Energy Free Jump command and select
the sector.

4. Jumpdrive Targetting Scanners

The targetting scanners are used to allow you to jump to a position within a sector rather that just to the gate.
requires the targeting scanners upgrade as well as the Advanced jumpdrive to function.

5. Hotkeys

There are 2 hotkeys added, the first will store your current ships position
and the second will allow you to jump directly to that stored position.
You must first assign keys to these from the controls menu under the interface tab.

6. Auto Jump Command

The autojump command is used to make your ship automatically use the jumpdrive when traveling to a destination thats a few sectors away

7. Uninstalling

When uninstalling from the Script Manager, you need to run the game after uninstalling so the unisntall scripts can run and remove everything
from the game. After running the game, use the option in the Script Manager to remove these unisntall scripts.
Last edited by Cycrow on Thu, 17. Jan 08, 23:25, edited 13 times in total.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 4. Apr 06, 21:49

I trust it's stupid expensive? f it's less than 10mil, I'm gonna be upset. :P

I suppose I'll ask the inevitable question: I'm assuming non-player ships (UTs) can't use it?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 4. Apr 06, 21:51

yeah its only for player ships atm :)

and it is less than 10 million im afraid

its 9 million :P

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 4. Apr 06, 22:05

:lol:

Nice. You know, I *had* to ask that question. :)

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 4. Apr 06, 22:17

<slaps fud for asking the question> :rant:
:rofl:

Klyith
x3

Post by Klyith » Tue, 4. Apr 06, 23:05

Does this use the standard "add energy needed to jump to player's ship" method like LV's cheat script? Or is it the new "free jump via a sector without gates" idea that you thought up a little while ago?

Also, I know this isn't going to fly well with you, but could you think about making your scripts available in plain zips (or rar etc)? The packager is very nice and all, but not everyone uses it. I prefer the plain manual method myself, and also I like to look inside the scripts a bit first.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 00:30

Jakesnake5 wrote:<slaps fud for asking the question> :rant:
:rofl:
Come on dude, you know it had to be asked. I was just doing my part of the new guy that just got X3, and wandered in here semi-on accident. :P

If I didn't someone would. I don't mind being the horse's ass for a day.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 00:37

Klyith wrote:Does this use the standard "add energy needed to jump to player's ship" method like LV's cheat script? Or is it the new "free jump via a sector without gates" idea that you thought up a little while ago?

Also, I know this isn't going to fly well with you, but could you think about making your scripts available in plain zips (or rar etc)? The packager is very nice and all, but not everyone uses it. I prefer the plain manual method myself, and also I like to look inside the scripts a bit first.
there really is no way to make a trule free jumpdrive, its hardcode to require energy cells
what this does it put the energy cells into the cargo hold so a jump can be made.

but what it also does, it it will remove anything currently in your cargo hold, including wepaons and shields to make room for energy cells, so you can jump with a full cargo hold. then restores your ship back when the jump is finished.

the program with using zip files, is that my scripts use alot of shared files and shared text files. so if i update one, i have to update the others to make sure they always have the current files.
to make zip files means i would need to copy all the files out into seperate directories make sure each of the scripts have the updated files, then go through each script and create a zip file, then put them on all the servers there hosting on, its just too much effort to keep doing that all the time.
with the script manager, whenever i want to update any scripts, i just double click on a single file, and its all done for me, packages are creates and thier uploaded directly onto the servers

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 01:56

Another 5 star script Cycrow. :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 04:30

Can you add a hotkey in the controls for this? :P As I hate haveing to go through cmds, where I could just hit a button on my Airflow pad :P Besides that Great Idea :P

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 04:59

I still have no clue how hotkeys work. Been looking at the scripts, blankly, for hours....

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 10:56

all you gotta do to learn it is to stare at some scripts that all use that function and find the similarity :wink:

Code: Select all

Afterburner script

001   load text: id=7532
003   $ID = get global variable: name='Afterburn.KeyID'
004   if $ID < 0 OR $ID == null
005    $NewID =  register hotkey 'Afterburner' to call script 'plugin.afterburn.switch'
006    set global variable: name='Afterburn.KeyID' value=$NewID
007   end
009 @ = [THIS] -> call script 'lib.cycrow.addware' :  Station Type=Split Equipment Dock  Race of station=Split  Product To Add=Afterburner MK1  Break Out Point=100
010 @ = [THIS] -> call script 'lib.cycrow.addware' :  Station Type=Split Equipment Dock  Race of station=Split  Product To Add=Afterburner MK2  Break Out Point=100
011   return null

Destruct Hotkey Script

001   $ID = get global variable: name='plugin.destruct.hotkey'
002   if $ID < 0 OR $ID == null
003    $ID =  register hotkey 'Destruct Target' to call script 'plugin.destruct.hotkey'
004    set global variable: name='plugin.destruct.hotkey' value=$ID
005   end
006   return null

SOS Mk2

001   load text: id=7533
003   $ID = get global variable: name='Override.KeyID'
005    $NewID =  register hotkey 'Claim Targeted Ship' to call script 'plugin.override.claim'
006    set global variable: name='Override.KeyID' value=$NewID
007   end
009 @ = [THIS] -> call script 'lib.cycrow.addware' :  Station Type=Pirate Base  Race of station=Pirates  Product To Add=System Override Software MK2  Break Out Point=100
011   set script command upgrade: command=COMMAND_CLAIM_SHIP  upgrade=System Override Software MK2
012   global script map: set: key=COMMAND_CLAIM_SHIP, class=Ship, race=Player, script='plugin.override.enable', prio=0
014   * Get no pilot string
015   $Ship =  create ship: type=Caiman owner=Neutral Race addto=[SECTOR] x=1 y=1 z=1
016   $Pilot = $Ship -> get pilot name
017   set global variable: name='plugin.override.pilot' value=$Pilot
018   $Ship -> destruct: show no explosion=[TRUE]
020   return null
see any identicle lines :P

cheers stevio

RJV
x3tc

Post by RJV » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 10:58

Klyith wrote: Also, I know this isn't going to fly well with you, but could you think about making your scripts available in plain zips (or rar etc)? The packager is very nice and all, but not everyone uses it. I prefer the plain manual method myself, and also I like to look inside the scripts a bit first.
What I did on my work PC (so no X3 :D ) was to install the script manager and point it to a dummy x3 installation. All you need is a file called x3.exe (which can be anything of course) in the directory you point to (at least that was all you needed when I set this up a while back). That way you get the scripts and can look at them before deciding whether or not to manually copy them in place (or using a 'proper' installation of the script manager that points to the genuine x3 installation).

Cheers,

Rob.

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 11:02

you do realise when you install a .SPK it places the files in the scripts and t folders

then you can look in the scripts in there :roll:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 13:00

SaintAshley wrote:Can you add a hotkey in the controls for this? :P As I hate haveing to go through cmds, where I could just hit a button on my Airflow pad :P Besides that Great Idea :P
unfortuatly no, i wanted to use a hotkey, but hotkeys dont accept aguments, so theres no way to get the sector imput via a hotkey

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 13:02

RJV wrote:
Klyith wrote: Also, I know this isn't going to fly well with you, but could you think about making your scripts available in plain zips (or rar etc)? The packager is very nice and all, but not everyone uses it. I prefer the plain manual method myself, and also I like to look inside the scripts a bit first.
What I did on my work PC (so no X3 :D ) was to install the script manager and point it to a dummy x3 installation. All you need is a file called x3.exe (which can be anything of course) in the directory you point to (at least that was all you needed when I set this up a while back). That way you get the scripts and can look at them before deciding whether or not to manually copy them in place (or using a 'proper' installation of the script manager that points to the genuine x3 installation).

Cheers,

Rob.
or just use the "open" option in the packager and it will unpack a SPK file ;)

Yellowman
x4

Post by Yellowman » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 13:39

An other nice script Cycrow tnx (u keep the game new tnx). :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 13:47

stevio wrote:all you gotta do to learn it is to stare at some scripts that all use that function and find the similarity :wink:

001   load text: id=7532
003   $ID = get global variable: name='Afterburn.KeyID'
005    $NewID =  register hotkey 'Afterburner' to call script 'plugin.afterburn.switch'
006    set global variable: name='Afterburn.KeyID' value=$NewID
007   end

see any identicle lines :P 

cheers stevio[/quote]

Yep, sure do. But, pardon my density. Where does it actually say WHAT the hotkey is? "0"? I apologise, it's 7:30 am, I just got to work, and haven't had any coffee yet...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 13:56

the "register hotkey" command is the one you need
the first script, 'Afterburn' is the name that appears in controls menu
and the call scripts 'plugin.afterburn.switch' is the script that gets called when the hotkey is pressed

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 14:10

Pardon, coffee's not done yet, if I put:

005 $NewID = register hotkey ']' to call script 'sosmk2'
[code]

I know, the script name is wrong. :P But, will that assign the ] (right bracket) to claim ships?

Also, you said it doesn't work for variables, so, since you have to select the ship via the map, would it even be worth trying, or would it use the ship that's targetted?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”