[MOD] Extended Complex Hub and Complex Node Bazaar [Updated 6/3/06]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Which race's Complex Construction Kit should I replace with the Extended Construction Kit?

Poll ended at Wed, 12. Apr 06, 02:35

Argon
57%
Boron
14%
Paranid
No votes
Split
No votes
Teladi
29%

Total votes: 7

Armegeddon
x4

[MOD] Extended Complex Hub and Complex Node Bazaar [Updated 6/3/06]

Post by Armegeddon » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 16:33

Extended Complex Hub and Complex Node Bazaar

Replaces the standard 10 dock Complex Hub with an Extended Complex Hub offering much increased docking facilities.
Also adds a Complex Node Bazaar which has 14 connection nodes, no docking ability, and no products or resources.

Frequently Asked Questions and Troubleshooting here
Please read before installing this mod.

Downloads:
Standalone versions not combined with any other mods.

Extended Complex Hub and Node Bazaar

Merged versions

Extended Complex Hub merged with Ashley's L/XL/XXL factories mod can be found in the thread for the XXL mod HERE.

All versions use Cycrows Script Manager

From the Readme:
Extended Complex Hub and Complex Node Bazaar for all races (standalone)

This mod replaces the standard 10 dock Complex Hub with an Extended Complex Hub featuring increased docking capabilities.
It also provides a Complex Node Bazaar which has 14 connection nodes, but no docking and no products or resources.

Both items will be stocked at every shipyard in the game. They have no reputation requirement to buy, so as long as you can dock a TL to the shipyard, you can buy one. The Complex Node Bazaar is priced at 1,038,784 credits (4 times a normal construction kit), and the Extended Complex Hub is priced at 779,088 credits (3 times a normal construction kit).

Installation:
1) Ensure no ships are docked at any of your complex hubs.
2) Do not be in the same sector as any complex hub.
3) Use Cycrows script manager

Uninstalling:
Due to the game being unable to reconcile the number of docking spaces when the complex hub changes, uninstalling this mod will make your game unloadable. If you really wish to uninstall, destroy all of the Extended Complex Hubs and save your game first.

What was changed:
Tfactories.xml was modified to replace the race Complex Construction Kits and Complex Hubs slots with the Extended Complex Hub.
This was necesarry due to the game refusing to place a construction kit/complex hub if it was not in one of those 5 positions in the file.
Complex Node Bazaar was added after the Paranid Tractor Beam Factory.

Picture:
Extended Complex Hub
Click here for larger picture.

[ external image ]

View this post for more pictures.

Complex Node Bazaar

[ external image ]
Click here for larger picture.
Last edited by Armegeddon on Sun, 24. Dec 06, 09:02, edited 9 times in total.
There is a thin line between genius & insanity i have erased this line

Armegeddon's X3 scripts and mods

Armegeddon
x4

[MOD] Goner Complex Node Bazaar

Post by Armegeddon » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 17:11

Deleted: Merged into Original Post.
Last edited by Armegeddon on Wed, 5. Apr 06, 19:27, edited 2 times in total.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 17:53

Great job :)
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 18:09

That is so sweet. This is going to be great for single node factories. Put this on the end of a supply string, plop all the factories on it. Plus, I'd imagine it'd look far more appealing.

Now, if you could connect this to 13 of the super docks....

Being able to accommodate 160 docked ships would be ludicrous. :D

I wasn't going to make a fuel/weed comp in my current game, but I think I may make a super comp now.

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 19:44

sounds great

Is there any problems with undocking by the placement of those docking arms?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 20:44

Plaid? (sorry, reference of ludicrous and Space Balls there) :D

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 20:53

Very Nice Armegeddon :P

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 21:29

Jakesnake5 wrote:Plaid? (sorry, reference of ludicrous and Space Balls there) :D

Sadly, I thought that as I typed it. Glad someone commented. :)

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 22:26

Very nice work Armegeddon. Three cheers!

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 22:33

Not that I've noticed so far, but I haven't played with it too much. Pretty much just made sure they were spaced far enough apart that ships could dock at all of them. While putting 20 spawned ships in them some NPCs docked and undocked and I didn't see them having any problems

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 1. Apr 06, 02:48

Excellent ! :)

Edit :

May I use the pic in the X3 Handbook ?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 1. Apr 06, 09:32

May I use the pic for the X3 Handbook ?

Krim
x4

Post by Krim » Sat, 1. Apr 06, 13:05

great one

now i can finaly use ccomplex's for someting (but would be nice with just a little bit more docking space :wink: )

halo112358
x3

Post by halo112358 » Sat, 1. Apr 06, 13:05

That is awesome, congratulations :D
*** modified ***

[ external image ]

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Sat, 1. Apr 06, 14:07

apricotslice wrote:Excellent ! :)

Edit :

May I use the pic in the X3 Handbook ?
Go ahead. Anyone who wants to use any parts of something I made is free to do so. All I ask is that you credit me somewhere in whatever you use it for.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 1. Apr 06, 14:12

Thankyou :)

BTW, how do we get one into the game ?

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Sat, 1. Apr 06, 17:39

If you installed the .spk using cycrows script manager, when you load a game or start a new game, the setup script will run and install them into race shipyard in the universe.
One thing I neglected to disable in the script was a debug message that sends a message to the logbook everytime one is put in a shipyard. You can easily disable the debug message by opening setup.Complex.Node.Bazaar and either comment out, with the "," key, or delete the logbook line. it should be line 21 or 22 in the script. I'll re-release a fixed version without the logbook messages later on..

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 2. Apr 06, 12:42

I've successfully gotten the new dock into the game (I think), took a mod combine to do it, as it crashed the save load as an 07 file with my mod after it. I dont think I missed anything in the combine.

The current docks in the game are the same as they were.

Was this supposed to change ? Or am I missing something ?

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Sun, 2. Apr 06, 16:01

apricotslice wrote:I've successfully gotten the new dock into the game (I think), took a mod combine to do it, as it crashed the save load as an 07 file with my mod after it. I dont think I missed anything in the combine.

The current docks in the game are the same as they were.

Was this supposed to change ? Or am I missing something ?
What mods do you have all installed, and what order are they in?
The way mods/false patches work is this:
The game starts with 01.cat and then proceeds through ##.cat in the main X3 directory. Files in the higher numbered ones overwrite ones from lower numbered ones. Then whatever mod you select in the main screen is loaded. Any files that are in that .cat file overwrite any from the patches/false patches.
I'm only able to come up with three possibilities as to why the hub wouldn't change: 1) You didn't install it correctly, 2) Whatever mod you have selected from the /mod folder replaces my modified hub with the original again. 3) There were ships docked at the hub when the mod was installed (don't know if that would do it or not though).
The name of the docks will be the same, only the model has changed. They will appear exactly the same in the property screen, but if you look at one in-sector, you will see the 4 docking arms.

BTW, I'm looking into adding an internal docking bay for small ships to the hub (looks like that space between the arms might be large enough to hold one). Also considering removing the two lower docking hubs from the arms and replacing them with Capital Ship docks so big ships can dock at it also.
Doing the above would mean that the Hub would be able to dock several small ships (don't know how many each docking bay can hold), upto 10 M6s, and 2 M1/M2 class ships.
The only problem I forsee is that if a connection tube comes off the lower node on the back and goes to the side, it might cause an undocking capital ship to hit it, but I think I can move the rear nodes to a different position to avoid that. Need to test that part yet.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 2. Apr 06, 16:26

Armegeddon wrote:What mods do you have all installed, and what order are they in?
None installed alone. I had the fortress mod as 07 and your dock mod installed itself as 08. Then my personal mod in \mods.

My personal mod only contains types directory files, nothing else.

In assempling a single mod, I extracted all files from the 3 mods into separate directories, then added your mod files into a new cat, added the fortress support files to the new cat (no duplicates), then all the types files from my mod. Then I extracted the fortress from the tships file and added it to mine, and the new node station to the tfactories files, bottom of each.

I'm pretty sure nothing from the mod overwrote anything else, nor did I miss anything.

There are 4 files under the stations directory structure.
I'm only able to come up with three possibilities as to why the hub wouldn't change: 1) You didn't install it correctly, 2) Whatever mod you have selected from the /mod folder replaces my modified hub with the original again. 3) There were ships docked at the hub when the mod was installed (don't know if that would do it or not though).
1. The installer did it without a hassel the first time, I assume. Its possibel I've mucked up the merge, but I cant see how offhand.

2. Not that I can see.

3. Thats entirely possible. All 3 of my hubs are very busy places, but I only checked one. Could the change kick in when there is no-one docked ? Should I generate an empty dock by putting all the prices up and scareing them away ?
The name of the docks will be the same, only the model has changed. They will appear exactly the same in the property screen, but if you look at one in-sector, you will see the 4 docking arms.
Can you check the names are the same ? I cannot find the same names as in the download, under the docks directory, in any previous game cat. The only ones I can find have completely different names.

[/quote]BTW, I'm looking into adding an internal docking bay for small ships to the hub (looks like that space between the arms might be large enough to hold one). Also considering removing the two lower docking hubs from the arms and replacing them with Capital Ship docks so big ships can dock at it also.
Doing the above would mean that the Hub would be able to dock several small ships (don't know how many each docking bay can hold), upto 10 M6s, and 2 M1/M2 class ships.
The only problem I forsee is that if a connection tube comes off the lower node on the back and goes to the side, it might cause an undocking capital ship to hit it, but I think I can move the rear nodes to a different position to avoid that. Need to test that part yet.[/quote]

Sounds like a good idea, but remember that while some people use there complex for personal ship fitout, for which capital ship docking would be good, others only seel from them and they need SF freighter docking at maximum. I would suggest only 1 Cap ship dock is necessary, and try to retain 15 external docks for M6 and freighters, and about 20 internal fighter docks.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”