[Script] Out of sector Reward beta (27/12/2007)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nemeo
x3ap

[Script] Out of sector Reward beta (27/12/2007)

Post by Nemeo » Tue, 21. Mar 06, 04:58

Features:

_ When any of your ship destroy an enemy of the sector owner, you will be rewarded provided you have the police licence.

_ When one of your ship toke part in a battle but don't give the last shot, you will be rewarded anyway.

Beta version. Mod manager is required. Use at your own risks. Comment and bug report welcomed.

OOS Reward beta

AI and bounty 1.28b. (for older version of X3. May not work with X3 2.0)

Download (zip version):

http://www.savefile.com/files/347929
Last edited by Nemeo on Tue, 27. Nov 07, 13:45, edited 48 times in total.

Nemeo
x3ap

Post by Nemeo » Tue, 21. Mar 06, 11:30

New version 0.9
Last edited by Nemeo on Tue, 27. Nov 07, 13:56, edited 18 times in total.

Icecola
x3tc

Post by Icecola » Tue, 21. Mar 06, 15:00

Interesting idea.
Now, before I try this, few questions:

- How does XP level on AI ships effect on "toughness"? Gives boost on turning rates/speed, better/faster turret handling? Or is this just another immersion value with no real bearing? And no, am not bashing your script, just wondering how does AI XP really effect...one thing that I forgot to ask on forums before...:)

*Bounty have been raised to about 5% of the target's value. *
- Does this mean that when killing - for example pirate falcon - I get bounty 5% of ships initial value? In OOS too? That would be quite a profitsss roll indeed....:) Imagine killing Xenon P/K/J.

Nemeo
x3ap

Post by Nemeo » Tue, 21. Mar 06, 17:35

The game has been built with a fightskill value (with dedicated files) and everything looks like it has a real influence on AI behaviour. If it works as it should, every ship is given a fightskill value when they start attacking if they don't already have one. This fightskill value defines the AI skills during the fight.

I've modified the file which defines aggressivity, dogfight skills... Etc. Such as speed in % of maximal speed, firerate of missile, intensity of evasive movements, firing burst length... Etc.

The game has 7 built in levels but only uses 6 of them (the missing is the strongest) and level 2 appears very scarcely in game due to a code mistake. I've increased low level AI stats, and slightly increased probabilities for stronger AI to appear (level 7 had 0% anyway).

Bounties should work OOS as I used the get attacked signal, which if I remember works OOS. Remember that bounties are given only if the target is enemy to the sector's owner, and if you have the bounty hunter license.

Bounties are based on Argon prices, as they are said to be medium in everything. Kill a M2 and you'll get a hell of a profitsss. 5% may look a bit generous, but if you try to kill a M2 without abusing of the game (like sticking in a dead angle) you'll see that it's worth the 3 millions credits offered.

New version is available. Feedbacks will be warmly welcomed.
Last edited by Nemeo on Wed, 22. Mar 06, 12:16, edited 3 times in total.

maelegro
x3

Post by maelegro » Wed, 22. Mar 06, 02:50

This looks like a fun script to use, but... is there any way I can make it compatible with some of the other AL scripts? I'm using sector takeover & race response fleets, I don't think I would drop both of those for this one.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Wed, 22. Mar 06, 03:41

Sounds like this can make easy pray targets a tad bit harder but... Is this script compatable with teracorp pilots and the such. I would assume so because your claiming this deals with internal fight ranks, but I would rather ask :P Thanks!

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Wed, 22. Mar 06, 04:29

Is there any way I can make it compatible with some of the other AL scripts? I'm using sector takeover & race response fleets, I don't think I would drop both of those for this one.
It's compatible.
Is this script compatable with teracorp pilots and the such.
Nope, both scripts play with the same signals. It's one or the other, not both.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Wed, 22. Mar 06, 04:35

Serial Kicked wrote:Nope, both scripts play with the same signals. It's one or the other, not both.
Heh darn... thanks Serial.

And now to make the decision... nor am I admiting which way I go for the hard works of both scripters!

Nemeo
x3ap

Post by Nemeo » Wed, 22. Mar 06, 11:44

Thanks Serial.

According to the sticky about english scripts, mine uses a free text file. So it should be compatible with any script around there providing:

_ It doesn't play with (or cancel) egosoft's fightskill value, as I've changed it. Its minimal value was decreased from 3 to 1 and it's maximal value was increased from 24 (or so) to 100 to get accurate probabilities of fightskills spawning.

_ It doesn't use the ship.signal.killed. It could be easy to make them compatible if we had a problem just with this signal but having too much scripts linked to that signal could make the game stuttering... or the scripts no working, depending on your cpu speed.

My script doesn't make critical changes to immersion. It just uses a value as it should have been, and makes bounty hunting a lot more rewarding (as it was far from being a profitable lifestyle before).

We don't get a bounty that easily in the game, and capturing a ship is still a lot more rewarding than my 5%. However if most of you find that bounties amounts are too high and that it creates unbalances, I may lower it a bit.

edit: I've debugged all I could find by reading my whole script three times and I commented it to death for Serial Kicked to check it a last time (he helped me so much that he considers this script his own work. lol). So tell me if you find something wrong as I probably won't.

Nemeo
x3ap

Post by Nemeo » Wed, 22. Mar 06, 13:23

WARNING! The X-script version seems not to work as expected! I've noticed that signed files were not overwritten by "my" files, which means that the AI won't be changed and that patrols tweaks won't be effective if you installed my script with the manager. So if you installed it with the manager please follow the instructions in my next post.
Last edited by Nemeo on Wed, 22. Mar 06, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 22. Mar 06, 13:25

the script manager should backup the existing scripts then replace them with the ones in the script. send me the spk version, and ill take alook
cycrow@ircwhore.co.uk

Nemeo
x3ap

Post by Nemeo » Wed, 22. Mar 06, 13:29

No more useful post.

Nemeo
x3ap

Post by Nemeo » Mon, 27. Mar 06, 15:17

Here is the 1.25.

I'm sorry for releasing such a buggy 1.21. I wanted to give the most updated version and it truly lacked of testing. I didn't have an internet connection last weekend that's why I couldn't upload 1.25 earlier. Hopefully, this one has been strongly tested, I tryied to cheat the system as far as I could, spammed debbug messages at every corner and got killed many times for assaulting novas in a buster. Let's say you can't be a good scripter and a good pilot at the same time :roll: . Any question will be answered. Be sure I'll strongly test any next version.

To come:
_ a ship's AI won't level up if the player is piloting it.
_ Trying to fix the empty ship issue (see at the end of the first post). Don't expect it too much, it's an annoying one.

Have a good day.

A shameful scripter.

edit: Version 1.27 is out. No bug in sight. I've read it again 6th times and improved many areas (in term of coding).

Nemeo
x3ap

Post by Nemeo » Wed, 19. Apr 06, 20:43

Someone forced me to search far far away in my memories to remember what I did in this script. So I post my answer here so that everyone will have access to these informations, including me :).

Some people might have misunderstood what my script does. The few modifications I made are not supposed to make the AI drastically better than the best AI you could meet in the unmodded game. What I did is only one or two improvements based on the game's own mechanics. It does not change how the AI thinks, it just improves a little bit how it acts. My "work" was based on 1 main principle: that every files the game installs are used by the game. If yes, here is how X3's AI works according to what I understood:

Everytime a ship starts fighting, the game checks if it has a fightskill value or not. If not, it randomly picks one of the predetermined skills and the ship will keep this skill during the whole game.

Here are the skills that the fightskill value determines:
050 $Attackruntimeout = 4000
051 $Defencemoveintensity = 100
052 $Defencemovetimeout = 3000
053 $MissileSkill = 80
054 $DefenceDistance = 300
055 $MaxSpeed = 100

These are values used by the best fightskill level. Each of the 7 levels has its own values. The only thing I did was to correct 2 bugs and increase those skill values for the weaker skill levels. The first bug prevented skill level 2 from spawning (low probabilities due to a typo mistake). The second prevented skill level 7 (the one above) from spawning because the conditions required for its spawning couldn't be met.

If this file is not used by the game, then all I did was to add grades to ships. But that looks cool anyway, doesn't it? :)

The other part of my script set up a leveling system based on the xp the ships get by killing other ships. I worked hard on balancing it, balancing bounties, fixing bug, improving its speed so that it won't freeze the game.

From an AI point of view, just remember that I didn't add anything new to how the game thinks. I only increased the average skill of ships you will meet and, I hope so, made the game a little more challenging in large dogfights.

This last version (1.27) is bug free, and does twice more than what I had planned when I wrote the first line of it. Until someone gives a good idea to improve it, or until I find something interesting to add, this will be the last version. I won't try to change how the game fights. Firstly because I'm no AI programmer. Secondly because I'm a noob at scripting. And finally because dogfight tactics is not part of my studies.

Have a good day. ;)

Silver_Wolf
x4

Post by Silver_Wolf » Mon, 21. Aug 06, 09:49

Hi all!

Unfortunately, both download links are down :cry:

So, if someone already have this script, or if Nemeo didn`t deleted it from HD, please upload to somewhere else... I really want to try it out :)
Live to fly, fly to live... (c) Iron Maiden, "Aces High"
-----
A little more about the engine :)
P4 3.0 @ 3.5 HT Prescott (2 Mb L2 Cache)
1 Gb Dual DDR
Asus P5P800 (i865PE)
GF 7800 GS (XTX)
80 Gb SATA 150 HDD
...So why it still falls to 10 fps sometimes?!. =)

azrael573
x4

Post by azrael573 » Mon, 21. Aug 06, 14:15

You can get it here from my webspace.

http://members.cox.net/wyee/X3/Leveling_AI_v1.27.zip

Its the Cycrow's SPK file type, so you'll need his tool to install this one.

Azrael573

Silver_Wolf
x4

Post by Silver_Wolf » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 09:41

azrael573
Many thanks for the fast response and the working link :)

The script is exactly that what I was looking for... It looks like the "real game", unlike the "Real Pilots" script, for example, as it doesn`t add any "uncommon" commands or environment, just fills the unused space in the game. =) My traders have their unique names and skills, so my fighters must be the same! )

Nemeo, thanks for realization of my desire in advance)

Good flights!
Live to fly, fly to live... (c) Iron Maiden, "Aces High"
-----
A little more about the engine :)
P4 3.0 @ 3.5 HT Prescott (2 Mb L2 Cache)
1 Gb Dual DDR
Asus P5P800 (i865PE)
GF 7800 GS (XTX)
80 Gb SATA 150 HDD
...So why it still falls to 10 fps sometimes?!. =)

Nemeo
x3ap

Post by Nemeo » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 02:02

You're welcome Silver. I hope my script managed to fill your void. :D

And thank you very much Azrael for uploading it. Savefile deleted my files and I don't have them anymore. So you're the last server hosting my work. The last defence line before my work on X3 disappears.

Be advised that I experienced some troubles with the manager version (but it looks like I'm the only one). Besides, as I'm probably the only user of the unmanaged version of the script (which makes about 50% of the people using it), I won't upload it again.

So praise Azrael everytime his link works. I already did.

azrael573
x4

Post by azrael573 » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 02:16

Your welcome guys. And now that you mentioned you don't have a copy of it anymore. For added extra security. I have uploaded to another site of mine.

If the first link doesn't work (which is very rare, its my ISP web server) this link is my second link for it (my school's web server). Enjoy.

http://www.cs.odu.edu/~wyee/X3/Leveling_AI_v1.27.zip

Azrael573

helias126

Post by helias126 » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 10:21

Azrael rules, thanks a lot :D

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”