Real pilots project modified for x3

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

balogt
x3

Real pilots project modified for x3

Post by balogt » Sat, 25. Feb 06, 04:21

i have finally altered the origional real pilots to work with x3. i have made use of some new faces and voices and have the humans working good as well. full credit for the scipts(s) must go to the origionator(s) and all i did was monkey with it.

if someone has the ability to get it from me and host it im sure people will want this addon. if noone can host it ill do transactions via email.

balogm@hushmail.com

cheers
balog

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Sat, 25. Feb 06, 04:28

E-mail it to nuclear_eclipse@leetcode.net and I'll put it up on my server. Cheers.

edit: fixed my email address...

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Sat, 25. Feb 06, 19:33

would it be out of turn to ask what it is :)

will it give my wingys identities??? (wishfuk thinking :D )

and will they message me `im hit!!` (wishfuller thinking :D )

ta

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Sat, 25. Feb 06, 23:59

balogt
x3

what it is

Post by balogt » Sun, 26. Feb 06, 00:34

its an interesting script(s)

1. allows you to hire real pilots to assign to ships. each race has its own faces and voices that you can chat with. creates a sence of realism..hence the name

2. the pilots have 2 major skills which are varied dependant on the individual...and yes better is actually better in combat..ie much better..
i usually hire xterme pilots and keen or higher skill levels in the two areas. when you list the pilots (at the local trading station) it will tell you their name and their skills and prefered ship class. it is not necessary to give them their fav ship..just makes their xp go up faster.

3. their skills increase with rank.

4. you will have to pay for them but its not that bad.

5. new commands allow you customize how they behave. if you have a ship that has multiple weapons capable they will choose the best for each scenereo and use it.. much like gun crews.

OH and you will need to customize the company name and the CEO name as i have used my name Martin Balog for the CEO and the GDI name for company...simply change them in the scripts or use the command line to change them.

ANYONE wanting more info look at the readme file for the origional real pilots project for x2.

cheers
Balog

Dunks
x3

Post by Dunks » Sun, 26. Feb 06, 12:14

This is exelent, adds a lot to the game, can't understand why this was not included in the game.
Great job :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Sun, 26. Feb 06, 21:10

im almost gobsmakked...can it really be wot im after :wink:

oh real pilots for my m5 wingys, i pretend they have pilots now and name em, the ones that survive a while i get attached to and find im trying to save em in combat....this could just give it the extra thing i need.

ta

Lobai
x3

Post by Lobai » Sun, 26. Feb 06, 21:16

It SOUNDS fantastic. I'll give it a go.

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Sun, 26. Feb 06, 21:25

ah i was gonna say er theres no readme file in the download....but now ive read again i guess i need to do some searching.

lastly i couldnt see this in the list of community mods/scripts at the top, i think it should be :)

now off to find the readme, maybe you cud add it to the rar file somtime :wink:

all i can find is this for x2, im sure it aint right
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=67109
its xai corp real combat pilots, that it?

srry to be a pain in the butt

hmmmn now i think it is it, he he....well it sure sounds the same 8)

but ill just say if thats the readme on the page above its a bit er vague :D
Last edited by alphalvr on Sun, 26. Feb 06, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.

argharg
x3

Post by argharg » Sun, 26. Feb 06, 21:36

CoOl, would be nice to have a version compatible with cycrow script installer

Lobai
x3

Post by Lobai » Sun, 26. Feb 06, 22:01

alphalvr wrote:ah i was gonna say er theres no readme file in the download....but now ive read again i guess i need to do some searching.

lastly i couldnt see this in the list of community mods/scripts at the top, i think it should be :)

now off to find the readme, maybe you cud add it to the rar file somtime :wink:

all i can find is this for x2, im sure it aint right
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=67109
its xai corp real combat pilots, that it?

srry to be a pain in the butt

hmmmn now i think it is it, he he....well it sure sounds the same 8)

but ill just say if thats the readme on the page above its a bit er vague :D
No, the script you're referencing is different. The one that's presented here is a new carryover from X2, not available until the last couple of hours if you'll notice the post-time. They're similar, but this one adds more of what I would like than the other one. Also, since he JUST posted this, that's why it's not in the sticky post yet.

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Sun, 26. Feb 06, 22:27

i knew it was new.....didnt realise it was quite that new, (thought i saw the post a few days ago but didnt have time to read it, then i 4got) i apologise, got carried away in all the excitement :oops:

anyway, wot the hell, readmesmeadnee ive made a copy of my game folder and i got pilots to buy, l8terz :P

Shada
x3tc

Post by Shada » Sun, 26. Feb 06, 22:52

[EDIT] Wait, no, I was being stupid. It said they were from those sectors, not in those sectors. Damn this script needs a readme :P

Anyway, it conflicts with the Shield Shunt script - using the same additional command slot.

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 15:36

*note to self* dont believe anything u read until you checked it yourself :)

try again, i think i though the same...well i did when i read your post, doh!

Uyresoul
x3

Post by Uyresoul » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 22:31

Definately going to be using this baby.
Your imperfection is the ability to not see it.

Lobai
x3

Post by Lobai » Tue, 28. Feb 06, 00:45

Just wondering how often the pilots appeared for hire. I've been all over the universe (21 trading stations now in the last 3 hours of playing) and haven't seen one yet.

Dunks
x3

Post by Dunks » Tue, 28. Feb 06, 15:09

You have to run the command, list pilots, in the custom tab in your ship command menu, then you will be sent a message with a list of available pilots,

To do this you will need to be in a freindly sector with a trading station, you will also need the company command extension software, trading extension and that races police licence.

The ships you wish to hire pilots for will need a trading extension as well, I think they also need fight command s/w,

In thier comand menu, somewhere ther will be a command to hire new pilot, you will then need to input the pilots number you wish them to hire, they will then fly to the trading station and pick up the pilot and you will get a message telling you that they are hired.

They also have a tactics command somewhere, I entered 2, at least I think it was 2, any way after that you get another message telling you that they have the fire at will command, which basically gives them the option to use thier weapons and missles as they choose, 1 is hold, again I think, youll have to try it, which means they will only use the weapons you mount for them.

Hope some of this is of use to you

:D

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Tue, 28. Feb 06, 21:38

how do you know all this??? ive installed it but until i read what you wrote i was unable to do anything.

thanks ill try that

DaWu
x4

Post by DaWu » Tue, 28. Feb 06, 22:14

I dont get it. I have no such command in my ship.

why does someone release such a wonderfull script and tells no one how to use it.

Shada
x3tc

Post by Shada » Tue, 28. Feb 06, 22:23

Hint: Look in your command menu for commands you've never seen before, highlight them and then press "i"

I now have several Split wingmen. I don't actually know if they're better at fighting or anything as I've only just started actually using wingmen - but they've been flying Mambas and helping me fight swarms of ships and they haven't died yet.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”