X3 Plot Guide

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

giskard
xr

X3 Plot Guide

Post by giskard » Tue, 24. Jan 06, 08:09

Hi all.

Here is a guide to the X3 Plot.

It contains massive spoilers but it is not a walk through. It gives info on how to do missions but not on how to find mission sectors. I will hold your hand in some parts but throw you in to the fire in others.

The missions are listed in bold so you can quickly jump to the mission your stuck on and only read that part if you want too. Just do not count on your mission 8 being my mission 8.

Ive listed 20 missions in this guide and most players usually only name 10. So you need to check the name of mission rather than the mission number.

http://www.respawn.co.uk/content/view/337/70/

Im hoping the guide will reduce the amount of typing I do in tech support. So if your stuck, have a read. :)

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Tue, 24. Jan 06, 12:10

:thumb_up: Whilst i have not played any of the plot (Humble Merchant) I have to say nice work as ever.

Karl

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 24. Jan 06, 14:31

Hi giskard,

Thanks very much for plugging you guide...whilst I consider myself adept at X2 gaming, I couldn't get the hang of the turret gunning in the early X3 mission with the Goner.

I found the auto-dieing very frustrating and time consuming to the point where I gave up to explore and make money elsewhere in the universe. I was sure that someone in this excellent community would post about it eventually :-)

Although yours wasn't the first guide I read, I think your point about the accuracy of the auto-aim will help me out. I had auto-aim turned full on assuming that the mass driver was fast enough to keep hitting, so I thought that my problem was that the mass driver was simply too weak for my insufficient level of skill.

Thanks again,
Sparky

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Tue, 24. Jan 06, 19:28

Thanks guys.

Autoaim:

Well the key point to remember here (so people dont have to read spoilers to get this tip) is any target heading straight for you is better shot at with auto aim turned off. Any target flying across your path or turning towards you is better shot at with auto aim turned on. This is true for all combat and not just turret missions.

Btw the plots changed a lot since 15 nov, so the other guide is slightly out of date now.

If the auther wants to update it he needs to replay any mission involving the khaak, the Ore mine mission, the xenon 101 mission and a couple of others that i cannot remember right now.

Oh the scanner missions too.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

RobyX
x3

Post by RobyX » Wed, 25. Jan 06, 23:38

Another FANTASTIC guide Giskard, congratulations :)

But before i can translate it, i have to finish the plot! This may take a year or 2 :D
[ external image ]
Bisogno di una guida? Clicca sull'immagine

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Thu, 26. Jan 06, 16:18

Hehehe thanks Rob, btw the plots not that hard to finish mate :)

Giskard

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Thu, 26. Jan 06, 18:06

:lol: Stike two! If you keep writing Ego will run out of server space :D

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Fri, 27. Jan 06, 03:29

Apocholypse wrote::lol: Stike two! If you keep writing Ego will run out of server space :D
So how do you like my books :)

Yes he told me hehe. :lol:
Btw, i am actually working up to the book, a scifi book :)
No joke, im being serious.

Giskard

ashdrak
x3

Post by ashdrak » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 15:01

Hello Giskard...
I love your guides man but i was wonderin if you could help me out here?
I'm stuck on mission 13 in thuruks pride and it wont even let me dock at the trading port let alone look at the bbs...
Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated..
Thank you :)

ecniv
x3tc

Post by ecniv » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 15:39

Can't dock?

You need to boost your race relations. Kill some pirates.

Or Xenon or Khaak.
Alienware Area 51/7500, Geforce 8800 gtx, 2gb ram
Alienware laptop m5550, 2gb, 7600go
Commodore Gx9770, 4gb, quad q9300 2.5gHz , gtx 260 (replaced) - Vanilla game (no extra scripts except the upgrades from es)
*¥ Most posts written on an iPhone - please excuse mistypes/replacements ¥*

I'm not locked in her with you. You are locked in here with me. Watchmen-Rawlins

ashdrak
x3

Post by ashdrak » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 16:35

I will try that thanx!
But i think my main problem is i just lack patience...
and this game demands patience...
Oh btw dows it matter if im in a split ship or not?
Acorrding to Giskards walktrouh you should use a free falcon or mamba...
I'm just wonderin is there something I've missed :?

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 20:05

ashdrak: No it doesnt matter what ship your in but if you happen to have an m3 such as the mamba or a captured falcon then combat is much easier.

Its more a tip to help than a requirement you see.

Giskard

ashdrak
x3

Post by ashdrak » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 04:33

Thanx!
But i just discovered something You may have left out of your guide intentionally.
I think it might be considered a spoiler so ill see if this works.
Spoiler
Show
In Thuruk's pride you dont have to dock at the trade post and check the bbs. Just fly around by the silicon mine and wait for Saya to start a dialog. then comm the station and speak to the captain then go from there..
Please let me know if im right about this?
It all boiled down to that whole Exploration,Exploration,Exploration idea :wink:

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 10:34

Your right but i believe that is in the guide.

Its a grey area that people sometimes miss in the game so if they missed it then they need to know what to do next and so i told them to be safe.

Giskard

godzogord
x2

Post by godzogord » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 15:53

Giskard is great guide :D
And i have to recognise that,thow it doesn't help me very much because i have finished those missions with no problems :lol: :D
as i sead this is an exelent guide for beginner and novice's in the x3 game or x-games

C ya on the other side of the gate and in the chat room in the nuts club
OUR MINDS ARE THE CREATION OF THE UNIVERS
AND THE UNIVERS IS THE CREATION OF OUR MINDS

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 16:15

Thanks mate :)

Giskard

Sirus5
x4

Tips

Post by Sirus5 » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 22:30

Hi Giskard, thanks for that, it's a pretty good guide - some of your things are really top notch..

I have a few little tips here which I wondered if you might be interested to add to help a few people - I am sure you probably know about them, and they may be really useful to others......

Keep up the good work mate.

Sirus

_______________________________________-

A few extra tips.

Mission 1: Your First Patrol -

Firstly, there should be some Khaak near the Terracorp Station in Home of Light - if you can kill one of these, it will up your rank about enough to get Fight Software Mk 1 (although on X-Treme mode you can't afford it).
Secondly, if you hang around, you can collect all the missiles hanging around and sell them in Red Ligh to the Equipment dock - that's worth a bit.

Then, on into Red Light, don't sell those missiles yet, but go with the patrol and another set of Khaak come - target the M3 and get behind it.. When the others have finished with all the M5's, they will start on the M3 and when it gets to nearly the end, start shooting with everything you have got - if you are lucky, your IRE's will be faster than their PACs and you should have more of a chance of landing the finishing shot.. This will up your reputation with the Argon enough so that you can Buy Fight Mk1 & 2 - go to the Dock in Red Light and sell all those missiles, then come back out and collect the rest hanging about.

Mission 7 ending and Mission 8 Beginning

When you have done the space-walk, you will find yourself back in your ship in Antigone Memorial.. Look on the universe map and you may find that in the Hole, there are several high spec missiles just laying about. Here, if you haven't got 5 or 10 Ecells, dock at the SPP and get 5 or 10.. If you have 5, jump to the south gate of Antigone and do an about turn, if you ahve 10, just jump into the North Gate of the Hole and you can then beat the locals to picking up them missiles - if you don't jump, the extra time taken means that one of the pesky locals will get some of them and they are worth a lot.

Mission 8.

The pirates sent after you in the Talon Mission are slow and cumbersome (comparatively speaking) so get some good practise on these and see if you can capture them. Don't waste time jumping after the Talon despite what Saya Says (it will come back after a while) stay and get some more practise and if you can capture an extra one it's a really good start...
I got 2 in the first wave, 2 in the second, 2 in the third but only 1 in the fourth time the Talon came back and spewed pirates at me.

The sale of some of these ships will enable you to swap to a pirate buster and equip it with an ION and some PACs, and max it's speed which will be very useful.

Mission 11 SpyDrone
I think it's this mission where when you have completed it, your rating with the Paranid Drops to Unholy Nomad and will stay there until the plot is completed.... (correct me if I am wrong).
This means that you can still dock and trade E-Cells and foodstuffs in NON-Core Sectors, but you cannot dock in any Paranid Core sector or one of it's surrounding sectors!

Mission 14 Yaki Disrupter Factory...

This is the mission which can really make you a fleet of nice ships...

The reason - the disrupter factory throws Yaki M4 & M5's at you..
The M5's do 477m/s, mount 2*25mw (yes that's not a typo) shields and can carry a jumpdrive - so they are ideal for scouting and supplying Jumpdrives.
The M4 Raiders do around 250m/s and mount 2*25mw shields and PBE's
The M4 Sentinels do around 150m/s and mount 4*25mw shields

So, they are good to capture, and the disrupter fact ensures that there are 3 coming at you at all times, when you kill or capture one, another is launched. I have personally captured around 200 of the little things so far and am still having fun - the M4's sell for 200k each and this has made me over 44 million which funded my split elephant.

Here's the tips..
1. Get your favourite capturing ship and equip it with System Override Software - a must for this mission as you cannot eject to claim captures in this mission! My favourite capturing ship is a Pirate Buster with 2 Ions and 4 Pac. Get in the Mamba and send the Buster to the Special Weapons Factory in the North West Corner. Go and start the scan in the Mamba and when boyo says he is getting something, break off (never mind what he calls you) and get to the Special weapons factory and swap into your Buster - then it's all go capturing, I wait around 5k south of the Special weapons factory and wait for them to come to me (I can use the docking computer to instantly dock from 5k and then I can save as I don't use salvage insurance.).

As soon as one is captured or killed, another launches to take it's place... Just capture them - they are never ending.
When you have made enough money and have a big enough fleet, simply take the remaining 3 far enough away and then change into the Mamba and finish the scan before they arrive back.

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Sun, 12. Feb 06, 11:49

Sirus5: Good tips there mate.

But the plot guide was really writen to answer common questions, I never really wanted to make a walk through or give those kind of tips. Think of it as aid to getting through the plot without getting stuck.

Thats what i had in mind when i wrote it.

Thanks though, im sure those reading this thread will find your tips very useful mate :)

Giskard

ashdrak
x3

Post by ashdrak » Fri, 17. Feb 06, 12:43

Hiya :)
could anyone answer a question for me concernining Mission#14a. of Gis plot guide?
After docking at the maurauder she tells you to go buy 10.000 or somethingthing of computer compnents...
Where in the hell do you go to buy them & what do you buy?
Any help would be much appreciated :)
Thanx all.

What exactly qualifys as computer compnents is basically what I'm get
tin at.... :?

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Sat, 18. Feb 06, 10:02

You are actually looking at the correct spelling of the ware you need. There are microchips available from chip plants but you dont want them. You want to be visiting a computer plant to get the computer components.

Giskard

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”