[Script] Steal Wares Commands v1.11 [Update 1.11 on 19/02/06]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

al_main
x3

[Script] Steal Wares Commands v1.11 [Update 1.11 on 19/02/06]

Post by al_main » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 22:32

Steal Wares Commands

Description : Allows stealing cargo from ships and stations
Version : 1.11
Date : 19/02/06
Author : al_main

*Uses the {emp}*

Using cycrows script installer:
Download Steal Wares Commands here: or mirror:

Or extract the files to your x3 folder:
http://www.freewebs.com/x3scripts/Steal ... s_1.11.zip

This pack adds the steal wares commands to a ships menu. (alot more complex than u might think - this aint no cheat!) These allow ships to steal cargo from stations and other ships.

And thanks to alot of other scripters, without their previous scripts to look at for reference i wouldnt have got this far.

*This is now the steal ware commands only*
The missions (will include firefly style missions) have now been released as a mission pack at this thread .

*This pack also contains the steal wares commands, which do not need to be downloaded seperately here*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Background Information:

After transporter devices entered the public marketplace the teladi managed to reverse engineer Goner Transporter devices. Due to interstella copyright laws the teladi were unable to release their own version and eventually came to an agreement the Goners believed to be mutually beneficial to all, allowing the bulk transporter upgrade to be released. Due to Teladi subsidies on the station based side of the technology it was quickly adopted universe wide with all stations now being complient with the new technology.

Of course, with every new technology there comes new ways to exploit the system. Put together by a group of renegade engineers and programmers, the Transporter Override System overrides the transporter device's safety protocols and allows the pilot to execute unauthorised cargo transports.

A bulk transporter upgrade is required to access a station's cargo transporter, while a freight scanner is required to target wares onboard another ship.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Use (on station):

Select in the piracy menu of your ship.

1. Choose the station you are docked at.
2. Choose the ware to 'acquire'
3. Choose the amount of ware to 'acquire'

The device will then activate.

Use (on ship):

Select in the piracy menu of your ship.

1. Choose your target ship.
2. Choose the ware to 'acquire'
3. Choose the amount of ware to 'acquire'

The device will then activate. The range of the device will depend on the tragetted ships systems, sheilds and the amount and type of ware to be 'aquired'

WARNING: Being completely unathorised and unsupported by all universe guilds, the override systems are not guaranteed to be able to access a station's cargo transporter or be 100% compatible with all ships systems, in particular the override systems are not compatible with capitol ships (NOT SCRIPTING ERRORS, technology issues - its made by pirates!...). Also, due to the differences in different station's security systems the transport can not be guarenteed to go unnoticed every time. If you are detected a ship/stations owner may not be very happy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Install:

Just extract the rar file to your main X3 directory or use cycrows script installer.

Changelog

Text file fix
steal from ship command added
initial Release

Files and wares used:

448112.xml

COMMAND_TYPE_PIRACY_16
COMMAND_TYPE_PIRACY_17

EMP Mod Pack Ware 10553
EMP Mod Pack Ware 10573
EMP Mod Pack Ware 10723
Last edited by al_main on Mon, 27. Feb 06, 16:31, edited 13 times in total.

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 22:35

you dirty little pirate you :P

cool :D :thumb_up:

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 22:38

stevio wrote:you dirty little pirate you :P

cool :D :thumb_up:
Oh yes indeed!

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 22:45

I was wondering when us Teladi, would finally be able to rule the universe through better means :)

Now maybe i can trade my freighters in for more, shall we say, less tedious Profitsss. :teladi:

Thanks, gonna love this one.
Could the parents of the little Argon girl, Suzie, please claim her sealed jar of remains?
She didn't mind the gap and ended up vapourized!

Blinki1984
x3

Post by Blinki1984 » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 22:55

Wow this is so great.

I am really looking forward to use it.

A thief in X3 thats just incredible.

Based on what system you are calculating the notion of a Station ?

would recoment, the more you steal the easyer you will be cought, also
The chance of beeing detected will sink the more ships are docked at the paricular station

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Sun, 5. Feb 06, 23:17

Starting missions can be as simple as just having someone from one competing factory want something "aquired" from another station and have you return it to them once gotten. These could also be stretched further by having you assemble a list of needed items (that must be stolen).

I would suggest using, or at least looking at, Cycrows other guilds and trying to incorperate the same style of progress into your thieves guild making it a viable option for players to persue.

Having basic wares at the bottom of the scale and stealing ships (type depending on guild rank) be further along. You could offer rewards such as better hacking tools as you progress.

More ideas forthcoming as i think them up.
Could the parents of the little Argon girl, Suzie, please claim her sealed jar of remains?
She didn't mind the gap and ended up vapourized!

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Mon, 6. Feb 06, 00:37

Blinki1984 wrote:Based on what system you are calculating the notion of a Station ?
A station is as in a factory??? Not sure what your asking?
Blinki1984 wrote:the more you steal the easyer you will be cought, also
Of course!!! - the code could prob run on about 10 lines or summit, the other 200 or so are for calculating stuff like this. Its still relatively simple at the moment but over time i'll add more and more factors, numbers of other ship about is a good one, cheers!

- Version 1.10 now available, adds the command to steal from ships.
(would have had that in the release version but at the time i thought i wasnt gonna do anymore scripting tonight! :) )

junker_81
x3

Post by junker_81 » Wed, 8. Feb 06, 00:13

So I found this ware at Teladi stations, but it is listed as a good, not an extension. When I bought it, it just sits there in my cargo bay. There is nothing in the piracy menu. I am using Cycrows Scripts (all of them) so I already had a piracy menu because of the Override Mk 2 that I had installed. I don't know if that would cause any problems. Oh yeah, I did install the emp package before installing your script, so I am pretty sure it's not that.

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Wed, 8. Feb 06, 02:34

Additional wares added through the {emp} are always listed as goods, not an extension. Its something to do with how the {emp} was made. So my bulk transporter upgrade and LV's freight transporter upgrade, etc. also come up like this. Has no effect other than that you can have more than one aboard your ship.

I'm sure that my scripts are compatible with all the ones on the community list (i have most of them installed myself!!!)

The way i code my scripts are that the commands dont usually appear unless you have all the requirements, stops you trying to use the command and getting 'command rejected' messages alot.

Firstly what ship are you currently in? You need to be in an M3, TS, TP or smaller, or possibly an M6. (For reasons of say, pirates dont have access to the industrial size transporter devices on M1, M2 and TL vessels so their technology wont work on them) - just realised that this should be in the readme, oops

Secondly to steal from a ship (and prob for the command to appear) you need a freight scanner installed.

To steal from a station u need a bulk transporter installed (and need to be docked for the command to appear)

(Obviously, and a transporter device is needed)

If you dock at a station (not a shipyard) in an M3, M4, M5, TS or TP with the override systems, a transporter and a bulk transporter upgrade installed the command should definately be in the piracy menu. Think it should poss be there when docked if u only have the override systems.

I'll be releasing the next version at the weekend complete with missions anyway. So i'll have checked through the code for any possible problems.

Post back if this was the problem or not.

XxNe0xX
x3

Post by XxNe0xX » Wed, 8. Feb 06, 07:38

yeah i've something similar to that on my hard drive i finished programming about january 3 but i was too lazy to write a readme ^^.

so if you wanna have it to have a look at it let me know. mine is based on a more complex propability system(depending on ticks,price of ware, and thieflvl) with experience level and bounty but you're not able to steal wares from ships.

so yeah if anyone is interested in getting it or writing a readme or something... let me know (PM appreciated due to a great lack of time to search posts)

greetz Ne0
Do you like secrets?
Try to find some.....
Goner-Secrets Mod

kwn2k
x3

Post by kwn2k » Wed, 8. Feb 06, 10:00

cool mod,

have been looking for such a mod thanks.

would be cool to actually see firefly ships flying around. ( maybe an idea to the 3D makers on the forum) :)

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Wed, 8. Feb 06, 19:16

Cheers, send us a copy and i'll see how it works. I wouldnt mind incorporating any features of it that are better than the system i currently use into my scripts pack if you want.

AL

EDIT: oops just realised what you said, will PM you.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 23:47

Sounds cool! Can you steal items like shields, wpns. off victims' ships as well?
If so, could you transport such goods off a hostile (red) vessel--like a pirate, so you could get good profitsss even if your cap isn't successful????

Also, regarding method: you need to scan victim first, then transport (steal) while remaining within transporter range (5km.)?

Am glad to know your script doesn't conflict with Cycrows' or LV's scripts--I'm terrified of adding any new scripts to my current game that could.

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 18:10

Wonderful idea........ keep on it wont you.....
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

FirebirdHawk
x3

Post by FirebirdHawk » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 09:27

He he, playing around with this last night. Lotsa fun.
Just one thing I did notice. Failed badly on an attempt and got a "Feedback loop" which cooked my ship's systems.

"Damage will be repaired in 3 mizuras"
Ship is down to 50% engine upgrades and they didn't come back. :shock:
What made this worse was that I had Cycrows overtune installed and had spent a lotta moola upgrading... *poof* all gone. Something to remember.

Oh, and yes Hieronymos, you can steal shields. Well, I could.
Kinda fun slipping up behind a pirate and stealing his shileds, then shooting him. :twisted:
As for range, closer the better but under 5km and I scan 1st.

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 10:31

The damage obviously wasnt repairable then!... :roll:

Its usually repairable but very occasionally its not! I'll check through at the weekend to make sure the script sends out the right damage reports.

And yes range under 5km but you will need to be closer for bigger loads and more hi-tech goods.

AL

A Team
x3

Help

Post by A Team » Sun, 19. Mar 06, 11:39

I am having problems stealing from ships I think I am doing something wrong. I have the Transporter Override System installed and the freight scanner. I scan the ship and then go to the piracy command and it say Seal ware: Target I select it but I can not target the ship, the ships that come up are ships that I own. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I am flying an Argon Nova.

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Tue, 21. Mar 06, 16:21

I also have this problem..seems I can only steal wares off my own ships.. :?

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Wed, 22. Mar 06, 01:16

Cheers for reporting the problem. It used to work before, unless i've accidentally changed something in one version.

I'll try and get it fixed and released by the weekend.

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Wed, 22. Mar 06, 17:35

Nice one :thumb_up:

Look forward to it.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”