[Script] Bulk Transporter Upgrade [1.14 Update 31.03.06]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

al_main
x3

[Script] Bulk Transporter Upgrade [1.14 Update 31.03.06]

Post by al_main » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 03:29

Bulk Transporter Upgrade

Description : Allows equipped ships to beam cargo and trade with stations
Version : 1.14
Date : 31/03/06
Author : al_main

*Uses the {emp}*
*{emp} not required if using Xtended 0.7*

Using cycrows script installer:
Download Bulk Transporter Upgrade here or mirror

Or extract the files to your x3 folder:
http://www.freewebs.com/x3scripts/Bulk_ ... e_1.14.rar

Alternative download link from xdownloads.co.uk:

[ external image ]

This is the first version of my first script so please post back any problems you might find with it. Also any other feedback is greatly appreciated! (Too cheap/expensive, greater range?)

And thanks to LV and XaiCorp, without their previous scripts to look at as a reference i wouldnt have got this far. Also thanks to arcana75 for hosting the mirror here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Advert:

What can you do with the 10,000 ore inside your industrial complex that produces ore faster than a fleet of freighters can remove it?

Or having spent 20million+, have you ever been dissapointed with the trading opportunities that arise from owning your own TL? Frustrated that you cant even exploit simple trading opportunities?

Well the answer to your problems is here. Pick up your bulk transporter upgrade today from all good Teladi Stockists to transport your cargo effortlessly from ship to station!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Background Information:

After transporter devices entered the public marketplace the teladi managed to reverse engineer Goner Transporter devices. Due to interstella copyright laws the teladi were unable to release their own version and eventually came to an agreement the Goners believed to be mutually beneficial to all, allowing this upgrade to be released. Due to Teladi subsidies on the station based side of the technology it was quickly adopted universe wide with all stations now being complient with the new technology.

On installing, Teladi Equipment docks will have the Bulk Freight Trasporter upgrade on sale. Demand has forced the price up slightly due to the device reducing the need for big ships to have an entourage of TS class ships in convoy with which to obtain resources, such as energy cells, from stations. Although it remains far cheaper than the alternative convoy of TSs that are usually required.

When installed, and in use with a transporter device the upgrade alllows capital class ships (TL, M1 and M2) to beam cargo directly from the cargo hold of a player owned station, and to trade with NPC stations. As with transporter devices the bulk beam upgrade has a limited range of 5km as the Transporter device is still the underlying technology. If the command is activated from too far away the ship will fly to within range and then use the transporter device. *The price charged by trading in this way will be the price of the goods when the ship has reached the station*

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Install:

Just extract the rar file to your main X3 directory or use Cycrow's script installer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Changelog

Minor fix
Text file fixes
Allows trading with EQ Dock and Trading Stations
Fixed trading with enemy stations
Fixed code left over from testing:
fixed using device without buying device
fixed incorrect script name
fixed missing command in menu problem
Fixed potential t-file problem
Afew minor fixes
Upgrades are more common throughout Teladi space

Files and wares used:

448112.xml

<t id="719">COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_19</t>

EMP Mod Pack Ware 10573

Edit [29th Nov 2015]: Added alternative download link. X2-Illuminatus[/i]
Last edited by al_main on Fri, 22. Jun 07, 13:25, edited 29 times in total.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 05:48

Are their any plans to use this device as a godly UT ? :P

Yes I realize how much work that would have to be done for this! :lol:

But I figuered if I dont ask someone else will.

It would be nice to be able to port goods from your own stations to each other...

Ashley

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 12:30

Last i heard someone was already making a script for using a transporter to transfer freight between stations. Or possibly just someone had had the idea before? If nobody else is doing it then i might look into it.

- Tho I mainly did this script to deal with the 10,000 ore in my mega-complex (thats 25 standard freighters worth) It produces almost 50 ore per minute and i cant shift it all!, and for people with similar factory overstock problems.

In the mean time i've noticed a couple of fixes that need doing with this script. If anyone else has noticed anything i've missed then please let me know.

AL

(Also, probably another couple of factory based scripts on the way)

Iron Giant
x3

Post by Iron Giant » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 15:50

Very Nice! I've wanted this for a long time.

Now I can get that shiny new Mammoth I've wanted..

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 14:34

Iron Giant wrote:Very Nice! I've wanted this for a long time.
Thanks

I'm afraid you were abit pre-emptive with your praise tho.

In v1.04 and v1.05 I'd accidentally left in some code changes i'd made while testing. This may have either led to the command not being available or being available without the device installed.

I'd reccomend anyone using the script to use the 1.10 upgrade.

Apologies

AL

Ken34
x3tc

Post by Ken34 » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 21:20

al_main

The script sounds good and I would like to try it; however I cannot connect to either posted version to download.

Is the link working?

random50
x3

Post by random50 » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 22:51

Nice one. Kept meaning to do this but never quite got round to it. I'll be interested to see how you've coded it...I was pretty short on ideas for easy implementation (which is why I could never quite bring myself to start it!)

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 01:27

Ken34 wrote:The script sounds good and I would like to try it; however I cannot connect to either posted version to download.

Is the link working?
The readme link used to be incorrect, but the first post is essentially the readme anyway. I'd appreciate anyone who also wants to host these files on a second site incase the current one is down.
random50 wrote:Nice one. Kept meaning to do this but never quite got round to it. I'll be interested to see how you've coded it...I was pretty short on ideas for easy implementation (which is why I could never quite bring myself to start it!)
It wasnt easy, being my first script an all but i'm happy with it.
I've got a few minor changes left to add to it (better audiable command rejected messages and so on) but i think they've got less priority than my other scripts at the moment.

Glad people like it!

AL

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 21:53

Ken34 wrote:The script sounds good and I would like to try it; however I cannot connect to either posted version to download.

Is the link working?
Some people seem to have had problems with freewebs.com when downloading my scripts. If you still havent got it then i came across a copy of it for download here:
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~calvine/file ... 1.2006.spk

toltec
x3

Post by toltec » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 10:04

I think I may have found a 'feature', I bought some 125MJ shields in Cloudbase SE last night. They did not get automatically installed in the spare shield bays, I had to transfer them to another ship and back to install them.

Not exactly a show stopper I know, just thought I would mention it.

Running 1.4 patch - emp filenames changed to 07.dat /.cat

It may have something to do with the existing shield setup?

Split Elephant
Shield Bay
1 - 125MJ
2 - 25MJ
3 - 5MJ
4 - 1MJ
5 - Empty

I could load a save game and test if you like - I did not have time last night.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
George Bernard Shaw

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 12:15

Also another small exploit I discovered, you can use this to aquire weapons/equipment that you usually wouldn't be able to due to your race rep.

My rep with the Paranid is 1 below the required level to buy their Gamma PPC's, but with this script I could just beam them out of the station with no trouble.

Maybe something for the next version? (If it's even possible..)

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 15:23

Yep, at the moment you have to use that at your discretion. Theres no actual command to get the notoriety of a ware (I was hoping that one would be added by some chance in 1.4) But apparently not.

Its fixable but basically i'll have to write a library script of all the wares and what notoriety you need for each which can then be called to give the notoriety of a ware. Its a very simple script but it'll be time consuming to write so i've not got around to it yet, hoping 1.4 would have helped...

I'll do it at some point but for now its left to your consience.....

Fus
x4

its all gone pete tong

Post by Fus » Thu, 30. Mar 06, 10:18

I was happily using the script from the orders menu of my Elephant when one day it wasn't there.
I pared down my other scripts to the following :

Anarkis Carrier Commands 1.22
Homebase Commands 1.10
Product Finder 1.5
Race Response Fleets 1.5
Station/Complex Relocator 2.10
Station/Complex Seller v ?
Station Manager 1.11

I get a readtext with the Station Seller but I'm keeping it :)

Now I dock at a Trading Port and the first ware on offer is Bulk Transporter
Upgrade, around 2000 in stock but you cant buy/sell one or two, as I increase or decrease the amount to trade it jumps around to random values. (buying it does not magically recreate the Bulk Transport command, I didn't expect it to :) )

edit : the ware is the very first item on sale, not in the ship extensions bit.
Also the first time I used this I don't remember having to buy it first.

It sounds like something is interfering but I don't know what.
I have Dreamweaver installed so any downloaded scripts use its' icon, great, I can distinguish original X3 game scripts from addons .. or can I ?

Also, t files that begin with a number other than 44 .. do I need them ? they seem identical , just in a different language.

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Thu, 30. Mar 06, 10:51

That sounds very odd. Are you running any mods at all? Specifically anything that conflicts with the {emp}?

As due to its price range the stock should have a maximum of 2 bulk transporters available in a trading dock. Due to the ware types added by the {emp} it will be there and not in the extensions bit.

You should need one installed to use the command. Although I think there was one (very early version) with a one variable error in the code that meant you could use i without.

Are you using the latest version of this script?

I'd reccomend removing bulk transporter (and possibly the {emp}) and then downloading new up to date versions and re-installing.

AL

Instead of station seller you want my auctions script! :) No read texts!!! (end of blatant advertising :roll: ) lol

Yes, different numbers are just different languages, 49 is german, etc.

Fus
x4

Post by Fus » Thu, 30. Mar 06, 12:53

Thanks for the tip, I think it might be the EMP as I'm sure I didn't have it in the beginning and the transporting worked just fine :)

Something wasn't quite right with the EMP, the readme indicated that I should expect 04.cat / dat - 06 files ( or similar ) but I got .07 which would have clashed with the cockpits ( but dont use them anymore cos I can't see well enough for placing stations )

I will experiment, I'm sure I have the latest of everything needed because when I do come across problems the first thing I do is get the scripts again.

I guessed it HAD to be ware rather than an extension after posting :)

However there are thousands for sale at the Teladi EQ in Getsu, so I will strip all scripts and t's form X3 and start fresh.

I was reading your info on the station auction but it's a bit more "work" than I wanted, eg, for some reason whenever I start some involved commands I get "under attack" commands and need to work fast to save my ships/own a$$ :D

Sods Law springs to mind. ( anyone got a script to negate this law ? )

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Thu, 30. Mar 06, 13:36

Fus wrote:I was reading your info on the station auction but it's a bit more "work" than I wanted,)
work??? All it is is select the auction station command and then confirm the message you get.
Fus wrote:Sods Law springs to mind. ( anyone got a script to negate this law ? )
Might make that my next project :lol:

AL

Fus
x4

Post by Fus » Thu, 30. Mar 06, 14:28

Ah well, if thats all it demands then I'll give it a go :D

Update : I removed a bunch of scripts and tried again, the Teladi EQ showed something like Bulk Transporter 5437/2, I had 2 onboard.

I pressed the 'home' key and sold .. a lot. I went from 26 mil credits to 1.5 billion !

A little unfair I thought so I reloaded but this time without EMP, then I changed something in the tnal.show script ( memory isn't good with names).

I see this script checks which ships are allowed the ware, nevertheless I changed the first line : $script install=0 to 1.

Hey presto my Centaur now has the custom menu :) but when I beamed over to the Elephant it wasn't there :shock:

I downloaded your scripts from all possible sources and checked filenames and sizes so I doubt theres a problem there.

to sum up: With EMP the ware is visible , the quantities are strange and the custom menu isnt there.

Without EMP the ware is actually replaced at the top of the stations' list with a blank name, 1000's of stock at 28 credits. Doubt it is anything to do with your script, maybe its something that got hidden by EMP ? The custom menu doesn't show even with my little hack.

I think I'll give up on this.. and I mean that in the nicest way..I'll keep a freighter in my Efalump

Thanks for the replies, if I ever need to re-inst this will be the first script I install

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Thu, 30. Mar 06, 14:52

It sounds like that when you have played the game without the {emp} or with a version that was not correct or something the game has not been able to recognise the ware and hence used a dummy ware which has ended up with alot more stock when my script has filled up the stations, whereas with the ware recognised it would usually only fill them up to 2.

With the {emp} then installed it would appear that instead of the game checking the maximum stock and removing the excess it simply leaves it in. so you've still got 5000 out of 2 in the station.

As for hacking the command there's more checks for if the ware is installed or not. I'd advise just buying one!

I'll add afew more safety checks into the script that might fix this. (Originally assumed that wouldnt be needed as a correct version of the {emp} assumed to be installed when running this script.) Watch this space.

AL

Fus
x4

Post by Fus » Thu, 30. Mar 06, 15:25

Ok, will do :!:

In fact, I've had a great idea, will install X3 on another PC and copy across the virgin script and t folders :idea: :idea: :idea:

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Thu, 30. Mar 06, 19:01

Thats a bit extreme!!!

Also even if you do that your savefile will still contain the problem!

Try the next version that i'll put up tonight.

AL

EDIT: 1.13 is up now and should fix any problems with overstocking 1000s of wares in a station.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”