[SCRIPT] - Headquarters and Flagship Commands

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

g_BonE
x4

Post by g_BonE » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 21:26

*bump*

any updates or a pre-release d/l'able mod yet ? :roll:
(x|x) .oO[ Fenster fährt mich Nüsse !!! ]

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 23:23

g_BonE wrote:*bump*

any updates or a pre-release d/l'able mod yet ? :roll:
I'm currently in the middle of a lot of projects. Check out the thread linked in my sig for more information.

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 23:47

That's terrific Nuclear_Eclipse. Is it possible thought to incorporate the Cockpitcallback with reduced Hud mod created by Galaxy613 and lefthandblack.

I believe only one mod can be used at any one time and I surely would like to keep that mod running. :thumb_up:
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 04:11

captainfred wrote:That's terrific Nuclear_Eclipse. Is it possible thought to incorporate the Cockpitcallback with reduced Hud mod created by Galaxy613 and lefthandblack.

I believe only one mod can be used at any one time and I surely would like to keep that mod running. :thumb_up:
First off, the HQ stuff will not be amod, so you wouldn't need to worry about it conflicting with other mods. Secondly, the minimal hud mod can be renamed to 06.cat/dat and placed in your X3 directory, and can then be used with any mod that doesnt change the hud elements (99% of them).

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 04:23

I think the Argon/Teladi Trading Stations or the Pirate Base make the best HQ stations, since they have internal docking. But that's just me.

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 05:44

nuclear_eclipse wrote:
captainfred wrote:That's terrific Nuclear_Eclipse. Is it possible thought to incorporate the Cockpitcallback with reduced Hud mod created by Galaxy613 and lefthandblack.

First off, the HQ stuff will not be amod, so you wouldn't need to worry about it conflicting with other mods. Secondly, the minimal hud mod can be renamed to 06.cat/dat and placed in your X3 directory, and can then be used with any mod that doesnt change the hud elements (99% of them).
Script = Mod :oops:

Thanks for the other info as well.
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

Jrax
x3

Sweet....

Post by Jrax » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 23:10

I would Love to see this Mod come to Live, I'm starting my programming skills, so I'm not to good but if you need any Help Look me up.... Umm... yeah.... ONly suggestion would be for the AI to be "Pressuered by your pressence," and either an AI trader will stop dealing in your sector, or offer his services to you.... Hmm.... sounds like the mafia.... hehe sorry random Anyways.... GOod luck with this and if there is anything I could do for ya Let me know....

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Thu, 19. Jan 06, 11:43

how is it comming :?

mooOOOOooo
x3

Post by mooOOOOooo » Fri, 20. Jan 06, 05:35

just a sort of notice, alot of things you are talking about, specifically the task force style AI response etc. is the sort of thing Andas is putting in his exodus fleet mod, so mabye you could check that out, not sure if a beta is posted for it, though i know final release isnt ready yet. also i think there is a proposed asteroid HQ mod/script floating around somewhere in the forum

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Wed, 8. Feb 06, 21:54

Any update???

Lobai
x3

Post by Lobai » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 02:06

It sounds fantastic Eclipse. I like all of the planned commands and to keep it simple like you are suggesting. My only suggestion is to use the EMP and hopefully Cycrow-installer package it for ease-of-use.

I wish I had more to input, but your ideas are terrific as they are in the OP.

dakega
x3

Post by dakega » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 05:00

bump :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Sandtrooper

Post by Sandtrooper » Sun, 28. Oct 07, 20:59

Not a bad idea - utilise the Bala Gi HQ for hiring out ships (or even manufacture to order - both Ai).

As for 'buy out competition? Hmm, could reduce overall exports though (ie, Ai has less need for your wares - raw or manufactured) unless they then build elsewhere...

The one thing that's been missing from the whole X saga - 'WAR'. Sector descriptions refer to it in a historical context, but hey - as arms manufacturers and ship builders, we could make profitsssss. We could even decide which ships to make available in the 'War Catalogue'. We just need these 'tensions' (often mentioned in BBs) to BOIL OVER!

War between races would renew our 'purpose in life' - after all, one side might want to destroy the yard (your HQ) to stop its enemy receiving ships. This'd make life interesting - need for laser defences/mines etc.

To this end, minefields (or mines along a specified route) could be temporarily deactivated for a limited time to allow a customer to collect their purchase...?

Just think, the galaxy map would be ever-changing (race retaking lost sectors from their aggressor etc...

Now that really would be a case of "Recycle, the possibilities are endless..."
The ability to destroy a wallet is insignificant next to the power of a growing collection.

Senator Vrax
x3tc

Post by Senator Vrax » Mon, 29. Oct 07, 09:04

Sandtrooper wrote: "Recycle, the possibilities are endless..."
Speaking of recycling, :P :D Where did you find this thread :?: :lol:

Some good ideas here tho. Maybe it was worth a 'bump' :arrow:

lordmoore
x3ap

Post by lordmoore » Sat, 15. Dec 07, 20:50

This is EXACTLY what I've been combing the forums looking for?

Anyone know of something similar to this that works?

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Sat, 15. Dec 07, 21:10

i created a script called Defensive network systems... it is essentially the same, however its not finished. it may become unstable...

Hegemonia
x4

Hq

Post by Hegemonia » Sun, 16. Dec 07, 02:00

I was wondering if there is any way to buy "a" HQ out right.
I really do not want to do the mission that gives me the HQ.
I am having a hard time finding a link that explains how to use the HQ. I wish to know all what I am able to do with the HQ.

lordmoore
x3ap

Post by lordmoore » Sun, 16. Dec 07, 03:08

Osiris_sam wrote:i created a script called Defensive network systems... it is essentially the same, however its not finished. it may become unstable...
Does your script have the same manager features listed here? I REALLY like the idea of hiring a manager for my HQ and especially like the idea of having him control all/most of my buildings (for a cost of course).

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Sun, 16. Dec 07, 11:26

check out the HQ management system (link on my signatures)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”