[SCRIPT] Station/Complex Seller V1.00 (15/01/2006)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What should be in this script? (Read below for options)

Always sell station to the best bidder
23%
Always sell station to the race owner of the sector
9%
Always sell station and destroy it.
24%
Mix of option 1, 2 and 3
11%
Mix of option 1 and 2
16%
Mix of option 2 and 3
9%
Mix of option 1 and 3
7%

Total votes: 99

PabloRSA
x4

[SCRIPT] Station/Complex Seller V1.00 (15/01/2006)

Post by PabloRSA » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 21:19

Name : Station/Complex Seller

Version : 1.00
Released : 15/01/2006
Author : PabloRSA
Description : Sell player owned stations for half the orginal price.

Station/Complex Seller v1.00 Zip Download
Station/Complex Seller v1.00 SPK Download (Cycrow installer needed Download here )

---------------------------

How It Works (Detailed Description):

Each station has it's own menu under the orders button. A new menu will appear called Sell Station, once this menu has been selected you will be shown a universe map. From this map you choose the station that you wish to sell. The station or complex will be destoryed and all ware that is inside the station will have been automticly sold for the avarage price. Aswell as ware being sold any money the station has will transfer to player account. You will only recieve half of the orginal cost when you sell any station.

Next Steps / Currently Working On:

- Added more support. (This will be done after Station/Complex Relocator script has been finished)

Command slots:
COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_28

Text file:
447391.xml / 497391.xml

Version History:

1.00 -
offical release.
Last edited by PabloRSA on Thu, 2. Feb 06, 11:49, edited 10 times in total.

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 21:23

Just to say now there is one slight bug. I cant figure out what this is and wont be fixed unless i do it by accident.

When a station is destroyed, there is a short few minutes where you can not move.

To resolve this select anything with the sector where you are and press i this will then break the bug and put the game into normal play.

Baleur
x3tc

Post by Baleur » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 23:58

Finally!! Thanks :D
CPU: Intel i7 6300k RAM: 32gb GPU: nVidia 1070 6gb VRAM

Shanjaq
x3

Post by Shanjaq » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 05:50

Instead of destroying the station could you transfer ownership, or destroy yours and create an identical one in its place owned by the race that also owns the sector(if none or pirates, choose a random race?)
[ external image ]
SPACE HAS A TERRIBLE POWER

Kakurate
x4

Post by Kakurate » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 06:06

An option to sell to the highest bidder:
-Sector race or a race that has a high presence in the area.
-Wealthy trader
-Pirates
-etc

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 15:08

The option to sell the station at the highest bidder does not seem the way this script should go.

Do you really want argon to own a SPP in paranid prime? or a pirate crystal fab in kingdoms end.
I can edit this into the script as an additional option.

I can do 2 options.
Option 1
What i could do is ask the player for an option 1, 2 or 3.

1, Sells station and destorys it for 1/2 the price
2, Sell to owner of that sector for 3/4 the price (Due to no explosives)
3, Sells on an auction. Race bids are random number generator and the highest buys it.

Option 2 (I believe this would be best)
No option for player to input. However it works automaticly.
1, If race has more than 2 of the station in that sector it will be sold and destroyed.
2, If race has less than 2 then it will sell to race of the sector.

Its good to note that hub complexes if sold will be destroyed no matter what. I leave it up to players to choose what option is best via poll if i can add one to the thread.

Baleur
x3tc

Post by Baleur » Wed, 18. Jan 06, 16:11

I'm just getting a "readtext blabla" in the commands, and it doesnt do anything.
I'm using quite a few scripts, but nothing that should affect this?

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Wed, 18. Jan 06, 16:42

Dont know about the "readtext blah blah", I had this once but it went away. Ill looking into the script and see if theres soemthing wrong.

Ok i am just guessing here.
Are you docked at the station? or are there any ships docked there?

I had read about buged ships when the AI destorys a station so what i did was put a fail safe in there so it wont sell the station untill all ships have been undocked. This will loop itself untill that time.

Other than that there should be nothing wrong with the script unless you have found a loop hole.

Undock ships and if that dont work tell me what you are trying to sell who owns the station, has the station got any material inside who you brought the station from etc.... A detailed report so i could investigate this.

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Wed, 18. Jan 06, 22:01

Enlighten me: why would I want to sell a station? :?
"It's so simple. No, wait--it's needlessly complex!"
- Homer Simpson
You need this!: Cargo Delivery Service

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Thu, 19. Jan 06, 01:12

1, You brought the wrong station.
2, It is not cost effective anymore due to kahhak invasion.

I dont know... People requested to sell stations and i have the script knowledge to makes peoples wishes come true.

If people request something that i believe that would enhance the game and its something i believe that should be there then i will probly script it.
Who knows many things happen and some dont.

So to enlighten you, use this script or dont, it is totaly upto your playing style. If you believe u should be able to sell stations aswell as buy them then download it. I just provide this script because people wanted this as an option.

Baleur
x3tc

Post by Baleur » Thu, 19. Jan 06, 01:50

It works, but it still just says readtext etc etc in the command menu...
Its prolly a compatability thing, using alot of scripts.

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Thu, 19. Jan 06, 02:01

OK, ok, PabloRSA, don't get in a tizzy. I just asked a question, as I didn't know why someone would want to do such a thing. Hey, if it floats your boat to write it, who am I to say different. I was just curious, is all.
"It's so simple. No, wait--it's needlessly complex!"
- Homer Simpson
You need this!: Cargo Delivery Service

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Thu, 19. Jan 06, 17:30

Im currently in the middle or re-writing the station/complex relocator script however once that is finished ill re-write code for seller script with the options that are on the poll above.

Im about 3/4 the way throguht the script so i should be finished with the other one by then end of the week.

I just hope by then more people would have voted on the poll, even if they dont use the script. This would give a more idea of what would be best with this script.

A dJ
x4

Post by A dJ » Fri, 20. Jan 06, 19:45

*Editted into Oblivion*

Fus
x4

Post by Fus » Tue, 21. Mar 06, 23:57

I'm trying to track down some "readtext" menus .. one is 2010-453, the other 2010-454.

Could it be this script ?

( works well by the way but I would like to see a "sell Station" menu :wink: )

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 00:10

I had decided the abandon this script due another user making a ware/station auction script plus with my job i bearly have time to view these boards anymore.

I do know it dose produce a readtext and at the time was unable to figure out what the problem was. I do have a theory. in the 497391.xml the file reads "<language id="44">" try changing that to "<language id="49">" I believe this is causeing X3 to say what the heck and produce the readtext error.

Note: i havent tried this so may not fix problem.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 01:32

Isn't real life a bitch? :D

Cool. I know what the command is (tho it's the read-text). Maybe I'll look at that xml file. Cheers.

Rob Major
x3

Post by Rob Major » Mon, 8. May 06, 15:56

I'm sure I am overlooking something, but I cannot find the sell command anywhere. I used the Script Installer to install it, and it appears to be installed properly (as far as the installer reports), but I cannot seem to locate the command.

I looked (as per the description in the first post) under the orders menu for the station. This brings up the stations command console. No sell option. Selecting one of the command slots only allows me "none" and the auto fund transfer thing.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 8. May 06, 16:13

There's a mess-up in the seller script. The command/button will be read-text #####. The seller script/command works. It won't work on complexes tho. You'll have to shoot/destroy the hub to separate the factories.

One other note: when you do sell a station, it will first seem like you're locked out of control with on-screen stuff. Just hit "i" and it will restore things. I think it's another issue he had with the script.

It does work tho. I use it from time to time. I may fiddle with it.

Rob Major
x3

Post by Rob Major » Mon, 8. May 06, 16:59

OK. So...back to my actual question:

Where is it?

I do not see ANY command button. Either with "readtext" or anything else. I'm sure I could've figured out that the new button saying "readtext" that suddenly manifested itself after I installed the script was the one I was looking for...

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”