[SCRIPT] Station/Complex Relocator v2.10 : Update (25/02/2006)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

PabloRSA
x4

[SCRIPT] Station/Complex Relocator v2.10 : Update (25/02/2006)

Post by PabloRSA » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 19:41

Name : Station/Complex Relocator
Version : 2.10
Released : 12/01/2006
Author : PabloRSA
Description : Dismantle player owned stations and pack them in a TL class ship hired or owned by player at one fifth of the stations cost.

Downloads no longer work and I don't have any backup files.
Station/Complex Relocator v2.10 Zip Download
Station/Complex Relocator v2.10 SPK Download ( Cycrow installer needed Download here )

It seems this script is still popular.
I no longer support this script and recommended saving before use as this script can cause unpredicted results..

How It Works (Detailed Description):

Each station has it's own menu under the orders button. A new menu will appear called Relocate Station, once this menu has been selected you will be shown a universe map. From this map you choose the station that you wish to move, once choosen, a new universe map appears. Now you have to select a player owned TL or a hired TL class ship to transport your station.
Once station and ship have been selected the TL ship will move to within 3km of the station and unpack the station into its cargo bay.
If there are docked ships at this station or you do not have enough money the TL ship will not dismantle the station and will tell you why.
As the dismantle process uses all the station and ships resources it will not be dismantled if the station is under attack by hostile forces.

The script will sell all tradeable ware inside the station for the avarage price and transfer all the money that the station has into player bank account.

--------------------

Next Steps / Currently Working On:

- Currently complete
- Bug Fixing (If any)

--------------------

Install/Uninstall
View readme file inside the zip.

--------------------

Command slots:
COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_27

Text file:
447390.xml / 497390.xml

--------------------

Version History

2.10 -
Bug Fixed, Mines can now be relocated.
Relocation cost reduced by factor of 10 instead of 5.
German T File fixed.

2.00 -
Major re-work of code.
Added support to transport over sectors.
Enhanced environment checking.
Complex now supported.
Balanced code.

v1.01
Bug fixed - Unable to move complexe's now due to no support.

v1.00
Public Release

Special thanks to those who help with my questions:
LV, Burianek, Cycrow and Naffarin
Last edited by PabloRSA on Thu, 11. Jul 13, 19:00, edited 15 times in total.

Skillers
x3tc

Post by Skillers » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 19:49

Sounds great. Would be even better if you could move complex hubs.

Anyway, does this script destroy the station, remake it and add all the stuff it had before back into it? Just interested.
"Warning, cargo bay now contains; Gate, Home of Light"

A dJ
x4

Post by A dJ » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 19:52

I think the price for moving a station is far too low. Also wouldn't it be a good idea to base the price on the distance moved?

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 20:09

Sounds great. Would be even better if you could move complex hubs.
Anyway, does this script destroy the station, remake it and add all the stuff it had before back into it? Just interested.
The script dont destroy or create anything it only moves it from xyz to new xyz, all the ware inside the station will still be the same. I havent got around to the complexes yet but I will look into moving everything with stations and complexes.
I think the price for moving a station is far too low. Also wouldn't it be a good idea to base the price on the distance moved?
That aint a bad idea, say ever km = 1 thousand credits.

The main reason I made this script was to make complexes nice looking by moving the factorys into the correct position and adjusting to align the connection tube straight.

Any more feedback would be nice.

random50
x3

Post by random50 » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 20:26

I'm about 60% of the way through a script to load a station and all its wares and resources onto a TL (plus freighters if required for the stock) for the purposes of relocation.

Should I bother finishing it?

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 20:32

Umm well if you feel it would be a better script than mine then go ahead. I just released this for a quick fix to relocate stations. I was eventualy going to use a TL to unpack it same as you etc... but thats way off untill i get the main code done so people can use it now.

Ill add the finer touches later.

Edit:
I just found a slight cheat to move the hub but i dont recommend you doing this as it makes the complex ugly. If you target one of your stations using T button then give it order to relocate, this will then only show your hub on the sector map which you can select and move.

Note this dose not move the tubes connecting the stations to the hub, therefore making it look ugly.

In the next release I may change it so you enter x y and z coords manualy instead of a map so it can be 100% accurate to the 0km.
Last edited by PabloRSA on Thu, 12. Jan 06, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.

Skillers
x3tc

Post by Skillers » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 20:37

Ah, cool. It's just that when I asked a similar question they said it would need to be destoyed, but I just realised that was upgrading stations.

Anyway, surely if you can move stations with this, you can move a complex hub, after all it's a station with a long pipe running from it. EDIT: Thinking about it, the pipe is probably the problem.
"Warning, cargo bay now contains; Gate, Home of Light"

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 20:46

Also addition to future versions I will see about a sell station button which i might have to give the script a new name later on. This is a MIGHT add not a WILL add.

This all depends on the demand and the need.

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 21:58

New version release due to a bug with complexe's.

They now do not move when you use this command. Support for complexes will be install at a later date.

djssuk
x3tc

Post by djssuk » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 22:04

Good stuff.

Do you think there is any way of automatically positioning stations of hub around a single main element?

For instance, you have the XL Solar in the middle and the Crystals, Cahoonas, etc automatically position close by with limited hub connection, all of equal , tidy length?

Or am I in dream world. My current Complex looks like a mixture of a a Pollock and a deformed insect... a real mess...

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 22:40

This seems possible (in my head) but putting it to a script maybe difficult and produce unwanted results.

The problem I see with this is that the complexes "as far as i know" dont have a length and width etc.. so getting the script to place another station on a kinda snap grid is tricky as the script will have to know the dynamics of the stations attached to the hub.

I will give this a try and if it works, i will probly make it an addon for the orginal script. Ofc this wont be tryed or made untill the orginal script is finished. So it maybe a long wait.

djssuk
x3tc

Post by djssuk » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 02:13

Going well so far though and anything is a bonus.

Getting to a fully working station location manager and builder would be something I am sure many would appreciate as it will reduce messy complexes and the need to be careful too.

Well done for the current progress.

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 03:03

If/when it becomes possible to move complexes would it be possible to arrange the complex to be more orderly?

What i'm gettting at is if you have a complex that is spread out and not only ugly, but a traffic hazard could you for instance replace the first factory at 0,0,45, then the second at 0, 0, 55 etc. then add the hub when it is complete to be above (or below) the elipse of the complex?

Moving factories is quite handy, but as i'm not much or an engeneer (read: i don't have the patience to bother being neat) i would like a nice easy method of placing my complexes in an orderly fashion.
Could the parents of the little Argon girl, Suzie, please claim her sealed jar of remains?
She didn't mind the gap and ended up vapourized!

WolfHeart
x4

Post by WolfHeart » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 03:41

You know I could have sworn this was supposed to be a built in feature of X3... didn't they say that this was implemented before release?

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 14:34

The whole grand design of this script will be to move stations the correct way that i would see egosoft doing it.

Which would be an unpack button and you select a TL ships yours or hired and for xxx price it will add the station and cargo of station into the TL of which you could then order the TL to move the where you like in the universe and replace the station where you like the same way as if u brought it from a shipyard.

This will work for complexes aswell as from what i hear if you destroy the hub the pipes go along with it making the stations attached as single units.
So if u unpack a hub into a TL you can then unpack the stations aswell and therefore over time you could move a whole 30 station complexe.

In theory to make the stations look correct and nice "this needs to be tested" you place the first station and then when you place the second select the first station as the base coords then move along the X or Y axis and it should align them perfectly with height making straight pipes.
If i find a good way to place the stations ill make a simple guide in the next release.
Other than that i cant really do much other than editing the current release so you can enter the x y z as numbers. ALtho i done believe the currently release to be an acuall script as it was design to be a temporay measure untill i offical release the next version.

djssuk
x3tc

Post by djssuk » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 16:21

I will be keeping a close and patient eyer on this then.

Good work.

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 21:34

I have just release a simple station seller script. This script is not finished as was released abit early ahead of time.

You can find it:
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=121609

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Fri, 20. Jan 06, 18:58

A new version has been released.

Version 2.00 -
Major re-work of code.
Added support to transport over sectors.
Enhanced environment checking.
Complex now supported.
Balanced code.

Stattion/Complex Relocator V2.00

This version is now complete.

A dJ
x4

Post by A dJ » Fri, 20. Jan 06, 19:46

*Editted into Oblivion*
Last edited by A dJ on Sat, 21. Jan 06, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Fri, 20. Jan 06, 20:29

just a bit a positive feedback ..;)

-store the info in a local var on the TL ..

(the way you do it now might get messed up when doing it on more than 1 station at the time .. also there is no need to use more than 1 global/local var. .. make it an array and you only need to get 1 local/global for the needed info..:))

G

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”