Forget Khaak and Xenon, the wife is the biggest threat to my Empire

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tymi
xr

Forget Khaak and Xenon, the wife is the biggest threat to my Empire

Post by Tymi » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 10:54

My wife bought X3 for me for Chrimbo. Now when ever I try and put a few hours in she asks me something to do around the flat.

I try to book game time in advance it usually goes something like this
ME:"Are we doing anything Wednesday night darling?"
HERINDOORS:"Absolutely nothing, did you have something in mind?"
ME:"Thought I'd spend the evening playing X3"
HERINDOORS:"Well we do need to go shopping, and those shelves need putting up, and the loft needs boarding" etc. etc. etc.

Have to wonder why she bought it for me when she always tries to stop me playing it!
"Bother!" said Pooh, as the FBI sniper shot Kanga.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 11:03

Why dont you older guys leave the gaming to us younger unattached guys? :)

Seriously I have to do stuff around the house too. Its not as fun is it.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

clagg0
x3

Post by clagg0 » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 11:11

Get the jobs done first Tymi then do the X3 bit.

I found that no matter what you do, you WILL NOT win. If you ignore her and put her in a bad mood she'll sulk, if you do the jobs required you'll get more jobs to do.

The only thing is to get an hour at a time whenever you can and, probably more importantly, when she is doing something else.

Tymi
xr

Post by Tymi » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 11:57

Aye clagg0 it's lose-lose. I've found being a considerate husband and running her a bath usually gets me an hour of X3 pleasure.

As for you OML, your time will come.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as the FBI sniper shot Kanga.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 12:03

Best advice I can give is develop insomnia. Gave me 11 years of having plenty of time for girlfriends, pub and gaming.....its amazing how short your day is when the you sleep for 9 hours.

Makes me think I'm missing out on stuff these days ;)

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

yoshida
x3

Post by yoshida » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 12:19

Funny. My wife doesnt understand video gaming at all. She thinks only children should play.

Ok! So sitting in front of the boob tube until slobber is coming out of your mouth and your brain has completely flatlined is more mature how? In the penuckle era, games for adults were entirely acceptable. But because so many of those people resisted technology for so long there is this myth about digital gaming being for kids. To hell with them! I am not watching Opra, Dr. Phill, or any other lame arse programming (except for history channel, discovery, and the like).

Really, golfing is more expensive (although I think it is kinda fun too). I could be a drinker! Instead, I like to play a video game that is interactive. Preferably something with strategy (although X3 is nice too). Oh well, I think that they simply want something we can do together, even if they are simply watching the boob tube and your just sitting there.

Oh well, I feel your pain man! Your wife is very smooth though. I think she bought you the game (even though she perhaps hates video games) to nullify any verbal observation that she wont let you play. "How can you say that? Didnt I get you that, that, whatever for Christmas?". Not as gracefull, but here it is like "All you do is play the computer!". Even when I havnt played for months at a time because I am inundated with work. Then I say, "So. Get the king a sandwich!" :D "Love muffin!" :D
my wife is the answer to Gabriel's Horn. It's all coming together now.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 13:27

The difference between men and women is:
Women want a man to work and men don't want to.

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 13:48

Atraxo wrote:The difference between men and women is:
Women want a man to work and men don't want to.
:lol: Good one

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 13:55

I simply got my better half her own computer, equipped with Civillisations 3, Age Of Empires II AOK and The Sims.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 14:16

Try to get her to develop her own interests that take her out of the house for an entire and very late evening. Especially interests where you will not be welcome at.

kabukiman2006
x3

Post by kabukiman2006 » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 14:27

I fully relate to this thread :)

After months of hearing " Why do you spend all of your time playing on the computer, why don't you do something constructive" etc, etc I finally gave up and...oh so subtely...introduced her to the various Zoo Tycoons, Rollercoaster Tycoons, and sims.
Now the timing is perfect. When she gets that " I'm going to make millions tonight" gleem in her eye...I get to play :)
Before Stonehenge came Strawhenge and Stickhenge.
----Eddie Izzard

ceogreen
x3tc

Post by ceogreen » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 14:34

kabukiman2006 wrote:I fully relate to this thread :)

After months of hearing " Why do you spend all of your time playing on the computer, why don't you do something constructive" etc, etc I finally gave up and...oh so subtely...introduced her to the various Zoo Tycoons, Rollercoaster Tycoons, and sims.
Now the timing is perfect. When she gets that " I'm going to make millions tonight" gleem in her eye...I get to play :)
Got to admit, my girlfriend is far too understanding about how long I spend playing X3 and various other games, perhaps the fact she's addicted to dungeon keeper and for some reason it only works on my computer has something to do with this.

Vanir
x4

Post by Vanir » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 14:37

I cannot but laugh at you people! :lol:

Playing X3 must be more enjoyable than sex with your partners! :wink:

It must be the thought of inserting upgrades. :D

I wonder what the rating for sex is when using criteria that are used for games;
graphics,
sound,
playability (short/long term),
value for money,
etc.

I'm stuck on a mission, in X3 that is.
Trading in War is a respectable and peaceful profession.

Yellow Melos
x3

Post by Yellow Melos » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 14:38

Not many girlies like computer games, but they do like talking... i fact most momen can talk the hind legs off a donkey !!!..

show her msn messenger and get he a cheap laptop :wink:

she must have friends she can talk to.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 15:30

Do something nice for her (romance or dinner somewhere nice) and she will let you play x3 for a good while i think. ;) :lol:

danleach
x3tc

Post by danleach » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 15:35

I feel sorry for all you attatched people
Apart from the sex a partner aint really much use, ...dump 'em ;) :)

CrossWire
x3

Post by CrossWire » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 15:41

I got over the problem by building "her in doors" a computer of her own and attached a eBay account, now she spends all day shopping for those useless little items woman shop for, leaving me free to play X3 until my hearts content. :)

Solfi
x3tc

Post by Solfi » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 16:10

esd wrote: I simply got my better half her own computer, equipped with Civillisations 3, Age Of Empires II AOK and The Sims.
... I tried this approach with my ex-gf. The only thing I ever managed to get her to sit down and actually play for a while was Black & White... and that was only because the creatures were kinda cute... And she's an AI-brainiac.

Yes, my ex-gf had a Masters in Computer Science... I found it almost ironical that she worked for Saab, programming the JAS Gripen simulator... (for those of you who don't what is, it's a swedish high-performance fighterplane).

Hachiman
x3tc

Post by Hachiman » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 16:11

danleach wrote:I feel sorry for all you attatched people
Apart from the sex a partner aint really much use, ...dump 'em ;) :)
Yeah,along with the house, the car,half your pension fund and your graphics card...[the last one just for spite]..... :D
Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari
[Victory comes while the sword is[still]in the scabbard]

Laroo
x3

Post by Laroo » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 16:44

No wife yet, TF, but girlfriend was getting shirty with me two weeks ago so this weekend sent her to a health spar.

The + + + side;
1. Shes happy wih me again.
2. Weekend of beer X3 and Nachos/chinese take away food.
3. Headache free 2 days.

The - - - points;
1. Cost me £500

Things I do to play games Jesus.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”