New X3 1.3 Galaxy Changes

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Thoughts?

Great, I'm going to use this in my own mods
50%
Bleh, I prefer the map without all the mini-roids
27%
I'm just happy Nuke has stopped being all stuck up....
23%

Total votes: 30

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

New X3 1.3 Galaxy Changes

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 01:57

With the new features of patch 1.3, including mobile mining, the galaxy is practically littered with TONS of tiny little 'mini-asteroids,' yet these asteroids are not stored inside the default x3_universe.xml file. These mini-roids and all other changes to the normal (1.2) galaxy are stored inside the file x3_universe_v13_patch.xml, and apparently read dynamically when loading a new game or an old 1.2 game, but only when those games use the x3_universe.xml map.

So the dilemma comes in that creating a new galaxy, you will not have any of the new mini-roids in your galaxy, and obviously you won't want to sit there and create 50,000 mini-roids on your own, especially if you want to make your galaxy JUST like the normal one.

So I've solved the problem. In the course of trying to figure out how to bring the Syndicate mod into the 1.3 arena, I took some time and did things right. I've merged the old x3_universe map with the changes from the x3_universe_v13_patch map. The result is the file I have attached below.

All you have to do is rename this map to whatever you want, drop it in the x3/maps/ folder and open it up in the galaxy editor. It's that simple, and now you can have all the mini-roids from the default X3 1.3 galaxy, without all the effort.

Note that you will need to copy the /x3/types/Jobs.pck and /x3/types/JobWings.pck and rename them Jobs.***.pck and JobWings.***.pck where *** is the name of your map. If you don't do this, you will not have any NPC ships at all when you start a custom game on your map. *Note that these files are found by extracting the contents of the 05.dat file in your x3 directory.

** DISCLAIMER **
This file is free to be used and distributed as part of your own maps and mods, but PLEASE give credit in your mod wherever it is due. Please do not take others' hard work for granted. Thank you.

Now for the download:

http://x.leetcode.net/x3/x3_universe_new.xml
Last edited by nuclear_eclipse on Fri, 23. Dec 05, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 02:17

Where's the poll option for "I'm never doing a universe mod as complex as the MWM again"?

But serious couldn't they have made a better way?

Kadaas
x3

Post by Kadaas » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 02:21

:lol: I liked the MWM map .Still have it in one of the X@ games I play.

Mehrunes
x4

Post by Mehrunes » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 03:02

The fact that they didn't just have the game randomly generate asteroids in prespecified fields makes my head hurt.

IneffableModder
x3tc

Post by IneffableModder » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 03:07

Actually, I am glad they made it this way, this will allow my app to "paint" asteroid fields instead of just placing single ones of all the same size.
AMD Phenom 9600+
Nvidia 8800 GTS 320
4 GIGs Dual Channel Memory
2 250 gig Raid 0 3 Gb/s drives
LogiTech Extreme 3D Pro USB - If I can find it ...

Ryuujin
x3

Post by Ryuujin » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 03:41

Nice timing, I was just wondering what to do about that :) - problem solved

Massamuusi
x3

Post by Massamuusi » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 20:19

Note that you will need to copy the /x3/types/Jobs.pck and /x3/types/JobWings.pck and rename them Jobs.***.pck and JobWings.***.pck where *** is the name of your map. If you don't do this, you will not have any NPC ships at all when you start a custom game on your map.
My (drive):\x3(installfolder)\ did not have a folder called types\ in it, nor did I find any files called jobwings.pck or jobs.pck with search tool from within x3 install folder. How is this fixed? I could get it work, but as said above, no npc's at all.

Thanks for the file and effort, and thanks for any help in advance!

(correction to prevent misunderstandings)
For Home, Religion and Fatherland.

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 20:52

Massamuusi wrote:
Note that you will need to copy the /x3/types/Jobs.pck and /x3/types/JobWings.pck and rename them Jobs.***.pck and JobWings.***.pck where *** is the name of your map. If you don't do this, you will not have any NPC ships at all when you start a custom game on your map.
My (drive):\x3(installfolder)\ did not have a folder called types\ in it, nor did I find any files called jobwings.pck or jobs.pck with search tool from within x3 install folder. How is this fixed? I could get it work, but as said above, no npc's at all.

Thanks for the file and effort, and thanks for any help in advance!

(correction to prevent misunderstandings)
You need to extract the contents of your 05.dat file to find the appropriate files. I apologize for the confusion. Grab one of Doubleshadow's tools if you need the extractor.

* nuclear_eclipse updates the original post... *

Massamuusi
x3

Post by Massamuusi » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 20:59

For Home, Religion and Fatherland.

Dunks
x3

Post by Dunks » Sun, 22. Jan 06, 19:08

Thanks for this. :thumb_up:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”