[MOD] Updated: 1/7/06 "M6 upgrade mod(/w cockpits/restored models)"

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 01:58

*Gives Mehrunes savegame with Falcons with turrets and all* Here look, see, nice nice red thingies flashing all over cie place, mucho beautifull it's not?
Aaaaah plz plz plz....no? stil no?...well...ok then.

Ok ok, point taken, youre right as far as beginner's universe goes, and that's someting to take into the equation...only feels a bit contradictionary from someone who just turned M6's into small battleships *hihi*

Btw, djeeeeez how long can it take to get 1 turret into a good position!!!
I suppose expert modders like you and all do this with help of 3dsmax hm? (or are you just realy talented and figure out the exact placement in 2 shots, could also be).

About that script to add new ships to shipyards as wares, don't suppose you've got someting like that in the back of hanger-1 do you? :)
The Xtended Mod

Need Help?

Ask Questions / View the FAQ's at TheXUniverse Forums
Read the News on Mod Developments at our Website

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 03:26

Yea, I noticed that.. - However, I find that filling it up with E-Cells, I can jump from CBSW to Interworlds AND BACK without filling up again.. - so for now that will do me...
Mehrunes wrote:I love the look of the Paranid Nemesis. It's very nimble, but pays the price with an extremely small cargo bay.
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 04:07

a script that just blows them all up would be acceptable

Mehrunes
x4

Post by Mehrunes » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 04:08

CO. Dragon Corp wrote:Ah, ok...one (hopefully final) question ^^: Is there any natural action in the game that forces the game to "build" new M6. Like an M6 dies in a fight against pirates for example and the game creates a new now to replace the lost --> voilá, we got a new corvette with your changes.

Are there such events, even if the player is not in the same sector?
Hopefully the GOD engine, or whatever it's called, will replace anything that's destroyed eventually.

Moxy: It's not necessary to edit the scene files, because they already have the turret and cameras placed. All you'd have to do is add a new turret to the pirate falcons and then add a gun on to that turret in X3 editor. You can copy the path and body IDs from any of the non-pirate falcon variants because they use the same numbers (path 28 for the camera and 10 for the turret I believe).

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 04:15

O Mighty Mehrunes, would you mind fixing the (*#$ rear turret on the Orca? Either the cockpit or the turret is facing the wrong way.

Edit: As an example of what Mehrunes is talking about:

http://www.deadlyshoe.com/images/stalwart1.jpg
http://www.deadlyshoe.com/images/stalwart2.jpg
http://www.deadlyshoe.com/images/stalwart3.jpg

the above images show the turret and gun settings of a Teladi Falcon modified to have 3 Turrets mounting 4 total guns. It uses the base scene file. As such the Left and Right turrets are actually forward facing turrets using the weapondummy rather than turret dummies with left/right fire arcs. I use Left and Right to indicate which gun is on which side.

Mehrunes
x4

Post by Mehrunes » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 04:34

The Orca's rear turret was indeed facing in the wrong direction. I uploaded a new version with a fixed scene file.

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 05:17

I know cause I just told you I already had them ingame (glasses anyone? :))
I was speaking about adding new ones, took me 3 hours to allign a 'quad-aftturret' (one camera-d) on the lower backspike of the Osprey.
But it's fun to do in a way so no real complaints about it.

I was just wondering if there was an easier way to do the allignment
since adding 24 'turrets' this way is gonna take me all week haha...hmm.
But I'm already getting better at it.

I just Loooooove how you can built your custom ship this way!!!

Thanks anyway for trying to help out (Got the new cockpits to work as well now, it was indeed the editor which needed rebooting but now it works like a charm)
You too Sandalpocalypse!, sometimes it's a little confusing to express clearly what I already can and what I still hope to learn :)
Last edited by -XTM- on Thu, 22. Dec 05, 05:24, edited 1 time in total.
The Xtended Mod

Need Help?

Mehrunes
x4

Post by Mehrunes » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 05:21

Moxy wrote:I was just wondering if there was an easier way to do the allignment
since adding 24 'turrets' this way is gonna take me all week haha...hmm.
But I'm already getting better at it.
You should be able to use DBox and X2BC now to load the scenes into max in order to edit them. I don't have any experience with that though, I just do by hand.

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 05:28

Well, you rock at it then.

Keep up the good work.
The Xtended Mod

Need Help?

CO. Dragon Corp

Post by CO. Dragon Corp » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 13:13

Hey Mehrunes,

I updated the mod files every time you updated your mod (which is quite often) :D .

But I didn't updated the script files, not until your latest version. Then I noticed that you've changed something with the script that replaces all own M6 with the new ones.

What did you change? IIRC I most likely used the "old" version of this script to change my M6, so do they miss something that comes with the new script?
Commanding Officer of the 'Dragon Corporation'
[ external image ]

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 19:57

it redocks your m6s if they were docked

Anyways, might have to change some parts of the mod for 1.3

probably want to dump the Tbullets / Tlaser files and edit anew using the new baseline

Dunno about hte rest of TShips

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 21:05

Anyone installed the M6 mod to the 1.3 update??

Stll downloading it myself, so thought I'd ask while waiting :D :D :D
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 21:16

the public version of the m6 mod should not be used with 1.3 as it will invalidate most of the 1.3 changes!

i just finished manually converting my version of the mod to 1.3 but it has a lot of other changes besides whats listed...

CO. Dragon Corp

Post by CO. Dragon Corp » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 21:55

Gnaaaaah....it took me quite a while to re-equip all my upgraded M6....and now this patch comes out! WHY?

:lol:

Hehe, ok, actually cool that the patch has been finally released. But I wont touch X3 until Mehrunes updates this mod :wink: .
[ external image ]

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 22:43

Hokay, thanks for the reply..

Methinks I might just restart my empire all over again (made some complex mistakes in my current empire) that way, by the time I am able to afford an M6 there should be a nice M6 mod waiting for me to install :) :)

Mehrunes
x4

Post by Mehrunes » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 01:05

Updated with new version compatible with 1.3. It doesn't have cockpits yet. I'll upload a version with cockpits as soon as I get around to it.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 01:13

re mehrunes

1.3 disables cockpit lighting...

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 01:28

Geee you are fast :o :o
I only just got X3 uninstalled ready for re-installing with the new patch..
Mehrunes wrote:Updated with new version compatible with 1.3. It doesn't have cockpits yet. I'll upload a version with cockpits as soon as I get around to it.

Mehrunes
x4

Post by Mehrunes » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 01:28

Good, the cockpit lighting was poorly implimented. They would always get lit up at strange impossible angles from laser fire.

CO. Dragon Corp

Post by CO. Dragon Corp » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 02:15

Greeeeeeat, you're fast man!

I can temporary live without the cockpits as long as my M6 has got their firepower back without having all the features of patch 1.3 disabled :D .

And by the way: They need this firepower! Just tested it: Without your mod + Patch 1.3 --> 2 Falcons & 1 Nova in sector "Teladi Profit" nearly whipped out my M6 sector patrol while I was in the sector (I know that a fight is going better with the player not being in the sector, because then only the ship's data is calculated against each other and the much stronger always wins ^^).

Then installed your mod and watched the fight again and the pirates got blown away in no time! :twisted:

On the one hand the massive pirate spawn with patch 1.3 is ok, a little more action. But on the other hand I would've lost one of my M6 fighting (w/o your mod) agains much cheaper ships (in addition). This would've been just stupid, the vanilla game (sorry, used to call an unmodded game "vanilla" :D ) is pretty unbalanced in this way if you ask me.

Thanks man, my christmas is saved with this! :)
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”