**X3 Player Guides,Tutorials and other Useful Information** Updated 15/09/06

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 11:00

JuNGle wrote::) All excellent stuff, I am a complete noob to this game (X3), and I need all the help I can get. I have a lot of questions about many aspects of x3 but I will do my best to read all the great guides you guys have put together 1st.

Keep up the good work.
:P
The thing to remember is there is no right or wrong way to play X games, each guide offers you a different way to play. All are good, you need only find a guide that sounds like its your sort of thing.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Sat, 3. Dec 05, 15:50

I think my title needs tweaking TSM. Tells you pretty much everything.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sat, 3. Dec 05, 17:33

Apocholypse wrote:I think my title needs tweaking TSM. Tells you pretty much everything.
Consider it tweaked :wink:
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

darkzaion
x2

Post by darkzaion » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 15:14

Boronshark's X3 Ship Stats

link not working .. i need ship stats and pic aswell :(

nilof
x3

Post by nilof » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 16:35

Try the links in my guide compilation.
{someone didn't observe the rules on signature sizes and lost their signature ;) - CBJ}

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Sat, 10. Dec 05, 09:13

This thread is great :)

Ive never seen so many guides covering so much.

An Apocholpses stuff is getting better by the day too. I checked out his complete guide to everything the other day and its a really nice piece of work.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 17:56

giskard wrote:This thread is great :)
Apocholpses stuff is getting better by the day too. I checked out his complete guide to everything the other day and its a really nice piece of work.
Why thank you so much Giskard.
Your names splatted all over egosoft now with all these new (yet smashing) completions. Do you actually play X3 :)

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 10:26

Apocholypse: Yes I play a lot, which is why i keep getting new ideas for guides. It is also why the script i released is taking so long to update. That and the fact Egosoft logic seems to be totally insane at times. Normal rules for computer logic seem to be a bit bent around here. :lol:

Anyway, keep up the good work mate.

If you hit any problems with regards to locked threads (read your post about it), let me know. I can arrange access to respawn as news poster for you if you wanted to post a guide in a location where you can always update it.

Giskard

Jams79
x4

Post by Jams79 » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 16:25

Just curious, but is there an table some enterprising person might have whipped up displaying the weapons and their capabilities?

Ryuujin
x3

Post by Ryuujin » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 21:08

spcutler
x3tc

Post by spcutler » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 10:52

I went through TBullets.pck and TLaser.pck and extracted the weapon information:
http://files.filefront.com/x3weaponsxls ... einfo.html

Note that it contains some spoiler information, as well as some... interesting... weapons that aren't in the game :-).

Let me know if you find any errors in it.

-Scott

MooMan7777
x3

Post by MooMan7777 » Fri, 16. Dec 05, 00:23

those weapon specs are rediculous!
the ion disrupter is practically useless in this game as a beta pac can drain nearly as much sheilds at half the energy drain...

ugh, this game is dumb

i though we got past that whole hept's are better then ppc's BS from X2

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Fri, 16. Dec 05, 16:53

MooMan7777 wrote:those weapon specs are rediculous!
the ion disrupter is practically useless in this game as a beta pac can drain nearly as much sheilds at half the energy drain...

ugh, this game is dumb

i though we got past that whole hept's are better then ppc's BS from X2
Actually I think it's sad that PPC's are so bloody useless too.

nilof
x3

Post by nilof » Fri, 16. Dec 05, 18:12

giskard wrote:This thread is great :)

Ive never seen so many guides covering so much.

Giskard
Could you just take a look at my compilation?

||
||
||
\ /
{someone didn't observe the rules on signature sizes and lost their signature ;) - CBJ}

BlueSwede
x3tc

Post by BlueSwede » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 19:56

Very nice compilation, nilof... :)

x2newbie1
x3

Post by x2newbie1 » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 00:30

TSM, thanks for adding the X3 rank list to your sticky. I'm sure a lot of peeps in North America will find that useful. But technically, it's not really my rank list so you might want to remove my name from the title. I only started the thread to ask for it and it was arch2 that posted it for us.

BugMeister
x4

Hint for Excel users..

Post by BugMeister » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 21:22

Just by way of a hint to Excel users..

- you can freeze your headings in Excel - this will enable you to scroll the body of the chart under the heading line..

just type "freeze headings" in the office assistance search for more info on the subject - it involves using freeze pane...

..it means that you don't scroll the headings off the top of the page - and it's so much easier to use the mouse roller than the scroll bar.... :D

NB. select the row under the heading and freeze pane - Many thanx for your efforts, you guys - banana, anyone?!
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

spcutler
x3tc

Post by spcutler » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 01:00

I added the pane freezing to my x3weapons file and fixed a small error. New one available here:
http://files.filefront.com/x3weaponsxls ... einfo.html

-Scott

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 15:10

Has anyone produced a "quick-key" list of the keypress sequences to initiate instructions yet?

- it would be useful if there was a list of the more common sequences..

- it would stop me having to drag the cursor through the treacle if nothing else! :D

So far I got -

To change ships whilst in dock - L L L Ent R R Ent [change ships]

..anybody wanna add any more?
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 16:38

Im with Bug here, it would be helpful.

The current menus are long winded.

Giskard

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”