Personnel Energy Generator V1.2 (solar panels for ships!!!(kinda))

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

PapaTong
x4

Personnel Energy Generator V1.2 (solar panels for ships!!!(kinda))

Post by PapaTong » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 06:22

*not 2.02 compliant... yet*

conflicts with:

Commodity Logistics Software MK2 by Lucike
Salvage Network by TECSG

if you have either of these try the pegse, it *should* work but it might conflict with:

Commodity Logistics Software MK1 by Lucike

yay someone hosted it :)

thanx to Spare-Flair for noticing i made a booboo, if you bought the command but can't find it in special commands bit, download the update from :-

http://uk.geocities.com/papatong6969/PEG12.zip

SE (for ware conflicts)

http://uk.geocities.com/papatong6969/pegse.zip

i, erm, forgot to change a variable, sorry :P
also there was a case sensitivity issue on my link to the file so it never worked, works now (thx liquidx)
good news, if you already bought it you should still have it on your ship and you will be able to use it straight away :)

papatong6969@hotmail.com

ok, i hear people crying "omg you turned a ship into a power plant, what a cheat!!!" and it's half true.
this is *intended* to be used for people who trade alot, or like to jump ships about alot. it generates upto 100 energy (in total, so no restarting to get more than 100) over a period of 5 minutes.
i think it costs about 10k and you can get it from teladi equipment docks, at least i think you can...

i am rambling, ok, email me if you want to test it for me at the above address.
you should be able to just unpack the main .rar into your x3 folder for it to work. hope you enjoy my painstakingly grafted ware, please feel free to send compliments and constructive criticism to me aswell...

oh, p.s. thx to LV who's scripts i learned how to code from, and stole a small amount of code from :P
Last edited by PapaTong on Sun, 8. Apr 07, 19:58, edited 8 times in total.

PapaTong
x4

Post by PapaTong » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 06:41

oh, teladi equipment docks, about 10k in price and the command is in the special commands menu.
Last edited by PapaTong on Mon, 5. Dec 05, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.

Andras
x3tc

Post by Andras » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 09:04

I did something like that with the Exodos Fleet mod im preoparing right now.

As some of the cap ships have realy BIG energy plants, why shoouldnt they be able to produce e-cells?

In my version I use a Ware 'Energy Bleed Off Shunt', it bleeds off shield energy and creates energy cells depending on the shield strength of the ship.

While the e-cells are being produced, shield strength is down to 1/6, so if you forget to turn it off before a fight you lose .. :)

while testing im playing around with a variant that drains the shields until they are totally depleted. This feels even better in terms of balance.

If energy is used, and then converted, it still is a cheat in game terms, but it makes sense... solar plants also convert energy ... and a cap ship is big enough.

A.

PapaTong
x4

Post by PapaTong » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 15:22

yeah someone gave me the idea not sure who (was a while ago) so i made in a one night session, took me till 5:30 am from midnight (never knew how to script before it) to make it, and it is now finished. only thing i really need to change is teh ware class of it, but can't find the command for it :P i was thinking about it draining the shields by a certain amount to get the energy but at teh time it was beyond my ability :P

PapaTong
x4

Post by PapaTong » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 19:18

anyone got any ideas for my next script, don't wanna lose my edge, might update this script for other stuff later on

RaGodofTehSun
x3

Post by RaGodofTehSun » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 23:18

crews for stations? :P the better the crew the faster things ghet produced green crew would make things like they are standard right now and have the beter crews cost maybe hundreds of milions to hire? then an up keep?

PapaTong
x4

Post by PapaTong » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 23:40

how would you implement it though... it would have to be an item on teh station wouldn't it, and then it would also have to gain experience and be able to be replaced... it's far beyond my ability, i mean this script was easy and i still broke it 3 times :P then had to change it due to someone else using the ware i wanted :evil: :evil:

anyway, i think it was you who gave me the idea for this mod, not sure though, also reduced max to 100 again as it sells for 10k instead of my intended 50k

might go check my dead "request scripts here" post to see if any ideas there

PapaTong
x4

Post by PapaTong » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 23:49

i can tell this script ain't very popular, lol, so what, i know someone likes the idea, just not sure who or if they even have a copy of the game :P

please add me to the list of commuinity scripts so i don't have to alter my price/energy amount again :P

also anyone who downloaded PEG.rar please redownload PEG12.zip, this is a replacement script because someone else used teh numbers i was wanting to, and i altered them.

if instead of "Personnel energy generator" you see "NEW_WARE_09" or something like that, please redownload, when i altered from peg.rar to peg12.zip, i forgot to alter the ware used in teh setup script, sorry :)

(best place to check for this mod is in seizewell, i found it there every time i looked)

Goobers
x4

Post by Goobers » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 01:40

i like the idea... but have one fault.

SPPs require crystals to produce E-cells. so either your ship needs something like it, or something completely different.

something like a "permanent" 100 cargo unit object, that acts like the battery... it charges up, and discharges directly into jumping.

okay, i have a question about the e-cells.

in my game, my UT has issues with wares in the cargo hold... namely, it will NEVER sell them. in the case of E-Cells, sometimes even though it HAS e-cells, it'll behave like it doesn't. so if I put this device on a UT, and it generates, the ship will now have 100 units of e-cells that it will NEVER use (plus any other that "glitches").

here's the reverse 10k to produce 100 e-cells every 5 minutes... is it sellable? you can sell it for a minimum of 600 credits. in about 85 minutes (17 cycles), you'd have made your money back.

17 cycles after that, another 10k. free money?

like i said... maybe what you should do (if it's possible)... when you buy the device, you "lose" x cargo space... it's reserved for "rechargeable e-cells". that way, you can't sell the ecells.

heck, make it so that even though it takes up 100 units of space, it "provides" the eqivalent of 120 (or whatever, can be enough for the jump to be clear across the universe)... but the drawback is... ALL of the energy goes into the jump. so it's 5 mins till the next jump.
PC Iteration Builds:

QX6700, OCZ 4 GB , MSI 8800 GTS
i7-930, G.Skill 6 GB, EVGA GTX480
i7-5820k, G.Skill 32 GB, ASUS GTX970
i9-7900x, G.Skill 32GB, EVGA 1080 ti

PapaTong
x4

Post by PapaTong » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 02:11

could possibly make it so that it uses a commodity that i make, i.e. recharge cells. it takes 5 minutes to recharge the cells and make a new jump command that uses the recharge cells... will look into it :)

Stanley Tweedle
x4

Post by Stanley Tweedle » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 06:56

I disaggree Goobers, i dont think he's at fault at all. What you're trying to point out is the abuse someone in more likely a mulitplayer universe, who has this mod, could afflict on an economy or to gain some advantage over other players.

The only problem here is what you do with the thing. There are about 30 mods that flat _give_ you money and ships and stations and crap. Is THIS the mod you're going to abuse to your uberness? 17x 5mins for 10k? hmm. This is clearly a ease of use mod for running errands and not suddenly being out of energy when you have to jump-escape some pirates.

PapaTong, i must say i havent installed your mod. But from what you've explained it seems handy at best. If you wish to try and code a different method of achieving this result, do so only for your own education, not out of any imagined necessity. Perhaps we could all still benefit from the endeavor.

PapaTong
x4

Post by PapaTong » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 12:20

was thinking about extending this mod to a sorta trade-type mod, firstly to add a jump ability then to maybe merge it with trade command 1+2 maybe even trade 3 eventually.
i.e. undocks from player station, charges jumps buys charges jumps trades (for something like stations over 2 sectors away)

Spare-Flair
x3

Post by Spare-Flair » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 06:44

I like this mod. Thanks very much, I am early in the game with only one slow ship and, jumping helps me out.

But the point about the crystals would balance this out. Maybe you need a certain amount of crystals yourself that get exhausted slowly.

I'm trying it right now, bought from Teladi Equipment Dock (not trading station) but it doesn't seem to be generating any cells. There's no command in the special command menu for it, what should it be called?

PapaTong
x4

Post by PapaTong » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 15:23

the command is called charge generator, on mine it is about the third or fourth command down on the list.

the reason i chose not to use crystals is crystals cost money and i didn't want this to have any ongoing costs, think of it as a solar panel all it needs is the sun.

the reason you weren't getting the command is because i forgot to change 1 variable in my script from when it was a different ware :P

anyway, i have now changed it and am uploading the new stuff, sorry :P

best way to use it, make sure no energy in cargo bay, and 100 space left, start it up, go into 10x seta and after about 30 seconds you should have ur 100 energy :) (100 was chosen, it gives TS ships 9 sector jumps)

enjoy it more :) (just overwrite the old files with the new ones)

download from the link at the top of the post :)

also made a slight booboo, with the link to the file, should work now, damn geocities for being case sensitive :P (thx liquidx)

Spare-Flair
x3

Post by Spare-Flair » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 21:02

In this version, you forgot to change SS_WARE_SW_NEW7 to Personal Energy Generator in the script.

Also, somewhere in the script, the ware type is called Personnel Energy Generator instead of Personal Energy Generator.

Thanks though for fixing the special command menu :)
Last edited by Spare-Flair on Thu, 8. Dec 05, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.

Spare-Flair
x3

Post by Spare-Flair » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 21:05

In this version, you forgot to change SS_WARE_SW_NEW7 to Personal Energy Generator in the script.

Also, somewhere in the script, the ware type is called Personnel Energy Generator instead of Personal Energy Generator.

Thanks though for fixing the special command menu :)

PapaTong
x4

Post by PapaTong » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 22:32

lol :P

few questions, are you sure it's
SS_WARE_SW_NEW7
not
SS_WARE_SW_NEW9

and is the file 448101.xml in the t folder?

if you downloaded my original script (250 energy at 100k cost) it was in SS_WARE_SW_NEW9's slot, only solution i can think of for that is to download red spot's RS.ESJC from http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=108432

it *should* overwrite the mistake SS_WARE_SW_NEW9's

however if your getting SS_WARE_SW_NEW7 as a name of an item you can buy, you probably haven't installed the t file (448101.xml) into the right place, currently it takes SS_WARE_SW_NEW7 and the personnel energy generator is just a typo on my behalf, will change it in my next update.

if someone else can figure out wth i done, feel free to tell me :) (this really should be more like version 1.9, amount of booboo's i made :)

PapaTong
x4

Post by PapaTong » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 22:52

erm, it's not a typo, i call it personnel energy generator because it's the size and shape of a person so there :P

nyer nyer etc etc, lol, sorry got bored, will fix it in a few days incase anyone else knows of any mistakes i made and how to fix em :)

spikened
x3

Post by spikened » Tue, 13. Dec 05, 09:34

Goobers wrote
here's the reverse 10k to produce 100 e-cells every 5 minutes... is it sellable? you can sell it for a minimum of 600 credits. in about 85 minutes (17 cycles), you'd have made your money back.
17 cycles after that, another 10k. free money?

Soo,... are you worried about the fact that you may be tempted to sit around for a quarter stazura with your thumbs up your yahoo waiting for 10k.Cr rather than making two or three times that in that same amount of time because you can now cross The Atlantic in a jet instead of a row boat? :?

Stanley Tweedle wrote
I disaggree Goobers, i dont think he's at fault at all. What you're trying to point out is the abuse someone in more likely a mulitplayer universe, who has this mod, could afflict on an economy or to gain some advantage over other players.

However...

Goobers wrote
...something like a "permanent" 100 cargo unit object, that acts like the battery... it charges up, and discharges directly into jumping.
...when you buy the device, you "lose" x cargo space... it's reserved for "rechargeable e-cells". that way, you can't sell the ecells.
...make it so that even though it takes up 100 units of space, it "provides" the eqivalent of 120 (or whatever, can be enough for the jump to be clear across the universe)... but the drawback is... ALL of the energy goes into the jump. so it's 5 mins till the next jump.

...This is a kick ass idea and has much potential. Sell it (at the stations where you can buy the jumpdrive) as an attachment for your JD; the kicker being that you can't buy it if the purchasing ship is not equipped with a JD.
I'm really diggin' the limit thing too as it supports the creation of worthwhile devices (devices that dont cheat) for your ships. Here's what i'd like to suggest. Create a Jumpdrive Charging Device that activates when you engage the JD (giving "life" to the countdown). After selecting your destination the JDCD automatically charges to the amount required for the trip, the countdown begins and we're off! Here's another kicker. The JDCD can be upgraded in capacity in the exact same way as your cargobay extention (in cumulatively rising in price incriments). Naturally you will need to buy the device, then you can apply (buy) the upgrades.
The next thing is that your ships Max Cargo Unit Upgrade amount will determine how many Cargo Units you can upgrade your JDCD to. So long trips may require multiple jumps with a two or three mizura layover between jumps;... just enough time to kill those bakayaro who went gap sick. :twisted:
And I agree with Goobers that this device should most definately take up some cargo space (say 20cu giving you a fair four sector jump in a small ship) and when you upgrade the JDCD's capacity, it takes up the amount of units purchased which shouldn't exceed 10% of the Max CU but no less than 20cu. The device is transferable, however the upgrade units are not. When the device is removed from a ship all upgrade units will be lost and have to be repurchased, even if the device is returned to a ship you had previously upgraded it in (no cheeting remember :mrgreen: ), that way you don't suffer permanent and/or cumulative loss of cargo space.

Papa Tong, if you don't mind I'd like you use your script as a base for learning a little bit more about scripting? I'm asking just incase I wind up creating something, I've seen that alot around here. :lol:

PapaTong
x4

Post by PapaTong » Tue, 13. Dec 05, 14:25

can use it for me, don't expect it to be the most elegant script though, am kind of a defensive programmer, if you want u can actually change the script i wrote to give more energy or make it work in less time, by changing 2 numbers (time and energy i think...)

lol, also checkout LV's HRT script, it has a few extra features (like the log entries being in the t file) that mine doesn't, and it is what i used to do this script :P

however about the special jump energy, i don't see any way in which the actual cargo hold can be altered so that part of it only takes this jump energy, you could make it so you can buy upgrades on BBS which would alter the amount of energy you can create. or create several wares that when bought increase your energy (storage things) but that would clog the ware area up even more than it already is. the next upgrade i was gonna do was to put trade MKI and MKII functionality so that it checks how much energy, if not enough charges till full then jumps and buys then depending on energy used jumps back again, but busy at uni at the moment. if you want to alter my script, make it better etc etc, feel free to.

btw, if your making a ware i suggest you make it a BBS ware, there are only 20 wares u can use and most of them are very highly priced.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”