[CHEAT] God Mode - v1.1 2005-11-13 *Update*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Thoughts?

You are my saviour (I know)
46%
Great idea, but not for me
19%
Lame idea
8%
OMGWTFBBQ! H4X0R H473!!!
28%

Total votes: 514

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

[CHEAT] God Mode - v1.1 2005-11-13 *Update*

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 02:41

This is for all you buggers out there who have slower computers, or don't have joysticks, or just plain dont want to worry about dying or losing your precious ship while you are away. This script actively repairs your shields and hull to full status every tenth of a second. This should be sufficient to protect your ship from any attack, unless you are in an M5 going head-to-head with a destroyer.

Basically, as long as your opponent can't take you out with a single shot, you are omnipotent, and can take as long as you like to kill your agressors. You can also run this on any or all ships in your fleet and have an invincible army at your disposal.

Features:
- Make any or all of your ships all but impervious to attack
- Being able to finally stop and smell the roses in Xenon and Kha'ak sectors... without dying right afterwards
- Take on the entire Kha'ak Armada in your M3 without breaking a sweat

Side Effects:
- Guilt for being a scrooge
- Raised self esteem that can get you in trouble
- Fear of nothing, which can get you killed in real life
- Boredom when all the challenge is removed

Everyone enjoy:

http://x.leetcode.net/x3/godmode.rar :lol:

EDIT: If you would like to use God Mode for stations as well, download this addon by 'A DJ'
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=109224
Last edited by nuclear_eclipse on Sun, 22. Jan 06, 01:01, edited 3 times in total.

Lothmorg
x3

Post by Lothmorg » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 03:37

I choose the last option just because it was funny! :rofl:

Seriously, I think it's cool just so I can take a look and see how you implement the scripts.
Understanding that will help me make better scripts.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

craigww22
x3

Post by craigww22 » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 05:00

It would be a good script, but it would just suck all the fun out of the game.

Lothmorg
x3

Post by Lothmorg » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 05:18

Looks like I get a chance to try it out for Mission 2. :D

On a side note...

Where is the energy indicator for your ship? I would very much like to know when my energy is getting low before it gets low. :wink:

craigww22
x3

Post by craigww22 » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 07:14

Bottom left, blue bar is shields, green is hull.

Lothmorg
x3

Post by Lothmorg » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 07:40

Found it. The energy is the red bar behind the weapons icons.

The script didn't help for mission 2 unfortunately, but I was able to get past it eventually.

SpatryX
x3

Post by SpatryX » Sun, 13. Nov 05, 06:23

I wanted to test this script for kicks... I ran it and decided to pick on the Teladi.... I ended up getting SPANKED! This script did not work for me using v1.2.1 Would have been cool if i could have gotten it to work....
[ external image ]

Don't be too proud of this technological terror you have constructed.... The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the FORCE! -Darth Vader

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Sun, 13. Nov 05, 16:58

It should work in 1.2.01 no problem. It does for me. Are you making sure that the godmode command is running under 'additional ship commands' for your ship? You must manually activate it for every ship you own.

Also, like I said, this script simply refreshes your hull and shields back to full strength every tenth of a second. If something shoots at you and can kill you in less than 1 tenth of a second, this script is useless against it. Eg. this script cannot protect your fighters against squash mines, nor GPPC fire, or anything else that's extremely powerful because there is not enough time for the script to replenish your health before you die.

The script basically allows you to take on a pack of ships that are each only one or two classes above yours, but if you try to take on an M2 in your M5, you will probably have troubles.

Crypton
x3

Post by Crypton » Sun, 13. Nov 05, 17:16

yup it works,

go into ship command console, scroll down, will see a couple places for extra commands,

use it and select the text file that was included with the god mode pack

btw. anyway to get that showing up as God Mode instead of 447802.xml.txt or whatever it was? Was testing the script out and noticed that is does not show the name, but the 447802 portion.

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Sun, 13. Nov 05, 19:25

OK, I figured out the readtext issue, and it was a stupid mistake on my part. It is fixed now in 1.1, and you can download the new one from the link at the top. OR, you could simply rename the 447802.xml file to 447890.xml and not even bother with a new download. Your choice.

Crypton
x3

Post by Crypton » Tue, 15. Nov 05, 08:41

cool, not worried about it though, just checked it out to see if it worked, but downloaded the new one to archive as im sure I will want it later after I do the game a good once over without cheating.

Thanks though! :)

Gillie
x3tc

Post by Gillie » Sat, 3. Dec 05, 20:29

This file keeps coming up as a corrupt file when I unpack it.
Can you check the integrity of the file?
it downloads as a 3k file. but both files in the script subdirectory fails the CRC check.
Thanks.

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Sat, 3. Dec 05, 21:02

Try downloading the file again. Perhaps you had a bugged download. I just downloaded it mysef, and all files extracted fine and viewed correctly in IE.

mrdefender
x3

Post by mrdefender » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 02:21

Alright, how exactly do you get this to work?

It's in 'Slot1' in 'additional options' but how do I execute it?

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 03:00

Enabling god mode should be as simple as going to the additional commands slot, highlighting 'God Mode' and hitting Enter. It should then appear enabled in Slot 1, and will take care of itself as long as you dont go back later and change the command for that slot.

NOTE: This does not protect you from everything. Any weapon that can destroy your craft in one hit (squash mines), or deal serious amounts of damage absurdly quick (B/GPPC), will destroy you anyways due to the limitations of the way I had to implement god mode.

mrdefender
x3

Post by mrdefender » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 08:19

Ah :) Many thanks :)

iflyhigh101
x4

Post by iflyhigh101 » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 05:44

Is there anyway to make the shields and hulls refresh even faster so that you could take on anything? ie: your M5 against an M2?

Also is there a way to make the script work for your entire fleet with only a few commands, instead of having to goto each ship and do it manually?

Thanx

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 05:53

iflyhigh101 wrote:Is there anyway to make the shields and hulls refresh even faster so that you could take on anything? ie: your M5 against an M2?

Also is there a way to make the script work for your entire fleet with only a few commands, instead of having to goto each ship and do it manually?

Thanx
It is possible, just change the @= wait xxk ms command to use a smaller number, which means it will refresh sooner. However, the lower you go, the more processor intensive the script becomes, especially if you use the command on your entire fleet.

As for the second question, I don't know of any easy way at the moment.

MSX
x3

Post by MSX » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 20:56

i used the god mode script but it only works if im not moving or turning the second i move it says autopilot off then i get killed lol. help plz MSX

Zergos
x3ap

Post by Zergos » Wed, 28. Dec 05, 12:51

Helo. Working this script in X2?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”