[Script] Freight Logistics Software

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jimmy Jazz
x3

[Script] Freight Logistics Software

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 12:33

Important: This script works without any known issues. Unfortunately I never found the time to develop the script further, especially the command signals were asked for by many people.

But do not despair, Klaatu has improved the script and added better funcionality. You will find it at:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=124953

Many thanks to Klaatu

----------------------

Freight Logistics Software

By Jazz Industries

Trade Software for the Industrial Moguls

Access through the ships Trade menu, TradeSoft MKII required

Adds two new commands to the ships trade menu:

NEW: One Way Delivery: Delivers a ware from one of your stations to another and returns empty. This it will do forever and ever and ever….

Two Way Delivery: Delivers a ware from one of your stations to another and returns with a second ware. This it will do forever and ever and ever….

Why do I need this?
Imagine you have an industrial complex that needs silicon and a silicon mine that needs energy. With FLS you can assign a freighter to deliver energy from your complex to the mine and return with the silicon. No money is involved. This way you can give the mine zero credits and it will work nevertheless. Industrial complexes can now become truly self sufficient even without being connected to a mine.
The software does not discriminate between products and resources. This means you can load energy cells from a complex although it uses it as a resource.

When does it stop working?:
If the hull of your ship drops below 80% or if one of the stations is destroyed it will fly to the nearest shipyard and send you a message.

How to install:
Just extract the archive into the main game folder. The next time you start the game, you should see the commands in the trade menu

Download at:
http://plutonium.schattenseite.de/fls.zip

Resources used:
Text ID: 44-8216
Command_Type_Trade_48
Command_Type_Trade_48

Suggestions, comments?
Last edited by Jimmy Jazz on Wed, 1. Feb 06, 12:50, edited 3 times in total.
Pinky : "Gee, Brain what do you want to do tonight?"
Brain : "The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!"

Simon029
x4

Post by Simon029 » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 13:48

nice idea.

good work. :)

the game is getting better and better with all those scripts.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 19:03

Nifty.

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 21:26

Jimmy Jazz, I am currently trying to make a script that will collect e-cells from my complex and sell them. I think some slugs have better scripting abilities than me, but this shows me that I can make a script that will make a freighter collect resources. Maybe you could adapt that script, or show me how you did it. All I want the script to do is have one freighter collect e-cells and sell them, then just repeat that.
Anything you can do is appreciated, thanks.

Jimmy Jazz
x3

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 16:41

I am currently pretty busy, barely find the time for scripting :cry:

If you want to pick up e-cells from your complex you need the right argument in your script. Argument station/product lets you chose a product only, station/resource lets you pick e-cells from your complex (or any other resource). The most useful argument in your case imo is station/ware since it lets you chose resources and products. Thus you can sell resources from your complex.

For the selling for best price part, why don't you try to find a similar script and adapt to your needs or try to learn from them :wink:

If you want the script to run forever, you have to loop it with the "while" command, don't forget to implement an interupt for the loop, or it will truly run forever

Hope this helped

Mopy
x3

Post by Mopy » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 19:16

Yay!

Nice one. Do you have to transport goods both ways, or can it function like CLS in X2, where you can do this with just one product, one way, repetitavely? Either way, off to give it a shot ;)

Cheers,
Mopy
Sig

Jimmy Jazz
x3

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 12:13

It works both ways only. Maybe I will adapt it in the near future. should be easy. Just don't have much time right now.

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Tue, 15. Nov 05, 11:34

I was planning to write a script to do the same thing - I had one for X2, but thanks to you - it saves me the hassle :D

Jimmy Jazz
x3

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 14:41

I am now working on expanding the script...

Wrote a one way version of the delivery and working on a sell resource script

available for download soon
stay tuned :wink:

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 17:24

Thanks. great script. Im using it to get silicon to my complexand to take energy back, and it works fine. Il wait until you release a new version, since you seem to know waht you are doing.

Eventure
x3

Post by Eventure » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 19:26

Nice script, works pretty good!

But how about to upgrade the FLS script that the transport can use his jumpdrive for stations far away?

He can get the required energy from the stations pool he visits. Only as much he need for one transfer, jumps to destination, unloading the goods, gets new energy he needs for jumping back and so on.

Helps alot when your complexes or stations are around the universe and you have to support it with goods, that other complexes or stations far away produces.

At the moment i must do that frequently by using manual commands. Not really fun! :(

Baleur
x3tc

Post by Baleur » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 05:40

Please please please release the one-way version now, i need it ^^
CPU: Intel i7 6300k RAM: 32gb GPU: nVidia 1070 6gb VRAM

Mopy
x3

Post by Mopy » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 10:04

Looking forward to it :)

Cheers,
Mopy
Sig

reddragon133
x3

Post by reddragon133 » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 11:05

oh yes, exactly what I DO need!! a one way script. pls, pls release it. even without the trade option. just a one way delievery.

by the way, I try to run your two way script, my editor is enabled, script loaded, but when I give the command to my trasnporter nothing happens and he send me an email without any message. what do I wrong?

thy a lot for your work.

RaGodofTehSun
x3

Post by RaGodofTehSun » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 11:36

this script is GREAT thank you i use it alot to form SPP loops...and as for the problem i have never encountered it before...maybe your docking paths are blocked?

Chluke
x3

Post by Chluke » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 13:16

How do i get this script to work? I've enabled the script editor installed the script and i can highlight the script but what do i do after that? I've pressed r to load the scipt but then I have two choices i've tried both but whatever one i chose i stillo dont have the option in the ts trade section to choose this script.
AMD65 3700+
Asus A8N Sli Deluxe
BFG 7800
1.5GB 3200
Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality

Jimmy Jazz
x3

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 13:18

I know this is frowned upon but since a new version of this script is available I will bump it shamelessly :wink:

Celedon
x3

Post by Celedon » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 17:34

Awesome. The one way thing is huge, thanks for adding it in.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 21:35

new version updates are not considered bumps :)

Mechadude
x3tc

Post by Mechadude » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 08:49

It works great, however it does not show the correct location of a ship (it says space, even if the ship is docked) nore does it indicate what the ships orders are (or the product is has in it's hold).

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”