Asteroid creation script?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

stevecs
xr

Asteroid creation script?

Post by stevecs » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 20:15

I'm looking to play around in creating some complexes with mines and was wondering if there is some type of asteroid creation script (or how to create one) that would allow the user to specify where to place an asteroid and it's yield/type?

Lothmorg
x3

Post by Lothmorg » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 20:23

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

craigww22
x3

Post by craigww22 » Sun, 13. Nov 05, 02:18

I'm having trouble getting that script to work. Why does it ask for a ship or station?

When I do manage to create something, it's labelled readtext something (can't remember exactly) and has no model. Though I can scan it. It doesn't seem to actually replace the asteroid you select.

Is it possible this is an X2 script?

stevecs
xr

Post by stevecs » Sun, 13. Nov 05, 03:21

Lothmorg wrote:Here.
Thanks, but I'm also having some trouble with it. I tried hard-coding the positions/asteroid type as well but I don't think the create asteroid function is working? (is there a language manual for the scripting language for X3?)

Lothmorg
x3

Post by Lothmorg » Sun, 13. Nov 05, 03:45

Yep. It does not create a new asteroid, but changes the yield on an existing one. Bummer.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

craigww22
x3

Post by craigww22 » Sun, 13. Nov 05, 06:59

I've found that deploying a mine on the replaced, not-really-there asteroid will make it visible again, so it does sort of work. An actual creation script should be easy to make - just not by me! :D

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sun, 13. Nov 05, 07:35

A sample script here might help

stevecs
xr

Post by stevecs » Sun, 13. Nov 05, 10:23

Ok, after some playin it appears the original script needs to have the create asteroid:type=1 not =4 for it to work properly (is there a rosetta stone anywhere that enumerates all the types?)

Anyway, also tried to change this from var/asteroid to var/position so I can pick where to place it (as someone already stated this just replaces the current asteroid with a new one). But when I did this I can pick a position but then nothing at all happens? When I change it back to var/asteroid I can pick an asteroid and have it replaced.

Something else is set up differently by the var type besides just the x,y,z positions?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”