Satellite Deployment Script v1.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

KryNx
xr

Satellite Deployment Script v1.1

Post by KryNx » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 22:03

If, like me, you are sick of manually deploying satellites, the answer to your problems is here!

This is actually a very simple little script, it just checks each sector you have discovered to see if there is already an advanced satellite there, and if not, and it is not an enemy sector, will place one at 0,0,0 in that sector. It will check each of your sectors every 10 minutes, so if one is destroyed, it will soon replace it. It will also automatically buy the satellites at the location that has them the cheapest, and you can set the maximum price it will pay for them, and the number it will purchase at a time.

Each time it deploys a satellite, the pilot will charge a flat fee of 1000 credits.

Enjoy!

Current Version: v1.1

Rar version
Self-Extracting Executable version
Last edited by KryNx on Wed, 9. Nov 05, 23:31, edited 4 times in total.
The only thing that keeps me sane is my collection of singing goldfish.

craigww22
x3

Post by craigww22 » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 23:31

That's cool - it lets you cheat but in a "fair" way... :wink: :wink:

KryNx
xr

Post by KryNx » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 23:58

How is this cheating?.. It simply deploys satellites for you, but you pay for the satellites, plus an extra fee on top, and it wont deploy them in sectors you havent discovered yet.. It's no more cheating than the Universe traders, or any other scripts that allow you to automate a ships actions.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 04:04

KryNx wrote:How is this cheating?.. It simply deploys satellites for you, but you pay for the satellites, plus an extra fee on top, and it wont deploy them in sectors you havent discovered yet.. It's no more cheating than the Universe traders, or any other scripts that allow you to automate a ships actions.
Thats why he said "in a 'fair' way", UT's are cheating in a 'fair' way too. Neat script, though two questions: Can you stop this script once you started it? Do you have to open the script editor to use this script?
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Therm
x3tc

Post by Therm » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 05:25

I really can't figure it out myself I tried loading it from the script editor choosing null and then entering 1000 as max price and 3 in storage and it locks up no matter what i try. Then instead of null the 2nd time I choose my current ship and it didn't do anything.

KryNx
xr

Post by KryNx » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 09:10

It's a radical suggestion, I realise, but reading the readme could possibly help there.. :P
Instructions:

Just extract to your X3 directory, then ingame, ensure the ship you wish to
designate as a satellite deployment ship has the Special Command Software Mk1
installed, and simply activate the script in the "Ship commands" menu in the
ships command console.
You dont need to enter the script editor, just go to the command console of a ship that has the Special command software mk1, go down to "ship commands" and select "designate satellite deployment ship". Also, a max price value of 1000 isnt going to work too well - they generally cost more along the lines of 14500 or thereabouts (Sorry, I've just noticed I didnt mention this part, but this script deploys Advanced Satellites, not the cheaper, nastier Navigation Satellites)

Really the max price thing is rather useless though, I think I'll just remove that, so you just select the number it stocks at a time. As far as the problem you had, if you manually run the script from the script editor, it will lock up if you choose null instead of targetting the ship you want to activate the script on, and the reason it didnt do anything when you did select the ship was because of having the maximum price set too low - it couldnt find anywhere to buy satellites that cheap, so it didnt.

I'll upload a new version tommorow that has had a couple of little fixes, and the maximum price removed.

KryNx
xr

Post by KryNx » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 09:32

Actually, I had a sudden burst of energy, and have updated it now, the link in the first post now points to v1.1.
Changelog:
Fixed freezing when script was manually executed on null
Removed maximum price selection
Cleaned up the script slightly so it checks if it has Satellites in stock BEFORE flying to a sector to deploy them
Enjoy!

stevecs
xr

Post by stevecs » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 15:34

KryNx wrote:Actually, I had a sudden burst of energy, and have updated it now, the link in the first post now points to v1.1.
Changelog:
Fixed freezing when script was manually executed on null
Removed maximum price selection
Cleaned up the script slightly so it checks if it has Satellites in stock BEFORE flying to a sector to deploy them
Enjoy!
Cool! Thanks for this, now I just have to free up one of my ships to run this (was planning on moving to a super freighter anyway). ;)

Therm
x3tc

Post by Therm » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 15:35

Yeah I read the readme but the problem was when I went to any ship with the special command software mk1 I didn't see anything in the list about deploying satellites I don't know why but it just wasn't there so I tried loading it manually from the script editor cause that works. Not sure why this is maybe you need to buy the mk1 first and not have it equiped already maybe you have an idea why.

Yeah I wasn't sure about the advanced satellite as I did not have one to check the info I thought 1000 was too low but I still couldn't get past the freezing part now I know why.

Thanks for your help :)

KryNx
xr

Post by KryNx » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 19:35

Right, you see, you arent taking my meaning when I say its in the ship commands menu in the ship command console - When you open the ship command console, you will see the "Navigation", "Trade", "Special", "Combat", etc (assuming you have the relevant software installed, of course).. If you then scroll downwards you'll see another menu below called (from memory - I cant be stuffed rebooting so I can fire up X3 to check) "Additional Ship Commands".. if you then press enter, you should see an option "Designate Satellite Deployment Ship".

Anyway, good luck, and enjoy! :)

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 21:15

Hmm... just random ideas off the top of my head if you were looking for other ways to take this..

-One that works with regular navsats

-Can deploy in different configurations - like a square or a cross some distance from sector center (Higher cost per-sat , maybe?)

-Ability to base it at a player nav-sat factory and have it acquire all of its sats from there

-A version that would cause a fighter based in a TL or a M1 to automatically lay navsats if the sector the TL / M1 enters is missing one.

Britich
x3tc

Post by Britich » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 20:52

A version that would cause a fighter based in a TL or a M1 to automatically lay navsats if the sector the TL / M1 enters is missing one.
Posting a craft on a M1/TL would be good, the craft undocks only when told to though. Taking the AdvSat from the supply in the M1/TL only, runs to 0.0.0, deploys then runs all the way back to the M1/TL. And will only lay Sats in the sector of its HQ Ship.

Lothmorg
x3

Post by Lothmorg » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 21:54

It would be nice to be able to specify how many and what distances (x/y/z) to place them.

Right now, I have 8 sats per sector at 24K out from center, covering most of the sector.

.......X................X.......
.......X................X.......

Both up and down (+24K/-24K)

Placing these right now is a pain. Having something that would replace them as they are destroyed would be wonderful.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 19:27

Experienced a game crash. I entered "5" in the Number of Satellites to Stock and it froze up good.

All I can say is that A.) I might not have had enough cargo room in the ship for 5 adv sats and B.) The local adv sat factory was empty of adv sats.

Query:

When you say it doesnt lay them in enemy sectors, does that mean the *ships* enemy's, or yours?

edit: Tried it again. It's definitely not hte cargo room in the ship.

Trimp
x2

Post by Trimp » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 12:59

original post deleted - script now working

nobloodyname
x4

Post by nobloodyname » Sun, 13. Nov 05, 11:30

KryNx wrote:Right, you see, you arent taking my meaning when I say its in the ship commands menu in the ship command console - When you open the ship command console, you will see the "Navigation", "Trade", "Special", "Combat", etc (assuming you have the relevant software installed, of course).. If you then scroll downwards you'll see another menu below called (from memory - I cant be stuffed rebooting so I can fire up X3 to check) "Additional Ship Commands".. if you then press enter, you should see an option "Designate Satellite Deployment Ship".

Anyway, good luck, and enjoy! :)
Actually, I'm having the same difficulty as the original poster. It should be under additional ship commands, you're quite right. Except it isn't - on any of my ships - and they all have the special command software installed.

Odd, huh?

Sounds like a good and handy script though!

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 13. Nov 05, 11:53

For me, it took a long while before it started showing up. God knows why. BUt it did eventually.

Abanon
x3

Post by Abanon » Sun, 13. Nov 05, 12:30

Does the ship use jumpdrive if installed (prolly not as its not mentioned anywhere here so far), perhaps a future update :D

Arayn
x3

Post by Arayn » Sun, 13. Nov 05, 17:51

I needed some reboots and even some more time to have the script showing up. I have no clue why...
Now it's working, good job KryNx!
Btw, did you consider that ships running the script might cross the whole galaxy to get cheapest satellites (which is cool) and therefore might cross (known) Xenon sectors? Makes the script one to pay some attention to...

speedyPS
x3

Re: Satellite Deployment Script v1.1

Post by speedyPS » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 04:01

KryNx wrote:This is actually a very simple little script, it just checks each sector you have discovered to see if there is already an advanced satellite there, and if not, and it is not an enemy sector, will place one at 0,0,0 in that sector.
It would be great to be able to specify the x, y, and z co-ordinates (old trick in x2 of placing the sat 20 K up and it never got destroyed).

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”