X3 Video Clips (Last UPDATED: Nov. 10, 12:15PM[GMT-6])

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

youki
x3tc

X3 Video Clips (Last UPDATED: Nov. 10, 12:15PM[GMT-6])

Post by youki » Wed, 2. Nov 05, 08:42

Re-organized the post. All the clips are listed here now. Check back often for new additions.
All clips were captured @ 1280x1024, 4xAA, 8xAF, high quality texture/shader using FRAPS (FRAPS automatically takes the resolution down by half when exceeding 1024x768). Encoded with divx. You can get the codec here.
I switched to a new download service, which is faster and more user friendly.(Thanks for player pointing me to the new site. :wink:)

UPDATES:
  • Thursday November 10 2005 @ 12:13[GMT-6]
    I got really busy in the last two days, didn't have much time to work on the clips. I only managed to make a few more. Enjoy. :wink:

Tuesday November 8 2005 @ 08:07[GMT-6]
    It seems people are having trouble downloading with the new fileserver. I'll put back the old link in here for now. It appears filefront.com is having some server issues as those free fileservers always do. If one of the download link doesn't work, try the other one for now. Post here if you're having trouble downloading. cheers,
*note: 01 = filefront.com, 02 = savefile.com

Combat:
  • Pirates Hunting - HD version (97.18MB)[A new re-edited verion.] 01
    Pirates Hunting - Low Quality version (28.5MB)01 02
    Argon Prime First Impression (11.55MB) 01 02
    Assault on Zeus (37.41MB) 01 02
    Argon Buster vs. Paranid Perseus Sentinel (40.89MB) 01 02
Ships: Stations && Structures
  • Laser Tower (5.57MB) 01 02
    Crystal Fab (6.82MB) 01 02
    Stargate (5.42MB) 01 02
    Ore Mine (12.81MB) 01 02
    Paranid Trading Station (6.63MB) 01 02
    SPP M. (16.68MB) 01 02
[In game status: Pirates termination]
Last edited by youki on Thu, 10. Nov 05, 19:20, edited 11 times in total.

bobioman
x3

Post by bobioman » Wed, 2. Nov 05, 09:06

WOW, awesome clip man! that gets crazy and fast...kinda upset that your fighter could live for that long with that many things shooting at it....but everyone should def. check it out :) thanks for the vid man!

-BUMP!
Goodness > Godness
(Be good, kind, generous, and understanding, if you want...be religious, but if your religion ever clashes with goodness, choose good actions over religious actions.)

PTR
x3

Post by PTR » Wed, 2. Nov 05, 09:10

Cool clip. Keep them coming! :D

Starfire13

Post by Starfire13 » Wed, 2. Nov 05, 09:38

omg. They have worse aim than Stormtroopers.. :lol:

Great clip!

youki
x3tc

Post by youki » Wed, 2. Nov 05, 10:07

Starfire13 wrote:omg. They have worse aim than Stormtroopers.. :lol:

Great clip!
The force in that Argon Buster was strong. :lol:

Acturally, it's not that the AI has bad aim or anything. I was flying in 3rd person view and doing the 90 degree manenvering every few sec. It's quite hard to get hit, but on the other hand, i can't really hit any ships as well. I was just doing that for fun, coz i've always wanted to fly the ships like the vipers in Battlestar Galactica, 180 degree flip manenuvering. It's pretty cool. You really have to fly one of the bad boys to get the feel. The drifting really adds a lot more fun to combat. :D

Edit: another clip (7.78MB) shows you the XL SPP in ore belt. Have to scale it down, or it'll take forever to upload. You'll get an idea of how big that thing is. It's in divX format btw.

youki
x3tc

Post by youki » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 08:27

Paranid Demeter S. (4.63MB) in its full glory, well, acturally half its glory. Fraps chop down 1280x1024 by half. It's a very nice looking ship. I made a few more, but savefile.com is having some trouble. I can't upload any more files atm. Enjoy. :wink:

Edit: just added superfreighter (5.08MB)
Last edited by youki on Fri, 4. Nov 05, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.

greeny666
x3

Post by greeny666 » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 09:59

That looks awesome, infact you've prolly helped my decision to buy the game, might pick it up later.

Mozz
xr

Post by Mozz » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 10:17

For the love of god what are you!

how could you survive that barrage! that could take out a station in a matter of seconds *an X2 satation at least no idea of the X3 shielding on stations*

Starfire13

Post by Starfire13 » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 10:17

Thanks for the two clips! Fantastic look. Any chance of a longer clip showing off the space stations? :)

youki
x3tc

Post by youki » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 10:23

Starfire13 wrote:Thanks for the two clips! Fantastic look. Any chance of a longer clip showing off the space stations? :)
I got quite a few clips down. Just done editing, but I'm having trouble uploading to the fileserver. I'll try again later. Check back again in a few hours. :wink:

Marijn
x3tc

Post by Marijn » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 10:34

omfg.. nice.

now i really can't wait for the package with x3 to arrive

bobwoodx
x3ap

Post by bobwoodx » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 11:51

How do you record the video clips?

youki
x3tc

Post by youki » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 12:05

A few more ship fly by clips.

* Paranid Zeus (5.75MB)
* Paranid Hercules (13.34MB)

Station:
* Crystal Fab (6.82MB)

@bobwoodx, I use Fraps.

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 12:31

Holy smokes!!!! Some of those clips look FANTASTIC. The lightng is amazing. I think I'm going to enjoy just cruising around in space for a while listening to the background music!

c'mon 28th November!!
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 12:34

I am impressed that you are able to get such a good framerate with FRAPS going.

youki
x3tc

Post by youki » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 13:16

Another fly by of the Paranid Hercules (10.89MB).

@Sandalpocalypse, I guess X3 is the type of game that either works wonder or doesn't work at all and I'm the lucky one. It settled on my computer nicely. I set FRAPS output folder on a seperate hard drive. So less interference with the game loading.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 14:00

Just watched the first clip and wow.

Just some notes tho.

1. Same x2 music :?
2. All that firepower shooting at that ship and it lived for that long what on earth saved it :?
3. Does the game have any weapons that look different compared to just laxzer bolts like that, as all i see are same weapon just different colours lol which kinda sucks looking.
4. The manovers that ship were doing was cool i mean alot of drifting which looked damn awsome. :)
5. Nice to hear some devnet ideas got in the game, with the missile warning beeps, i posted i think. :)

Gona watch some more now cheers dude for the clips. X3 may not be X2 in gameplay but the battles look alot cooler i gotta give them that.

EDIT_-

Just watched 2nd clip of the spp. Very nice station but wheres the other ships to make the universe more populated? Also do you like the stationary model of the ship fixed in that position instead of what i thought would be better if they made it swerve when u move, like if u wanted to go up then the nose of the ship would rise instead of the whole model and fixed camera just rotate the view up. Just that it looks very stationary the way they did it.

Oh im gona watch more but if there isnt a internal cockpit view (u know the weird new one they did) can you do one if u havent allready? Wouldnt mind seeing how various ships fly in that view.

Starfire13

Post by Starfire13 » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 14:16

Oh wow!!!! Just.. awesome... Thanks so much for making those clips!

May I request for a clip or two of Boron ships? I just love those. :D

youki
x3tc

Post by youki » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 15:23

Skeeter wrote: 1. Same x2 music :?
2. All that firepower shooting at that ship and it lived for that long what on earth saved it :?
3. Does the game have any weapons that look different compared to just laxzer bolts like that, as all i see are same weapon just different colours lol which kinda sucks looking.
4. The manovers that ship were doing was cool i mean alot of drifting which looked damn awsome. :)
5. Nice to hear some devnet ideas got in the game, with the missile warning beeps, i posted i think. :)
  1. There're quite a lot new soundtracks for X3. It depends on the sector you're in.
  2. I was evading as much as I can and not trying to fire back on any ships. I did that deliberately to make the clip long enough to show the new flight model.
  3. Yes, there're other weapons with different effects. I haven't got my hand on them yet.
  4. The drifting feels as good as it looks. :wink:
  5. A lot of the ideas posted on the idea forum in devnet made it to the game, as far as i can tell.
Skeeter wrote:Just watched 2nd clip of the spp. Very nice station but wheres the other ships to make the universe more populated? Also do you like the stationary model of the ship fixed in that position instead of what i thought would be better if they made it swerve when u move, like if u wanted to go up then the nose of the ship would rise instead of the whole model and fixed camera just rotate the view up. Just that it looks very stationary the way they did it.
I agree with you here. Some animation here would make the motion more noticable and dynamic. As for the ship traffic in the sector. It's much better represented in X3. Instead of tons of TLs, they're replaced by superfreighter now. If you remain docked in the station, you'll see them come and go.
[ external image ]

There're also a lot of civilian ships moving around the sector.
[ external image ]
Skeeter wrote:Oh im gona watch more but if there isnt a internal cockpit view (u know the weird new one they did) can you do one if u havent allready? Wouldnt mind seeing how various ships fly in that view.
I made quite a few clips. I just have to wait and upload them to the fileserver, which takes forever. My internet connection has the cable download speed, but they upload speed sucks. :cry: I'll make one with all the HUDs later today.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 15:54

Thanks for the reply dude its appreciated. :)

EDIT-

:lol: Paranid Funeral Director, ship on that 2nd screenie hehe. Looks like theres a ship for everything in x3 now :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”